Alpha's J-Adventure 2 - Final Update (P28) All Updates (P1)

Our best bits.
Fatal Exception
Joined in 2008
AKA: Racist chinese lover

PostRe: Alpha's Japanadventure 2 - Touchdown and Checked in
by Fatal Exception » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:58 pm

Have a wank?

The above post, unless specifically stated to the contrary, should not be taken seriously. If the above post has offended you in any way, please fill in this form and return it to your nearest moderator.
St Nick
Joined in 2008

by St Nick » Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:01 pm

You went all the way to Japan to see your gf, and she left early on the night you got there, and can't even see you tomorrow? :|

At least you've got a full day, take lots of pictures pleeeease!

Oh Teh Nose is my Buddy Brother :wub:
Alpha eX
Joined in 2008

by Alpha eX » Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:03 pm

St Nick wrote:You went all the way to Japan to see your gf, and she left early on the night you got there, and can't even see you tomorrow? :|

Yeah, situation with the gf is bad, think we'll break up soon, i'm not even going to go into it now, see what happens thursday night. I should mention, she is really busy with uni, if she fails one module, she won't graduate and she has a ton of work due on thursday, 4 books to read, 2 reports and presentations to do. She's really busy, I can almost understand why the suicide rate in Japan is so high, the pressure they're put under is horrible.

Just sorting some pictures for upload now, couldn't get one of the sunset on the plane but it was beautiful.

Fatal Exception
Joined in 2008
AKA: Racist chinese lover

by Fatal Exception » Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:06 pm

Alpha eX wrote:
St Nick wrote:You went all the way to Japan to see your gf, and she left early on the night you got there, and can't even see you tomorrow? :|

Yeah, situation with the gf is bad, think we'll break up soon, i'm not even going to go into it now, see what happens thursday night.

Just sorting some pictures for upload now, couldn't get one of the sunset on the plane but it was beautiful.

If I (me of all people, I know) can give you one bit of advice it's to have an argument. Avoiding the issue is what killed my relationship with my ex.

The above post, unless specifically stated to the contrary, should not be taken seriously. If the above post has offended you in any way, please fill in this form and return it to your nearest moderator.
St Nick
Joined in 2008

by St Nick » Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:06 pm

Alpha eX wrote:

Yeah, situation with the gf is bad, think we'll break up soon, i'm not even going to go into it now, see what happens thursday night. I should mention, she is really busy with uni, if she fails one module, she won't graduate and she has a ton of work due on thursday, 4 books to read, 2 reports and presentations to do. She's really busy, I can almost understand why the suicide rate in Japan is so high, the pressure they're put under is horrible.

Ah, I see, well things can't really be that easy being almost the other side of the globe from each other.

Look forward to seeing them!

Oh Teh Nose is my Buddy Brother :wub:
Alpha eX
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Alpha's J-Adventure 2 - Ohayo Gozaimasu!
by Alpha eX » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:39 am

Day 2 - Rise and Not so Shiney

Just had my first night in Toyko, got a good nights sleep before being woken by my noisey DS alarm. Just checked out my window, the view isn't so great and it's not very sunny...

Hopefully the weather picks up today, going to have an explore around Ueno, going to try catch the free guided tour of Ueno at 1 before getting Akihabara out of the way.

Evening should be fun, can't meet my gf today so going to meet up with a friend of a friend, never met her before but she seems reallynice. We're due to meet at 9pm for dinner and drinks but she's given me a location to meet, gate B3 at a station I can't even pronounce, go going to get lost!

Just looking for places close by for breakfast, I want to find a Mister Donut, my gf gave me her points card, a few more points I can get a free gift, I want that free gift whatever it may be.

Expect a lot more photos in my next post.

Hero of Canton
Joined in 2008

by Hero of Canton » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:41 am

Alpha eX wrote:Ju Beat!

Hitler's favourite videogame.

DML wrote:F'NARR!
Yorkcityknight
Joined in 2008

by Yorkcityknight » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:45 am

Alpha eX wrote:my gf gave me her points card, a few more points I can get a free gift, I want that free gift whatever it may be.

Too right, she owes you! :D

Have a good day.

The People's ElboReformat
Joined in 2008
AKA: Goat, Zenigame

by The People's ElboReformat » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:46 am

Nice view. :wink:

The Eeveelution club! \o/
aayl1
Sir Aaron of GRcade
Joined in 2008

by aayl1 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:56 am

I want to go to Japan. :(

Rightey
Joined in 2008

by Rightey » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:19 am

Hero of Canton wrote:
Alpha eX wrote:Ju Beat!

Hitler's favourite videogame.

:lol:

Pelloki on ghosts wrote:Just start masturbating furiously. That'll make them go away.

Corazon de Leon

by Corazon de Leon » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:35 am

aaronayl1 wrote:I want to go to Japan. :(

Me too. Me and you trip? :mrgreen:

Rightey
Joined in 2008

by Rightey » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:38 am

Corazon wrote:
aaronayl1 wrote:I want to go to Japan. :(

Me too. Me and you trip? :mrgreen:

Can I come too?

Pelloki on ghosts wrote:Just start masturbating furiously. That'll make them go away.

Shalashaska
Joined in 2008
AKA: Redbull_Ninja

by Shalashaska » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:44 am

Hit Sensoji shrine in Asakusa if you wernt planning on it. Alternativly you could always come out to the dojo and throw down with some of the Ninjas and myself.

"There is no hunting like the hunting of a man. And those who've hunted armed men long enough, and like it, never really care for anything else thereafter."
Alpha eX
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Alpha's J-Adventure 2 - SUPER FUN PHOTO TIME!!!
by Alpha eX » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:47 am

Day 2 Part 1 - Asakusa

In my last post I mentioned I was looking for a Mister Donut for breakfast, nearest one I knew of was in Asakusa. I planned to go meet with a free tour group in Ueno Park at 1.30 so I had a good few hours to find my donuts and have a look around Asakusa. Set off and got on the metro, thankfully, the stop is literally out of the alley way from my hotel.

Arrived in Asakusa, still surprised how prompt the trains are, arrive bang on time, every time. The stations are always a maze, not quite as much as Ueno but I had no idea which exit Mister Donut was near and there was 4 to choose from, being safe, went for exit 1.

When I got out the station I was in some sort of shopping arcade, I had no idea where the donut shop was so just went with my 'when lost' tactic which is, when lost, go right. Luckily enough, it lead me out onto the main road where I knew the shop was. I found Mister Donut! Only 49 points away from a free prize, I will get a prize even if I have to buy 50 donuts.

After my awesome Mister Donut I had a few hours before I had to get to Ueno Park so I decided to have a look around Asakusa. There is a large temple and market there, the market is full of gifts and food perfect for presents, I didn't buy any today.

I first went down the market towards the temple, it's all the same sort of stuff on every stall but it's really busy, surprisingly, it's not full of tourists, there must have only been a handful of foreigners.

After the market I got to the temple where the I was approached by a man in a suit who offered to take my picture, with my camera. I thought this could go either one of two ways, he takes a crap picture or tries to run off with my camera. I let him take the picture, he didn't run off or take a bad picture BUT he handed me a piece of paper... "Happy Science", a religion, it's pretty much the Japanese branch of Scientology, I made my excuses and hurried off when another one turned up and they wanted to take me to the temple :lol:

After that I looked around the big temple for a bit, saw a one legged pigeon which me and some Japanese girls thought was really interesting, a giant nazi pot and a man with a really gay dog and then decided I should head back to Ueno.

Back on the metro to Ueno, saw a funny poster that I had to share, they should get some of these for London.

Arrived in Ueno and it was early, had over an hour till the tour started so decided to try find the place first, got out of the park exit and saw the place so just continued into Ameyoko which is again, a market but this is more shops in alleyways than stalls. Had a look round there trying to find a place for lunch, decided on a fast food style curry shop, was pretty cool, went in, got a ticket from the machine for my food, sat down, waiter popped up out of nowhere and took my ticket, spewing something in Japanese as she did, I couldn't understand and the look on my face told her that, she handed me a bit of card with English on it, how spicy do I want my food. Don't know why vegetable was above mild, I went for hot.

I was surprised how fast the food arrived, I’ve had similar stuff in London and it takes about 15 minutes to get to my table, the food was with me in less than a minute, it was quite scary how fast the lady popped up and got me my food. It was really nice too and only cost about £4, bargain. On my way out I saw a Mister Donut, it's about 10 mins from my hotel, that's breakfast everyday sorted, I think I’ll be getting enough points for the prize now :lol:

After lunch I went to Ueno Park to the meeting place but it wasn't the meeting place, it was just a building which I mistook for another, 15 minutes of searching the park I found the place, well I saw posters but no one around. I stood there for a while expecting someone else to pop up but nothing happened so I went in the cafe and BLAMO, out pops a granny!

Turns out she was the tour guide, waited around and some more people turned up, well, one other person, there was 3 on the group when we set off, two American women, both very nice and friendly. The tour began and we went round the park, I won't detail it but I saw lots of lanterns, shrines, a blue whale, giraffe, tramps, lots of tramps, small temples, a crow and pigeons attempting some odd sexual position.

Here are some of the most interesting pictures I took in the park, it was really nice, I'll be going back to see the zoo now having seen all the temples and other stuff there.

ImageImage

The tour was really nice and the guide was so friendly, she was a volunteer so the tour was free, people out here are so kind. Was feeling a bit tired after that so decided to wander back through Ameyoko and play some arcade games for a bit.

Found a great arcade with Street Fighter 4, played right through to the end boss when some bastard challenged me, 2 wins each then on the final round he got a lucky punch in, we was both on pretty much no health, one punch would have done either of us. After that I played Beat Mania which is INSANELY difficult, I played Pop 'n Music after that which is pretty much the same but looks more child friendly, it's not, it's demonic, 9 buttons of terror!

After that came back to the hotel to rest up a bit and change before I go out in the evening, meeting that girl later, don't know how it will go but should be fun, hopefully I can find her at the station, I’m going to get there earlier just in case I can't find the right place.

More photos, please have a look, let me know what you think.

Asakusa Photos

Ueno Park Photos

DO NOT QUOTE THE WHOLE POST

Last edited by Alpha eX on Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shas'la
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Alpha's J-Adventure 2 - SUPER FUN PHOTO TIME!!! (P6)
by shas'la » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:05 am

Good job alpha ill be keeping an eye on this thread througout the whole trip, want lots of photos of arcades, i think i know the one you went to in Ueno (near some train arches?)

Alpha eX
Joined in 2008

by Alpha eX » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:09 am

shas'la wrote:Good job alpha ill be keeping an eye on this thread througout the whole trip, want lots of photos of arcades, i think i know the one you went to in Ueno (near some train arches?)

Yeah it's one in that area, there are loads down that road, the new one I found has 2 of every thing and was really quiet. Had 4 Street Fighter cabnits and strange Pro Evo ones with PS controllers, also loads of others.

Danzig
Joined in 2008

by Danzig » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:13 pm

Nice pictures, sounds like you're having a great time.

Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

by Drumstick » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:24 pm

Great posts! I'm so glad you're having a good time - going to a foreign country on my own where I cannot understand the language would probably lead to me getting lost - and possibly dying. Japan and the like don't appeal to me at all but I love the photos. Keep them coming! :D

Hope things go well with the gf... you didn't sound too optimistic earlier. :(

Check out my YouTube channel!
One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image Image
Hulohot
Joined in 2008
AKA: dan_e1990

by Hulohot » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:58 pm

Fantastic photographs. :lol: Loving the bird ones. Looks beautiful there.

Return to “Archive”