Short films

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
Madness
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Tom Sawyer

PostShort films
by Madness » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:38 pm

Aren't they great? I've had to research some for my media project next year, and Youtube has been invaluable. But I've also absolutely adored the ones I've found. There was some gooseberry fool, yeah, but some really good stuff. Such as :

Spin, a film in which God is literally a DJ and he has to right some wrongdoings on a busy city block.

My Name is Lisa, a film you should really go into without knowing anything but for those who insist, it's about a young girl dealing with her mother, who has Alzheimers. It's a genuinely depressing, meaningful little film.

Strangers, a film set on a train. I'm not even going to provide any details for this, cos you should watch it. It's stonking great, if let down a little by some character development being a bit too subtle.

Black Button, a film thats already had a topic on GR, but for anyone who missed it, it's worth a watch, and for anyone who has seen it, watch it again cos it's still as bloody great now as it was then.

Love Corner, a comedy about two friends who observe a corner from a rooftop. Really funny this, and it reminded me of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

And my last for this post at least, Phone Tag:

A film about someone refusing to accept a breakup and slowly coming to terms with it in his own way. Another comedy and it's pretty good.

What are your favourite short films then, GRcade?

Oblomov Boblomov
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: Short films
by Oblomov Boblomov » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:41 pm

I saw Black Button in the thread you mentioned. It really is great. I'll give some of these a watch a little later.

DeckardRunner
Joined in 2008

by DeckardRunner » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:54 pm

BBC Film Network and Vimeo are your friends, theres a fair lot more and their grouped together so there easier to find

my own short film is on Vimeo, although it's 20 minutes long, so not that short :lol:

Charlie

Red
Joined in 2008

by Red » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:03 pm

Check out:

Kirksdale (absolutely awesome, my favourite short film)
Wheelchair Werewolf (funny)
You Better Watch Out
How My Dad Killed Dracula
The Pearce Sisters
I Live In The Woods
Dr. Tran

There's another one I love about a boy running away from a Nazi soldier with his baby sister and hiding in a big abandoned mansion if anyone can recall the name - it's the most depressing short I've ever seen, brilliant and chilling.

Coconut Bob wrote:You come across as feminine as a cave troll so its no wonder you have little concept of the way females should behave.

Instagram: @amygmatic
Bud Clay
Joined in 2008

by Bud Clay » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:07 pm

Madness wrote:What are your favourite short films then, GRcade?

Meshes of the Afternoon (Maya Deren)

Scorpio Rising (Kenneth Anger)

You should get back in the game Mitch Yost.
Red
Joined in 2008

by Red » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:10 pm

Also:

Criticized
The Girls
Los Colgados
Guilt

Can't be strawberry floated finding links, sorry.

Coconut Bob wrote:You come across as feminine as a cave troll so its no wonder you have little concept of the way females should behave.

Instagram: @amygmatic
Tragic Magic
Joined in 2008

by Tragic Magic » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:14 am

Return to “Stuff”