Alpha's J-Adventure 2 - Final Update (P28) All Updates (P1)

Our best bits.
DrPepperMan
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Alpha's Japanadventure 2 - Starts Tomorrow!
by DrPepperMan » Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:40 pm

Alpha eX wrote:
Memento Mori wrote:What airline are you flying with?

British Airways

I flew BA when I went. Going there was brilliant, the plane we where on had this tv system that allowed you to watch what you want when you want. Tv shows, movies, radio the lot it was brilliant. The time pasted really fast due to that :D

As for the socket I really can't remember, but I can remember something about a laptop power socket or something. You might have to buy a BA plug adaptor or something.

The food was really good too, overall BA where quite good.

Memento Mori
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

by Memento Mori » Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:47 pm

DrPepperMan wrote:
Alpha eX wrote:

British Airways

I flew BA when I went. Going there was brilliant, the plane we where on had this tv system that allowed you to watch what you want when you want. Tv shows, movies, radio the lot it was brilliant. The time pasted really fast due to that :D

As for the socket I really can't remember, but I can remember something about a laptop power socket or something. You might have to buy a BA plug adaptor or something.

What class are you going in Alpha?

Alpha eX
Joined in 2008

by Alpha eX » Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:59 pm

Memento Mori wrote:
DrPepperMan wrote:
Alpha eX wrote:

British Airways

It'll just be the standard class, didn't pay any extra for an upgrade or anything. Aparently it's, World Traveller class.

Memento Mori
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

by Memento Mori » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:01 pm

Alpha eX wrote:
Memento Mori wrote:
DrPepperMan wrote:
Alpha eX wrote:

British Airways

It'll just be the standard class, didn't pay any extra for an upgrade or anything.

World traveller ? If you're sitting at the front it'll probably be alright. I just had a look at what films BA have on their planes right now. :shock: You're in for a treat. It's a far better selection than I got when I flew back in July.

DrPepperMan
Joined in 2008

by DrPepperMan » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:03 pm

Alpha eX wrote:
Memento Mori wrote:
DrPepperMan wrote:
Alpha eX wrote:

British Airways

It'll just be the standard class, didn't pay any extra for an upgrade or anything. Aparently it's, World Traveller class.

I was with standard class too. Enjoy the flight, I know I did. What time are you flying since if you fly over Siberia when the sunrises its beautiful. Well worth taking photos.

Alpha eX
Joined in 2008

by Alpha eX » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:07 pm

DrPepperMan wrote:I was with standard class too. Enjoy the flight, I know I did. What time are you flying since if you fly over Siberia when the sunrises its beautiful. Well worth taking photos.

I'll be flying from 2.35pm, I don't think i'll catch the sunrise :(

DrPepperMan
Joined in 2008

by DrPepperMan » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:10 pm

Alpha eX wrote:
DrPepperMan wrote:I was with standard class too. Enjoy the flight, I know I did. What time are you flying since if you fly over Siberia when the sunrises its beautiful. Well worth taking photos.

I flew from Heathrow at 1 ish, and we didn't take off till 2 due to delays. So you might catch it.

Alpha eX
Joined in 2008

by Alpha eX » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:25 pm

DrPepperMan wrote:
Alpha eX wrote:

I flew from Heathrow at 1 ish, and we didn't take off till 2 due to delays. So you might catch it.

Oh ok that's great then, i'll keep an eye out.

I've decided to get the window seat, I don't get up much and like looking out of the window. Now to choose what part of the plane to get the seat in...

EDIT: All checked in, seated between the back of the plane and the wing, window seat. Decided to get the window cause I like to look out and as someone said, easier to sleep.

The BA online check-in system is crap, there is no confirmation screen!

Shalashaska
Joined in 2008
AKA: Redbull_Ninja

by Shalashaska » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:42 am

Alpha eX wrote:
Shalashaska wrote:Maybe I will see you round. :)

You going to Tokyo as well? When are you going and to what part?

Already out here :D

In Koshigaya atm just in the burbs of Tokyo.

"There is no hunting like the hunting of a man. And those who've hunted armed men long enough, and like it, never really care for anything else thereafter."
Alpha eX
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Alpha's Japanadventure 2 - On my way
by Alpha eX » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:53 am

Day 0 - Leaving for the Airport

I'm going to do blog style posts from time to time seeing as i'll have internet access, i'll upload photos and will try to get some videos done. Anyone know if we can embed flash into posts, if so, i'll make an image slideshow thing on the plane.

Bags all packed, apart from the laptop. I'm very excited, i've not even had breakfast yet, should be leaving in about half an hour. Aiming to get the airport early, most of you know how unreliable the London Underground is...

Not sure if there is free wifi at Heathrow, if there is, you can expect another post, if not, thanks for all your input and suggestions to the thread and i'll post when I get set up in the hotel.

P.S. I forgot to make a sig for this thread so don't forget about it!

Roonmastor
Joined in 2008

by Roonmastor » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:15 am

You can embed Flash. I've seen TAP do it a few times.

Have fun and let us know how the meeting with your in-laws goes. :P

Corazon de Leon

by Corazon de Leon » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:31 am

I can't actually tell you how jealous I am of you Alpha!

shas'la
Joined in 2008

by shas'la » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:59 am

lol, "free" anything at heathrow, dont think so.

DrPepperMan
Joined in 2008

by DrPepperMan » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:17 pm

Alpha eX wrote:Day 0 - Leaving for the Airport

I'm going to do blog style posts from time to time seeing as i'll have internet access, i'll upload photos and will try to get some videos done. Anyone know if we can embed flash into posts, if so, i'll make an image slideshow thing on the plane.

Bags all packed, apart from the laptop. I'm very excited, i've not even had breakfast yet, should be leaving in about half an hour. Aiming to get the airport early, most of you know how unreliable the London Underground is...

Not sure if there is free wifi at Heathrow, if there is, you can expect another post, if not, thanks for all your input and suggestions to the thread and i'll post when I get set up in the hotel.

P.S. I forgot to make a sig for this thread so don't forget about it!

I travelled the whole of the Piccadilly line from cockfosters to heathrow when I went. Nearly 2 hours grrrr

Corazon de Leon

by Corazon de Leon » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:19 pm

Cockfosters :lol:

It's immature, but I saw that station on the way to King's Cross/St. Pancras after Iron Maiden and nearly fell down the stairs of the subway laughing at it.

Joer
Joined in 2008

by Joer » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:31 pm

Corazon wrote:Cockfosters :lol:

It's immature, but I saw that station on the way to King's Cross/St. Pancras after Iron Maiden and nearly fell down the stairs of the subway laughing at it.

:lol: Where was it that I randomly saw you again on the train?

shas'la
Joined in 2008

by shas'la » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:29 am

C'mon Alpha get with the updates!

St Nick
Joined in 2008

by St Nick » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:12 am

I'm glad I'm not the only person whose laughed at 'Cockfosters' on the underground. Really put me off where I was suppose to be going when I saw it. :lol:

Good luck Alpha! Bring me back a small Japan type person so that they can walk on my back when I have backache.

Oh Teh Nose is my Buddy Brother :wub:
Corazon de Leon

by Corazon de Leon » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:21 am

Joer wrote:
Corazon wrote:Cockfosters :lol:

:lol: Where was it that I randomly saw you again on the train?

Baker Street, I believe.

*Cue music*

Alpha eX
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Alpha's Japanadventure 2 - Touchdown and Checked in
by Alpha eX » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:47 pm

Day 1 - Arrival and Exploration

So I made it, in my hotel now, it's really nice actually, 5 minutes walk from Ueno station, awesome.

So getting to the airport was easy, Picadilly line from Finsbury Park all the way to Heathrow terminal 5. Plane was amazing all thanks to one super awesome forumite, chalkitdown. I spent the flight watching 6 episodes of Weeds, Get Smart (Steve Carrell fan) and played the new Castlevania game on the DS also recommended by chalkitdown! The food on the plane was surprisingly good, flight took about 10 and a half hours.

So if you read my previous posts, you'll know I was supposed to meet my gf's friend at the airport, something I didn't want or need to do. Well I got there, looked around the arrivals area and she wasn't there, gave her a call, she thought I landed at 1 and not 11, she just left. I told her not to bother coming but she insisted meeting at Ueno.

Got the express to Ueno, went really fast, watched more episodes of Weeds on the way, love that show! Got to Ueno, called again, she was going to the main exit, I was there, waited nearly 20 minutes, where was she? Called again, she was waiting at the main exit...for the JR line :fp:

A few minutes later she comes running up, was nice to see her actually, she's a cool girl, we made our way to the hotel and didn't even get lost, checked in and unpacked everything. Got there about 3 and hung about till 5 before I went to meet the gf.

We went to a really nice italian place for dinner, friend was there with us, totally killed the mood, she left after that so it was ok but gf had to go home quite early which sucked but not as much as the next bit... she can't meet tomorrow, i'm having a lone day!

She left around 8ish and I went exploring around Ueno, naturally, I went down the alleys with lots of glowing lights in search of rhythm games in the arcades. Just a few minutes from Ueno station I found an awesome alley way with tons of arcades. I played a bit of Drum Mania which is bloody hard, this is coming from a RB drums expert, the game is incredibly difficult even on the lowest difficutly!

Went around the arcades a bit more, Taiko no Tatsujin, Guitar Freaks (much harder than GH, seriously), Rambo and SF4 but then I saw something so awesome I just had to run up and ram my coins into it. Ju Beat! Think an arcade version of Ouendan by Konami, it's amazing.

Didn't spend too long in the arcade, got a bit lost on the way back but found some good local shops for late night snacks and cheap food.

So first day was nice, really good too see my gf again and it was nice seeing her friend again and just hanging out for a bit.

I've got a free day tomorrow and will be meeting her thursday night, need some suggestions for tomorrow.

Last edited by Alpha eX on Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Archive”