'Arrrrr You A Werewolf?' - Wolves Attack - 11pm

Our best bits.
The Alchemist Penguin
Joined in 2008

PostRe: 'Arrrrr You A Werewolf?' - Fives a Charm
by The Alchemist Penguin » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:57 pm

Parksey wrote:Wuh?

TAP, are you saying that me and you got sent the same PM? It may have been the same message, but my name was the only recipient, obviously to avoid the contacts knowing one another.

And the thing about the Inbox thing is false - it only goes "read" when you read it. If you open your inbox and go out, doesn't it say "0 New Messages, 1 Unread Message(s)".

Admittedly, it is very easy to lie about being Seered as a human when the Seer who did it is dead.

If you "To:" then everyone you "To:" will appear. If you "BCC:" then you'll only see your name in the list. Kanbei only had to "BCC: Parksey, Tiarny, Mocky" and it would have appeared as "To: Tiarny, To: Parksey, To: Mocky" on our PMs, despite it all being the *same* single PM.

I just tested the inbox thing with someone there now as they informed me of the "checking inbox" thing. The minute you go into your inbox all new PMs go from the Outbox to Sentbox for that other person, which is the barometer Kanbei was using to claim that we all read our PMs. I know I didn't read the PM straight away, I didn't even notice it at first due to Chrome not giving me the PM update, and when I did notice I had PMs I ended up reading Agronaut's PM first and then getting carried away typing that. I've no idea when I read Kanbei's pm, and I honestly can't remember reading it at all. It was only when I got back, and seen the mess I was now in, that I went and checked my inbox on Sunday and, sure enough, it was there.

Kanbei
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by Kanbei » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:58 pm

Parksey wrote:Wuh?

TAP, are you saying that me and you got sent the same PM? It may have been the same message, but my name was the only recipient, obviously to avoid the contacts knowing one another.

And the thing about the Inbox thing is false - it only goes "read" when you read it. If you open your inbox and go out, doesn't it say "0 New Messages, 1 Unread Message(s)".

Admittedly, it is very easy to lie about being Seered as a human when the Seer who did it is dead.

That's precisely what I got Sykes to test out.

I'm tired, so no Phoenix gifs this time, just point by point :P

Prove it! You can't, because you killed him! If you were in contact with Mori, then it stands to reason that only one person out of the "group" would have contacted him anyway!

I was talking to Hank for 2 days before he was killed and he mentioned NO-ONE. He was also talking to Mocky for a day and mentioned that I was the only one to contact him. Only me and Mocky knew Hank was a 100% a seer. I also never contacted Mori once.

Why would you waste killings on us, when your plan was to have us lynched? If your plan was to find a way to take out major active players, then the reason why you didn't just kill us off is obvious! You couldn't!

If I was a wolf, I would need to get rid of all loose ends, if I was a wolf you, Parksey and Mocky would be loose ends. You would have been killed. End of. Lynching one of you every day would've been incredibly risky. And even then you can only be mayor on alternate days which would have made it even more difficult.

It seems to me that the only person who can prove that is dead, by your own hairy paw!

Actually Mocky can, Mocky knew I was seered human remember! Just like I knew Mocky was seered human!

Parksey
Joined in 2008

by Parksey » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:59 pm

The Alchemist Penguin wrote:Why would you waste killings on us, when your plan was to have us lynched? If your plan was to find a way to take out major active players, then the reason why you didn't just kill us off is obvious! You couldn't!

The message was sent on Thursday night, though. Maybe the inactive rule was in place then so they couldn't kill us three that night. However, that message being planted at 11pm means that this was obviously a plan for Friday or Saturday (I think PM-Gate "broke" late Saturday while I was out, as my defence was very early Sunday morning). Hank was killed Saturday as well, which would obviously be the big part of the plan, as he then couldn't speak out about what was true and what was false.

On Friday, Aaron was killed, who was definitely not an inactive. On Saturday, Hank, Wiggles and Irene were killed and, again, these were not inactives.

So, why didn't the wolves just kill the three of us one of those nights? Their plan didn't break until after all those kills went through, if what you say is right, TAP.

Last edited by Parksey on Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Psychic
Emeritus
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Psychic » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:00 am

The Alchemist Penguin wrote:I just tested the inbox thing with someone there now as they informed me of the "checking inbox" thing.

Who?

Kanbei
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by Kanbei » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:01 am

Just to explain this PM jargon once and for all. And to prove that I sent each message separately, can Tiarny and Parksey please go and check the timestamp I sent the message. If I sent it together they should all have the same timestamp, if not it'll be different. On my sent messages page Parksey's one was sent at 10.55pm and TAP's at 10.57pm.

Parksey
Joined in 2008

by Parksey » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:02 am

Karlprof wrote:
Parksey wrote:And the thing about the Inbox thing is false - it only goes "read" when you read it. If you open your inbox and go out, doesn't it say "0 New Messages, 1 Unread Message(s)".

Not taking anyone's side here, but this is patently and demonstrably untrue. Try it with someone you trust. The message is marked as 'received' for the sender as soon as you visit your inbox, regardless of whether you open it or not.

EDIT: To clarify, you're right about the 0 new messages, 1 unread message notification, but that has no bearing on the received status for the sender.

Oh, right, I thought that this wasn't the case.

As I was sure, in quite a few AYAW games, people sent insurance PMs not be opened except after their death, and they used such a thing to measure the fact that the recipient hadn't opened them.

The Alchemist Penguin
Joined in 2008

by The Alchemist Penguin » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:02 am

Parksey wrote:So, why didn't the wolves just kill the three of us one of those nights? Their plan didn't break until after all those kills went through, if what you say is right, TAP.

I suppose the obvious answer is that if the wolves killed everyone involved but Kanbei then, well, it's obvious who we'd all target as a wolf next. But if Kanbei got the seed of doubt about us out into the open, it was simply a matter of letting us all lynch ourselves and Kanbei could escape without any major blame.

Parksey wrote:As I was sure, in quite a few AYAW games, people sent insurance PMs not be opened except after their death, and they used such a thing to measure the fact that the recipient hadn't opened them.

Yeah, it seems there has been a massive flaw in that all along and nobody even realised! I didn't know myself until Karlprof told me about it.

That
Dr. Nyaaa~!
Dr. Nyaaa~!
Joined in 2008

by That » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:04 am

Parksey wrote:As I was sure, in quite a few AYAW games, people sent insurance PMs not be opened except after their death, and they used such a thing to measure the fact that the recipient hadn't opened them.

The behaviour has changed in PhpBB3, and that was felt in AYABH?. There was a "don't read this PM"-gate wherein people were wrongly called out for nosing on insurance PMs because they had just looked in their inbox. But feel free to verify it yourself. :)

That
Dr. Nyaaa~!
Dr. Nyaaa~!
Joined in 2008

by That » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:05 am

The Alchemist Penguin wrote:I didn't know myself until Karlprof told me about it.

Glad to see you were paying attention to your own forum game when this exact issue came up. ;)

The Alchemist Penguin
Joined in 2008

by The Alchemist Penguin » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:07 am

Karlprof wrote:Glad to see you were paying attention to your own forum game when this exact issue came up. ;)

I just thought someone had sneakily read the PMs! :lol:

Parksey
Joined in 2008

by Parksey » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:07 am

Sigh.

Last edited by Parksey on Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Parksey
Joined in 2008

by Parksey » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:09 am

Karlprof wrote:

The behaviour has changed in PhpBB3, and that was felt in AYABH?. There was a "don't read this PM"-gate wherein people were wrongly called out for nosing on insurance PMs because they had just looked in their inbox. But feel free to verify it yourself. :)

Yeah, I do remember people calling out others for reading PMs, and then these people saying they hadn't.

Dalagonash
Joined in 2008

by Dalagonash » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:12 am

Parksey trying a bit too hard to defend Kanbei here... TAP rattle the cage a bit too loud for you wolves?

I totally do this thing called StreetPass UK and it's real good like.
Psychic
Emeritus
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Psychic » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:13 am

Court session closed for the night?

Edit: Parksey speaks common sense Dala and as I said earlier, pointless accusations don't help anyone other than the wolves. Please refrain from doing so. :)

Kanbei
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by Kanbei » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:16 am

Dalagonash wrote:Parksey trying a bit too hard to defend Kanbei here... TAP rattle the cage a bit too loud for you wolves?

TAP hasn't even answered the simplest of questions yet, when did I send him the message? It'll prove that I didn't send it in a block PM.

Also, about the outbox thingy, what me and Sykes did was this.

1. I sent a PM to Sykes
2. Sykes DID NOT LOOK at the PM, that PM remained in my outbox
3. When Sykes DID LOOK at the PM, that PM was REMOVED from my outbox.

As I remember that there was NO MESSAGES in my outbox the following day, it proves TAP had read it before the floodgates opened.

Psychic
Emeritus
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Psychic » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:19 am

PsychicSykes wrote:
The Alchemist Penguin wrote:I just tested the inbox thing with someone there now as they informed me of the "checking inbox" thing.

Who?

Can you answer this too please TAP? :)

The Alchemist Penguin
Joined in 2008

by The Alchemist Penguin » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:36 am

Kanbei wrote:
Dalagonash wrote:Parksey trying a bit too hard to defend Kanbei here... TAP rattle the cage a bit too loud for you wolves?

TAP hasn't even answered the simplest of questions yet, when did I send him the message? It'll prove that I didn't send it in a block PM.

It was at 11:57pm. And the second part is not true, as I tested it earlier and it vanished the moment the inbox was entered. Anyone else can pair up with a buddy and test it themselves too. It'll vanish the moment someone starts poking around in their inbox, not when they open and read the actual message. That can be proven, but you can't prove when I read the PM! Not that it particularly matters either since my point is that you're the wolf, so us reading the PMs seems rather irrelevant under those circumstances. :mrgreen:

If Sykes is the one telling you that the PM is only vanishing when he reads the message, which it can't have done, then that does throw a sizeable degree of suspicion on him, and his motives for doing so. :shifty:

PsychicSykes wrote:Can you answer this too please TAP? :)

Karlprof. I thought I already answered that, but I was just talking about him alerting me about it. He also proved it to me, as I didn't actually believe him at first! :oops:

I have a long lecture tomorrow, so I won't be around until near 5pm. I have a feeling this will be mostly cleared up, for better or worse, by then though. Goodnight!

Parksey
Joined in 2008

by Parksey » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:37 am

As Sykes says, I am just defending the side which I perceive to be speaking common sense.

Why would I defend Kanbei just because it's him? The guy tried to lynch me on Sunday. Nevertheless, as I am a part of PM-gate, I can at least point out flaws in TAP's testimony.

'Sides, even if I was a wolf, it would probably be logical to attack TAP - remember, people were saying either him or me were a wolf on Saturday night, so it'd be obvious for me to attack him.

Still, I am not "attacking" people - just that what TAP is saying about the chain of events jars with the timing of it as I know.

You've just waded in again with another suspicion just thrown out.

Psychic
Emeritus
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Psychic » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:40 am

I have a theory.

The wolves hit Hank at random because he hardly posted and everyone implicated in this mess is just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Discuss.

(This is mainly based on my idea that the parties involved are all discussing this reasonably and logically, rather than attempting to deflect attention. I could be wrong though. Then again I'll almost certainly be out the game soon so ho hum. Just a thought.)

Last edited by Psychic on Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Parksey
Joined in 2008

by Parksey » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:42 am

PsychicSykes wrote:I have a theory.

The wolves hit Hank at random because he hardly posted and everyone implicated in this mess is just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Discuss.

It would certainly be in keeping with "events" in other games.

You normally get a side which is implicated and then those that attack them. The implicated think their attackers are wolves trying to get a human lynched - the attackers think they have a wolf in their sights and relentlessly tear holes in their posts.

Oh, yeah, and the time of my PM from Kanbei was 10:55, which proves that it wasn't a group message to me, TAP and Mockmaster.

Sykes and Karlprof can confirm this is the case, as I accidently posted it in the thread about half an hour ago.

Return to “Archive”