Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostPSP - Official Thread
by Christopher » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:00 pm

Web portals:
http://www.mypspworld.com/explore.php?locale=en_GB
http://uk.playstation.com/psp/
EU Blog
To access the PSP store from a PC download Media Go by right clicking and save as here
Valkyria Chronicles 3 demo right click and save as

PSN Instant credit:
Japanese 1,000 yen
US $20
US $50
UK £20
UK £50

Features:
PSN Comics: http://uk.playstationcomics.com/main/digital-comics.html

Essential games on PSP:

Action & Adventure:
Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops
Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles
The 3rd Birthday
Silent Hill Shattered Memories
God of War Chains of Olympus
God of War Ghost of Sparta
Syphon Filter Logan's Shadow
Syphon Filter Dark Mirror
Killzone Liberation
Medieval Resurrection
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty/Vice City Stories
Pursuit Force
Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines

SRPG:
Tactics Ogre: Let us Cling Together
Valkyria Chronicles 2
Final Fantasy Tactics the War of the Lions
Jeanne D'Arc - American Import only
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness
Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days
DISGAEA Infinite - EU PSN download
Knights in the Nightmare - American Import only
Phantom Brave
Wild Arms XF

JRPG/Action RPG:
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy IV Complete
Kingdom Hearts birth by Sleep
Ys Seven - EU PSN or American UMD Import
Ys: Oath in Felghana - American Import
Legend of Heroes Trials in the Sky
Ys I&II Chronicles
Lunar Silvarstar Harmony - EU PSN or American UMD Import
Star Ocean First Departure
Star Ocean Second Evolution
Breath of Fire III
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Phantasy Star Portable 2
Riviera The Promised Land
Persona Portable
Persona 2 Innocent Sin
Persona Portable 3
ZHP: Unlosing Ranger vs. Darkdeath Evilman - EU PSN or American UMD Import
Half Minute Hero
Mana Khemia: Student Alliance
CLADUN: This is an RPG! - EU PSN download

Fighting games:
Dissidia: Final Fantasy
Dissidia 012[duodecim] Final Fantasy
Power Stone Collection
Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max
Dark Stalkers
Soul Calibur Broken Destiny
Tekken 6
BLAZBLUE CALAMITY TRIGGER
BlazBlue Continuum Shift II

Racing:
WipEout Pulse
WipEout Pure
MotorStorm Artic Edge
Ridge Racers
Ridge Racer 2
SEGA Rally
Burnout Legends
Split/Second
Mod Nation Racers

Platformers:
LocoRoco 1/2
LittleBigPlanet
Mega Man Powered Up
Mega Man X Maverick Hunter
Ultimate Ghouls N Ghosts
Daxter
Jak & Daxter The Lost Frontier
Ratchet & Clank Size Matters
Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero?
Prinny 2

Puzzle/Strategy:
Lumines
Lumines II
Exit
Crush
Football Manager 2011
Kurulin Fusion
echochrome
Pixel Junk Monsters Deluxe
Peggle - EU PSN download

Rhythm Action:
Patapon 2
Patapon 3
Rock Band Unplugged
Parappa the Rappa
DJ Max Fever
Guitaro Man Lives

Shooters:
Resistance Retribution
SOCOM Fire Team Bravo 3
Brothers in Arms D-Day
Gradius Collection
Parodius Portable - Japanese import
Salamander Portable - Japanese import
Twin Bee Portable - Japanese import
PC Engine Star Soldier Collection - Japanese import
Super Stardust Portable(PSN download)
Riff: Everyday Shooter(PSN download)
Gravity Crash (PSN download)
Metal Slug XX

Sports:
Everybody's Golf 2
Everybody's Tennis
Virtua Tennis 3
Pro Evolution Soccer 2011
Madden'11

Obscure:
Metal Gear Ac!d 1/2
Patchwork Heroes(PSN download)
What Did I Do To Deserve This, My Lord!?
What Did I Do To Deserve This, My Lord!? 2
No Heroes Allowed
Eye Pet

Compilations:
SEGA Mega Drive Collection
Capcom Classics Collection Remixed
Capcom Classics Collection Reloaded

Essential PSone downloads:
Final Fantasy V
Final Fantasy VI
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX
Vagrant Story
Parasite Eve 2
Metal Gear Solid
Crash Bandicoot 2
Crash Bandicoot 3 Warped
Crash Team Racing
Kurushi Final
Bishi Bashi Special
Kula World
Command & Conquer Red Alert
G-Police
Front Mission 3
Grandia
Tekken 2
Twisted Metal
Soul Reaver
Ridge Racer Type 4

NEO GEO Classics
King of Fighters'94
Metal Slug
Magician Lord
Alpha Mission II
Super Side Kicks

minis:
Flying Hamster
Aero Racer
Tetris
Blast Off
Echoes
Field Runners
Age of Zombies
Monsters! (Probably) Stole my Princess
Vibes
Coconut Dodge
WTF? Whose that Flying?
Pac Man CE
Young Thor
A Space Shooter for $2
Pix N Love Rush
Ninjamurai
Denki Blocks

Want to take your PSP gaming online? Well a number of titles offer out the box online play, but if you own a PS3 as well as a PSP you can download the Ad Hoc Party app form the PS3 store. This allows PSP users to play online with friends and includes voice chat.

Last edited by HailToTheKingBaby! on Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
TheTurnipKing
Joined in 2008

PostRe: PSP - RIP 2009?
by TheTurnipKing » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:04 pm

There's a few goodies which just aren't really available at retail anymore. Capcom produced some stonking updates - A Ghouls and Ghosts update, plus a pair of Megaman games. And there's the likes of Outrun. Oh, and Castlevania, of course.

SchminkyPinky
Joined in 2008

by SchminkyPinky » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:07 pm

The hardware seems to sell quite well but the sad truth is that most people pirate their PSP games. See any multiformat sales chart of any country for proof of this.

HailToTheKingBaby!
Joined in 2008

by HailToTheKingBaby! » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:09 pm

Yeah, I need to read some older reviews to see what else is worth a look was just shocked at how little shelf space the machine has at the moment everywhere.

Guess with PSOne titles working on it though I can download a few of those from the Playstation store too.

Looking at play.com's preorders there seems to be far more UMD movies in the pipeline than actual games.. I mean, does anyone actually buy films on PSP?

HailToTheKingBaby!
Joined in 2008

by HailToTheKingBaby! » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:10 pm

One I did see I mean to ask about, is the Powerstone Collection a good port of the Dreamcast titles? Loved the first one back when it came out.

sw26
Joined in 2008

by sw26 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:15 pm

I don't know how long it will last, but Sony are definitely pushing the PSP in terms of advertising (plenty of ads during the football earlier), moreso than the PS3. I do agree that many brick and mortar stores seem to be trying to phase it out, but I don't know whether that's necessarily a sign that it's on its last legs.

NickSCFC

by NickSCFC » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:18 pm

PSP might go Network only in 2009, UMD = Fail

Pred
Joined in 2008

by Pred » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:18 pm

HailToTheKingBaby! wrote:One I did see I mean to ask about, is the Powerstone Collection a good port of the Dreamcast titles? Loved the first one back when it came out.

I really like the Power Stone games but the thing I really didn't like about Collection was the long loading times. I had heard about them but didn't think much of it but they are quite bad. Then again I was playing it on the original model. You have the PSP-3000, which, I believe, has something to help loading times (correct me if I'm wrong, anyone! :P ). You should be able to pick it up quite cheap now so it's definitely worth a go, at least.

HailToTheKingBaby!
Joined in 2008

by HailToTheKingBaby! » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:21 pm

Pred wrote:
HailToTheKingBaby! wrote:One I did see I mean to ask about, is the Powerstone Collection a good port of the Dreamcast titles? Loved the first one back when it came out.

I really like the Power Stone games but the thing I really didn't like about Collection was the long loading times. I had heard about them but didn't think much of it but they are quite bad. Then again I was playing it on the original model. You have the PSP-3000, which, I believe, has something to help loading times (correct me if I'm wrong, anyone! :P ). You should be able to pick it up quite cheap now so it's definitely worth a go, at least.

Cheers - I saw it in CEX for £7, very nearly bought it with Crazy Taxi but decided to hold off till I've bought more xmas pressies. Crazy Taxi for £7 was too tempting though, spent so many hours playing it in the student union at uni and then on the Dreamcast. Hoping it'll be as fun as I remember after reading Eurogamers scathing review. :?

For the loading times, I think you're right. I believe they added some more memory to the PSP-3000 (maybe the slim and lite too) to help speed up loading.

Dangerblade
Joined in 2008

by Dangerblade » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:25 pm

I have over 40 PSP games. The argument that the machine has no good games truly baffles me.

NickSCFC

by NickSCFC » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:26 pm

I think the argument is about decent exclusives, for a handheld a game like LocoRoco is enough for me.

Peter Crisp
Joined in 2008

by Peter Crisp » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:30 pm

I just want a version of Vandal Hearts that I can play on my PSP but stupid Sony won't make one and I refuse to download a hacked version. I think I have the game in my loft somewhere but it may have been swiped years ago when I was burgled.

Vermilion wrote:I'd rather live in Luton.
HailToTheKingBaby!
Joined in 2008

by HailToTheKingBaby! » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:32 pm

Dangerblade wrote:I have over 40 PSP games. The argument that the machine has no good games truly baffles me.

I'm not saying there's no good games.. I've already identified a few I want to pick up as mentioned in the first post and I'm sure I'll discover more as I look into it more.

I'm just saying that as a new PSP owner who's just starting to look into the machine and it's games, it's a bit worrying when you see the state of the machine in most retailers - the PS2 has a bigger section still in most stores and we're not talking one or two retailers, this was pretty much every games store in Nottingham.

And looking at upcoming releases, at the moment there's very little of note. Another new portable Metal Gear would be nice or the latest Tomb Raider but there seems to be little of note outside of Sony's own output and even that is mostly rumours at the moment (Motorstorm, LBP, Gran Turismo).

I don't want it to die as that'd be a £150 xmas pressie down the toilet but the current state of the machine here in the UK is a little worrying at the moment.

Red 5 stella
Joined in 2008

by Red 5 stella » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:32 pm

I too own 35+ PSP games.

With LocoRoco 2 just been released and Patapon 2 due soon, its not all that bad ;)

As for past goodies:

Both Everybodys Golf games, Wipeout games, Puzzle Quest, Jeanne D'arc, God of War.

Somebody mentioned buying UMD movies, It is possible to rip a dvd onto the PSP memory card and youtube clips etc, all good stuff :)

I have the 2nd PSP (slim & light or 2000?), anyways is thier any advantage to be had upgrading to the 3000?

3DS: 2509 1604 2939
360: Red 5 Stella
PSN: nik5750
HailToTheKingBaby!
Joined in 2008

by HailToTheKingBaby! » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:34 pm

Red 5 stella wrote:I too own 35+ PSP games.

With LocoRoco 2 just been released and Patapon 2 due soon, its not all that bad ;)

As for past goodies:

Both Everybodys Golf games, Wipeout games, Puzzle Quest, Jeanne D'arc, God of War.

Somebody mentioned buying UMD movies, It is possible to rip a dvd onto the PSP memory card and youtube clips etc, all good stuff :)

I have the 2nd PSP (slim & light or 2000?), anyways is thier any advantage to be had upgrading to the 3000?

As far as I'm aware it's basically just a clearer screen and a built in microphone for skype users. Possibly more memory for faster loading but the Slim and Lite might've had that too so probably not worth the upgrade unless you have any problems with the screen.

Dangerblade
Joined in 2008

by Dangerblade » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:36 pm

NickSCFC wrote:I think the argument is about decent exclusives, for a handheld a game like LocoRoco is enough for me.

Yeah I don't really get that argument either. Here's a list of some of the exclusives I own:

Archer McLean’s Mercury
Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles
DJ MAX Portable series (the best bemani series ever)
Every Extend Extra
Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
God of War: Chains of Olympus
Gripshift (was PSP exclusive)
Loco Roco
Lumines (was PSP exclusive)
Ridge Racers
Silent Hill: Origins
Taiko no Tatsujin Portable 1 + 2 (different to others in the series and amazing on PSP)
Wipeout Pure

...add the likes of portable Burnout, Katamari, Metal Slug, Tekken etc., while not exactly "exclusive" the portable experience alone warrents a mention. Dissidia to come, too.

HailToTheKingBaby! wrote:
Dangerblade wrote:I have over 40 PSP games. The argument that the machine has no good games truly baffles me.

I'm not saying there's no good games.. I've already identified a few I want to pick up as mentioned in the first post and I'm sure I'll discover more as I look into it more.

I'm just saying that as a new PSP owner who's just starting to look into the machine and it's games, it's a bit worrying when you see the state of the machine in most retailers - the PS2 has a bigger section still in most stores and we're not talking one or two retailers, this was pretty much every games store in Nottingham.

And looking at upcoming releases, at the moment there's very little of note. Another new portable Metal Gear would be nice or the latest Tomb Raider but there seems to be little of note outside of Sony's own output and even that is mostly rumours at the moment (Motorstorm, LBP, Gran Turismo).

I don't want it to die as that'd be a £150 xmas pressie down the toilet but the current state of the machine here in the UK is a little worrying at the moment.

Believe me there's an amazing back catalogue if you look throughout the various regions, Asia especially.

Something Fishy

by Something Fishy » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:38 pm

Hope not, as I am getting one for Christmas too.

Oh and yes they have cut right down on them in shops. I'm not worried as I have a back catalogue to get now cheapo.

Last edited by Something Fishy on Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SEP
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

by SEP » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:38 pm

The PSP was doomed as soon as the DS appeared.

Prototype
Joined in 2008

by Prototype » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:39 pm

MCN wrote:The PSP was doomed as soon as the DS appeared.

Errr.... The DS was around before the PSP.

Pred
Joined in 2008

by Pred » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:39 pm

Definitely buy Ridge Racer 2. There's not much point buying the original since 2 is almost identical to 1 but with extra content. It was rather disappointing for me since I already have 1. Since you haven't played either then RR2 is definitely worth buying. Unless you hate arcade racers.

Return to “Games”