So my third xbox just died!

Anything to do with games at all.
Rubix
Joined in 2008

PostSo my third xbox just died!
by Rubix » Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:28 pm

My elite just had the two red lights. It's all ventilated and has been for the past two years. I am so F**Ked off! :evil:

PLAY | Persona 3 Reloaded [3h]
WATCH | Ted Lasso S3, HiJack S1, Red Dwarf S4, Dexter S2
RACE | Chew Valley 10k (June), GNR (Sept), Cardiff Half (Oct)
vesp
Joined in 2008

PostRe: So my third xbox just died!
by vesp » Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:32 pm

Rubix78 wrote:My elite just had the two red lights. It's all ventilated and has been for the past two years. I am so F**Ked off! :evil:

RIP Elite :evil:

Quick ring M$! Might get it back in time for Cod lolz.

BID0
Joined in 2008

by BID0 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:54 pm

Buy a PlayStation!

Jam-Master Jay
Joined in 2008
AKA: Lord Hypnos

by Jam-Master Jay » Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:56 pm

It really is ridiculous how Microsoft can get away with producing such a shoddy and unreliable piece of hardware.

Dr. ogue Tomato
Joined in 2009

by Dr. ogue Tomato » Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:57 pm

How long have you had it?

Rubix
Joined in 2008

by Rubix » Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:17 pm

Rogue Tomato wrote:How long have you had it?

First one over a year, second 4 months and this one under 2 years

and I already have a Playstation

PLAY | Persona 3 Reloaded [3h]
WATCH | Ted Lasso S3, HiJack S1, Red Dwarf S4, Dexter S2
RACE | Chew Valley 10k (June), GNR (Sept), Cardiff Half (Oct)
superfurryfox
Joined in 2008

by superfurryfox » Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:19 pm

I am now on my third Sony Ericsson phone in the last 12 months... scared shitless that my PS3 is next.
Have now had a broken Saturn, broken Dreamcast, broken XBox, Broken 360, Broken Mega drive, 2 broken Playstations... funny thing is my NES, SNES and all my other Nintendo consoles still work including my Game Boy which I dropped in the bath when I was 10. Shame Nintendo dont make videogames anymore hey? :lol:

Yungstar 2006
Joined in 2008

by Yungstar 2006 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:20 pm

Rubix78 wrote:My elite just had the two red lights. It's all ventilated and has been for the past two years. I am so F**Ked off! :evil:

only your 3rd.........

Jam-Master Jay wrote:It really is ridiculous how Microsoft can get away with producing such A GREAT GAMING PLATFORM and yet... shoddy and unreliable piece of hardware.

fixed..... :shifty:

Newcastle 1 - 5under1and 1 ;-)
Jam-Master Jay
Joined in 2008
AKA: Lord Hypnos

by Jam-Master Jay » Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:38 pm

Yungstar 2006 wrote:

only your 3rd.........

Jam-Master Jay wrote:It really is ridiculous how Microsoft can get away with producing such A GREAT GAMING PLATFORM and yet... shoddy and unreliable piece of hardware.

The console itself may have a decent selection of games. However, when the hardware is so badly designed and unreliable you really have to question how Microsoft have gotten away with producing such a shoddy piece of shite.

You really shouldn't have to purchase the same console multiple times because of ill-thought-out design choices resulting in a console that barely lasts a year if used regularly.

Rodders9
Joined in 2008

by Rodders9 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:47 pm

Message to Microsoft - I have money I want to give you. Please release a more reliable console, so I can jump in!

PSN: Odontochelys
Cyburn2
Joined in 2008

by Cyburn2 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:47 pm

hearing this makes less likely to get a XBOX 360 Elite for christmas :|

Jez_humphrey
Joined in 2008

by Jez_humphrey » Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:03 pm

just got my new elite today its my 2nd xbox...if this one dies i wont ever be buying another console especially no ps3....pc > consoles

outoftime101
Joined in 2008

by outoftime101 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:08 pm

Jam-Master Jay wrote:
Yungstar 2006 wrote:

only your 3rd.........

The console itself may have a decent selection of games. However, when the hardware is so badly designed and unreliable you really have to question how Microsoft have gotten away with producing such a shoddy piece of shite.

You really shouldn't have to purchase the same console multiple times because of ill-thought-out design choices resulting in a console that barely lasts a year if used regularly.

You don't have to, you could always just withdraw your custom and not get another one. Moreover, I'd hardly call a one billion dollar repair bill and page upon page of adverse publicity "getting away with it".

Yes, it is bulit like crap, but other than having Bill Gates deliver a gold plated replacement, it is difficult to see what else MS can now do to satisfy those with complaints about the RROD beyond that which they have already done.

Rik
Joined in 2008

by Rik » Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:26 pm

you really have to question how Microsoft have gotten away with producing such a shoddy piece of shite.

I wouldn't call a $1.1 Billion Dollar warranty cost "getting away" with anything.

Like I have said earlier what model has failed, people aren't willing to give the information, what's the power consumption and manufacture date?

I haven't heard of a single Jasper system dying yet.

buy a Playstation

maybe not.

Neogaf: Riky
Rik
Joined in 2008

by Rik » Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:27 pm

Cyburn2 wrote:hearing this makes less likely to get a XBOX 360 Elite for christmas :|

The new ones have the Jasper motherboards and consume less power and produce less heat, you also have a 3 year warranty which neither Sony or Nintendo give.

It's actually the safest option.

Henke
Joined in 2008

by Henke » Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:31 pm

Rik wrote:
Cyburn2 wrote:hearing this makes less likely to get a XBOX 360 Elite for christmas :|

The new ones have the Jasper motherboards and consume less power and produce less heat, you also have a 3 year warranty which neither Sony or Nintendo give.

It's actually the safest option.

Also, the 360 is strawberry floating awesome man, don't be a pussy.

Venom wrote:Great form, great volume, great nips.
So great! :)
jiggles
Joined in 2008

by jiggles » Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:32 pm

My Jasper system died after 6 days, so I got a refund and vowed never to buy another 360 again.

Rik
Joined in 2008

by Rik » Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:34 pm

pyxl-8 wrote:My Jasper system died after 6 days, so I got a refund and vowed never to buy another 360 again.

My PS3 exploded and burnt down my house, I claimed on the insurance and vowed never to buy another PS3 again.

jiggles
Joined in 2008

by jiggles » Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:36 pm

Rik wrote:
pyxl-8 wrote:My Jasper system died after 6 days, so I got a refund and vowed never to buy another 360 again.

My PS3 exploded and burnt down my house, I claimed on the insurance and vowed never to buy another PS3 again.

Cool story, bro.

Rik
Joined in 2008

by Rik » Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:38 pm

You have to be careful?

People are still reporting getting Zephyr systems from shops as new, just because you got it recently it doesn't actually mean it was a Japser system.

Return to “Games”