Joined in 2008

PostWorld of Warcraft 'more addictive than cocaine'
by Cyburn2 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:56 pm

smurphy
Joined in 2008
AKA: A Little Cocky Child

PostRe: World of Warcraft 'more addictive than cocaine'
by smurphy » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:14 pm

I've never had cocaine, but WoW's certainly the most addictive thing I've ever come across. Not for me though. I just play it loads because it's so good.

captain red dog
Joined in 2008

by captain red dog » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:29 pm

I'd agree with that. I lost my brother to WoW a few months ago. :(

Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

by Qikz » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:32 pm

I'm sorry, but that is partly due to the imbecile playing for 24 hours straight. I play WoW myself and I have self control. Obviously that guy doesn't and that's his own fault.

The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...
BAKA
Joined in 2008

by BAKA » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:44 pm

Haven't tried Cocaine, but I certainly find MMORPG's to be addictive. From my own experience, and looking at everything that's happening in Korea and China, I can't help but believe it will be a growing problem that people aren't preparing for. They will take over the world and create a society of NEET's. :cry:

Anyone looking forward to Aion? :twisted:

Shadow
Joined in 2008

by Shadow » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:08 pm

smurphy wrote:I've never had cocaine, but WoW's certainly the most addictive thing I've ever come across. Not for me though. I just play it loads because it's so good.

Cocaine's pretty good too, to be honest mate.

I can believe this, cocaine isn't particularly addictive (the powder one you snort, not crack that you smoke, apparently that's more moreish than Crunchy Nut Corn Flakes), along with ecstasy it's certainly one of the least addictive drugs.

Cardinal Chunder
Joined in 2008
AKA: CosmoKramer

by Cardinal Chunder » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:27 pm

Cyburn2 wrote:What will they say next, The Wii causes cancer?

Nah, apparently Facebook does that.

Exxy
Joined in 2008
AKA: Dodems

by Exxy » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:31 pm

I never found it too addictive, I had it on in Windowed mode pretty often so I could talk to some (IRL) friends through it but I only played it as much as I would any other game. One of my friend got too obsessed with, barely talk to him anymore.

Peter Crisp
Joined in 2008

by Peter Crisp » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:39 pm

CosmoKramer wrote:
Cyburn2 wrote:What will they say next, The Wii causes cancer?

Nah, apparently Facebook does that.

The Wii causes you to become a Casual Gamer which is a fatal disease with no known cure.

Vermilion wrote:I'd rather live in Luton.
jpatez
Joined in 2008

by jpatez » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:56 pm

Fixed ;)

KK
Joined in 2008

by KK » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:04 pm

Never touched an MMORPG in my life. Not going to start now. I think they send people into the abyss.

Stig
Joined in 2008

by Stig » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:17 pm

Well I can tell you that the 2 or 3 hours I put into the WOW trial were quite possibly some of the most boring of my life and in no way addictive whatsoever.

Yes I was playing with friends.

That
Dr. Nyaaa~!
Dr. Nyaaa~!
Joined in 2008

by That » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:26 pm

Stig wrote:Well I can tell you that the 2 or 3 hours I put into the WOW trial were quite possibly some of the most boring of my life and in no way addictive whatsoever.

Xeno
Joined in 2008

by Xeno » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:30 pm

KKLEIN wrote:Never touched an MMORPG in my life. Not going to start now. I think they send people into the abyss.

You are missing out, some are highly social and you do talk to a lot of good people while you play.

Falsey wrote:
Xeno wrote:Chewing takes effort. What he needs is Emma Watson to chew his food then transfer it to him for him to swallow.

I dont know why, but that sounds strawberry floating incredible.

Wuijibobo wrote:You're a funny man Xeno. I like you... That's why I'm going to kill you last.
That
Dr. Nyaaa~!
Dr. Nyaaa~!
Joined in 2008

by That » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:32 pm

Xeno wrote:
KKLEIN wrote:Never touched an MMORPG in my life. Not going to start now. I think they send people into the abyss.

You are missing out, some are highly social and you do talk to a lot of good people while you play.

Xeno
Joined in 2008

by Xeno » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:37 pm

Nah, outside is less interesting than pirating some guy flying his pimped out ship, or taking on 30 russians in a toe to toe fight, taking down your first player owned structure. scouting a battle fleet through a system full of hostiles who will try to take you out at every opportunity.

Falsey wrote:
Xeno wrote:Chewing takes effort. What he needs is Emma Watson to chew his food then transfer it to him for him to swallow.

I dont know why, but that sounds strawberry floating incredible.

Wuijibobo wrote:You're a funny man Xeno. I like you... That's why I'm going to kill you last.
Skarjo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Skarjo » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:08 pm

Xeno wrote:Nah, outside is less interesting than pirating some guy flying his pimped out ship, or taking on 30 russians in a toe to toe fight, taking down your first player owned structure. scouting a battle fleet through a system full of hostiles who will try to take you out at every opportunity.

True, but outside has beer, cornettos and warm summer ev....

Who am I kidding?

Karl wrote:Can't believe I got baited into expressing a political stance on hentai

Skarjo's Scary Stories...
Turok
Joined in 2008

by Turok » Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:10 pm

Seems like Karlprof is having an epiphany.

Raide
Joined in 2008

by Raide » Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:17 pm

Karlprof wrote:
Xeno wrote:

Too many hackers in the Outside, plus loosing all your levels and XP when you get PK'd really sucks.

Anything people do for vast amounts of time can be classed as addictive. Well, except for breathing obviously. :lol:

plaido
Joined in 2008

by plaido » Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:33 pm

I've been tempted to give WOW a go, but have resisted so far. I don't like the idea of putting so much time into one game at the exclusion of others. I've also stopped playing football manager for this reason - Its frightening to think of the amount of time I've put into that game over the years.

Return to “Games”