Have you ever bought something expensive and regretted it

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
No:1 Final Fantasy Fan
Joined in 2008

PostHave you ever bought something expensive and regretted it
by No:1 Final Fantasy Fan » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:41 pm

Sometimes I spend money for the sake of it. I get bored easily and feel the need to buy something so that I will have something to look forward to. :fp:
Like buying a sat nav for £150 and then never using it for anything important
Upgrading a phone and going into a new contract just because I wanted the new version and it wasn't neccesary
Buying expensive food and wasting it
£130 coat and wore it once, a £90 t shirt and wore it once, £80 t shirt and never wore it :fp:
a £205 wallet which I do use but I feel stupid for spending so much on it (it was a spur of the moment thing when i bought it)
LOADS of games that I have played for 5 minutes and then left them to gather dust :fp: :fp: :fp: or buying new games on the release date knowing I wont have time to play it yet and that I could have waited until it dropped in price.
etc

I think in this day and age with the current economy I should be more wise with my money and start saving.

Last edited by No:1 Final Fantasy Fan on Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Iron Nan
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Have you ever bought something expensive and regretted i
by Iron Nan » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:44 pm

my mate spent some £500 odd on a hi tech surround sound system then suffered massive buyers remorse and took it back the next day.

I spent nearly £100 buying the ltd ed new version of space hulk from games workshop and then for one reason or another never played it. :fp:

Last edited by Iron Nan on Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beans
Joined in 2008

by Beans » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:44 pm

£205 for a wallet. What on earth was so good about it.

Lotus
Joined in 2008

by Lotus » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:44 pm

strawberry float me, I'm loathe to spend more than £10 on a t-shirt, let alone £80 or £90. :shock: :fp:

I'm pretty shrewd with money. I make a few over-the-top purchases perhaps, but nothing outside of my means.

I've bought two coats in recent years there were each £100+, and I've worn both of them only a handful of times. They're more for 'special occasions' though.

Floex
Joined in 2008

by Floex » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:44 pm

Beans wrote:£205 for a wallet. What on earth was so good about it.

It's a wallet within a wallet

Last edited by Floex on Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beans
Joined in 2008

by Beans » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:45 pm

Iron Nan wrote:my mate spent some £500 odd on a hi tech surround sound system then suffered massive buyers remorse and took it back the next day.

£500 for a surround system isn't expensive :? Especially considering it should last years

Last edited by Beans on Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joined in 2008

by No:1 Final Fantasy Fan » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:45 pm

Iron Nan wrote:my mate spent some £500 odd on a hi tech surround sound system then suffered massive buyers remorse and took it back the next day.

I know the feeling. bet your mate was really looking forward to getting it and did tonnes of research. But then like you said the moment he got it he suffered buyers remorse.

Seven
Joined in 2008

by Seven » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:46 pm

Eh, I would say expensive high-specced laptop but then again it's giving me taste of PC gaming and has made me get proper gaming PC, so I don't regret that.

Only one I've regretted this year was boxset of Two and Half Men. I loved first few seasons, so I thought I'd like em all. Got to Season 4/start of 5 and I actually dislike it more. So I've pretty much wasted £50, but that's life. As soon as my mate gives my dvds back (S1-S4) I'll just sell it off or give rest of them to my niece if she wants them for no cost - it's taking up space.

And probably mangas too. Enjoyed reading them, but they take up so much room and I struggle to keep up with buyingthem so I stopped. That reminds me, I need to mail it off to Mommy(GRc) but I need to get decent package for it :|

Other than that, I'm happy with all purchases I've made this year, and any bad ones I just didn't think about it all time and just sell it off if needed.

Bluesky: SevenFisher.bsky.social || Steam ID: SevenFisher
Joined in 2008

by No:1 Final Fantasy Fan » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:46 pm

Floex wrote:
Beans wrote:£205 for a wallet. What on earth was so good about it.

It's a wallet within a wallet

I dunno its a Louis Vuitton one and I saw them everywhere when I was on holiday in a BIG city and it made me feel that I needed one too and so bought one when I got home :fp:

Mockmaster
Joined in 2008

by Mockmaster » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:47 pm

£250 for a second hand N64 with Mario and Pilotwings. Bought it from a guy at school, the day before an official price drop.

Fatal Exception
Joined in 2008
AKA: Racist chinese lover

by Fatal Exception » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:47 pm

No:1 Final Fantasy Fan wrote:Sometimes I spend money for the sake of it. I get bored easily and feel the need to buy something so that I will have something to look forward to. :fp:
Upgrading a phone and going into a new contract just because I wanted the new version and it wasn't neccesary
£130 coat and wore it once, a £90 t shirt and wore it once, £80 t shirt and never wore it :fp:
a £205 wallet which I do use but I feel stupid for spending so much on it (it was a spare of the moment thing when i bought it)
LOADS of games that I have played for 5 minutes and then left them to gather dust :fp: :fp: :fp: or buying new games on the release date knowing I wont have time to play it yet and that I could have waited until it dropped in price.
etc

I think in this day and age with the current economy I should be more wise with my money and start saving.

Can I have pics of a £205 wallet? :shock: My wallet is made of ductape, and falling apart.

The above post, unless specifically stated to the contrary, should not be taken seriously. If the above post has offended you in any way, please fill in this form and return it to your nearest moderator.
Barley
Joined in 2008

by Barley » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:49 pm

No:1 Final Fantasy Fan wrote: (it was a spare of the moment thing)

Slip up or did you think that was the phrase? My missus thought that pedestal was pedal stool until about the age of 24. Whatever a pedal stool is.

Last edited by Barley on Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joined in 2008

by No:1 Final Fantasy Fan » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:49 pm

Fatal Exception wrote:
No:1 Final Fantasy Fan wrote:Sometimes I spend money for the sake of it. I get bored easily and feel the need to buy something so that I will have something to look forward to. :fp:
a £205 wallet which I do use but I feel stupid for spending so much on it (it was a spare of the moment thing when i bought it)
etc

Can I have pics of a £205 wallet? :shock: My wallet is made of ductape, and falling apart.

On the plus side maybe it was a good investment as the price of it has gone up to £265 on their website now. but I still feel abit ashamed of myself for spending that much.

Last edited by No:1 Final Fantasy Fan on Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phatman
Joined in 2008

by Phatman » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:50 pm

PSP on launch,
Ipod Touch,
£150 Jacket,

Etc. I often regret buying nearly everything I spend more than £50 on.

"Fire Fighters are like Ghostbusters, except they fight fire - not ghosts"
Lotus
Joined in 2008

by Lotus » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:50 pm

Never understood how people can be so flippant with money, or just waste money for the sake of it.

Like these people who buy stuff they clearly can't afford, but get it on credit and are still paying it off/owing money months after buying it. :fp:

abcd
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
AKA: abcd

by abcd » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:50 pm

I spend £350 on a steering wheel and pedals.....

As soon as it arrived, I wanted to send it back. However, after using it for just an hour, I couldn't care less about how much it cost.

I did feel guilty once about buying the Steel Battalion controller, and I sold that on after a week. I actually made a profit of £10 on it.

OnlyShallow
Joined in 2008

by OnlyShallow » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:50 pm

Is this why you want to buy super expensive petrol?

I thought I might have been a tad harsh on you in that thread, when I said a fool and their money are easily parted. I wasn't.

You are way past the foolish stage and wandering around moron territory.

Last edited by OnlyShallow on Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Many Lives -> 49 MP wrote:People like you OnlyShallow are terrible banana splits. I hate you forever.
Joined in 2008

by No:1 Final Fantasy Fan » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:51 pm

Barley wrote:

Slip up or did you think that was the phrase? My missus thought that pedestal was pedal stool until about the age of 24. Whatever a pedal stool is.

? i dunno I thought that was the phrase for doing something random.

Spindash
Joined in 2008

by Spindash » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:52 pm

No:1 Final Fantasy Fan wrote:
Barley wrote:

? i dunno I thought that was the phrase for doing something random.

Spur of the moment.

Beans
Joined in 2008

by Beans » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:53 pm

Lotus wrote:Never understood how people can be so flippant with money, or just waste money for the sake of it.

Like these people who buy stuff they clearly can't afford, but get it on credit and are still paying it off/owing money months after buying it. :fp:

Getting in debt for a load of gooseberry fool is completely pointless. If you can afford it though, why not be flippant. No point being the richest guy in the cemetary

Return to “Stuff”