Alpha's J-Adventure 2 - Final Update (P28) All Updates (P1)

Our best bits.
DrPepperMan
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Alpha's J-Adventure 2 - NEW VIDEO (P8)
by DrPepperMan » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:45 pm

Alpha eX wrote:
John Galt wrote:How late will you need to know if I want one of those Mame Shibas?

Mame means pea by the way, which makes sense.

Let me know before the 18th, i'm leaving on the 21st, i'll buy a few tomorrow incase they sell out. There are two types of them, one is a plain one without the character, just the pea in the pod, they're rubbish, I will get everyone the best one with the demon inside.

I'm taking requests for gashapon in the other thread linked in my sig, lots of nintendo gashapon here.

If you could bring me back one that would be great Alpha. £5 right? I can pay you asap anytime. They look awesome!

Alpha eX
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Alpha's J-Adventure 2 - SUPER POTATO VIDEO TOUR (P9)
by Alpha eX » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:02 pm

Day 3 - Akihabara

So today I went to Akihabara, explained about it in my video blog on the last page, here are some photos from around Akihabara, not much to take pictures of apart from the buildings and you're not really allowed to take pictures in shops.

First stop, Mister Donut for breakfast. Got a funny shaped donut today which was amazing, then got this dough ball thing, or so I thought it was just dough, it was filled with really thick strawberry cream, really nice, there are 3 flavors of that one, I will get the one I think is caramel tomorrow.

Hopped on the Hibya Line to Akihabara, saw some interesting posters in the metro, check them out.

Arrived in Akiba but got out of the wrong exit, had to walk around to the Electric Town exit to start the Alpha Akiba Route!

At the start of my route, you come out of the Electric Town exit and head left, there is a small game shop right there which usually has some good bargains, none today. After that there is a cool gashapon and figure shop called, Hobby Figure, it's just in the shopping arcade next to the little game store on the left. Hobby Figure is "totally strawberry float'n awesome deadly" :lol:

In Hobby Store I saw a brilliant Engrish sign, misleading, downstairs isn't as good or as deadly as I imagined, maybe it would have been if the figures were evil robots which tried to beat you up and the godzilla figures were real...

After that I went back out of the shopping arcade and continued to the main road, before that, there is one more shop worth checking out, Craftsman Kotobukiya. It's a nice shop, good displays, small but a lot of different types of things in there, nice Ghibli section.

After Craftsman Kotobukiya it's onto Chuo Dori, the main road with all the shops.

After a short walk, you'll come across a cool used game store, it's for retro stuff, like a mini Super Potato. There's always a SNES outside for passers to play, this guy was really good at SF2.

Shortly after that you'll see this store, the bottom floor is mostly robots and stuff, not so interesting but go up to the 5th floor and it's one of the best gashapon shops in Akiba, lots of stuff there but it's hit and miss what you'll find. Couldn't take no pictures in there, sorry guys.

After that shop you'll be at Suehirocho station. This is the point you want to cross the road, turn around and head back down to the JR station, there's not much past that point. It's also a really good starting and end point for the route, I prefer to start/end here because it's less busy and on the Ginza line, just a few stops from Ueno and my hotel. For a first visit to Akiba, go to the JR station though otherwise you'll miss out on Yodabashi Camera, you'll get lost but it's all part of the Akiba first time experience!

I was hungry and where better to go than Mos Burger! After crossing the road and walking back down, Mos Burger is almost opposite the last shop. It's quite cheap here, you can get a meal for £3. As I said in my video blog, it's like a Mc Donnalds done right and has Melon Soda, look how awesome it is!

After Mos Burger, a short walk and down an alley to the right you will see this shop, Gu! Store. It's probably the best gashapon store in Akiba, the whole bottom floor is capsule machines, second cosplay but they're fussy about cameras. Third floor is gashapon but not in capsule, open and in sets, best one in Akiba, check it out.

After that it was time to head to Super Potato, back onto the main road down towards the JR station again. As you walk down, when you're close to the Taito Arcade on the other side of the road, take a look down the alleys on the right for a store called Mandarake, brilliant store for used goods, you'll find some rare stuff in these shops and good prices, art books, games and on the top floors there is a good and well priced gashapon and figures section.

Next stop was Super Potato, no gamer can visit Akihabara without checking out Super Potato. It's a used game store for retro games, there is so much stuff in there it's impossible to show it all in pictures. Thousands of games, walls filled with carts, some very rare stuff, one game is £600!

I've done a video walkthrough of each of the 3 floors in Super Potato, walking might be slow but I wanted to show it all, such an amazing shop. Easiest way to find it is, find Club Sega on the main road, walk past and look down the alleys till you see Aso-Bit-City straight ahead down one, walk there and take a right, Super Potato will be on the right.

Super Potato, Floor 1

Super Potato, Floor 2

Super Potato, Floor 3

Right near Super Potato is Aso-Bit-City, read the post above on how to find both places. Outside ABC were some maids who were kind enough to allow me to take a photo, usually they will say no because they have to work. No pictures in ABC, again, didn't want photos in there but outside was the Mame Shiba stand.

The Green Demon (Mame Shiba) shop front display outside Aso-Bit-City in Akihabara. Watch it, it's quite haunting, you won't realise but my gf told me the stuff the character says is very weird and disturbing, such as, "don't you know, a squid has 3 hearts".

After that it's back to the JR Station to go home, I actually went back to Suehirocho to get on the Ginza Line which took me right back to my hotel.

I hope you enjoy this post and find it useful if you ever go to Akihabara!

Last edited by Alpha eX on Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Cardinal Chunder
Joined in 2008
AKA: CosmoKramer

by Cardinal Chunder » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:08 pm

I've got to go there now. I want to go to Mister Donut.

The whole place looks like a dreamland.

Lionsheart
Joined in 2008

by Lionsheart » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:17 pm

I hope you don't eat that kind of food in England :lol:. Anyway, thanks a lot for the pictures. I really want to visit that shop with the Ghibli stuff. I would have to buy a Totoro (how much are they?)

LewisD
#grcadesangle
Joined in 2008
AKA: L3wisD

by LewisD » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:36 pm

Whoa, it's weird seeing your Akibahara pictures and going:

"Wow, me and Aaron were stood right there!"

:)

I found an awesome Airsoft shop over there.. I spent ages just looking at all the nice guns :)

DrPepperMan
Joined in 2008

by DrPepperMan » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:37 pm

Alpha eX wrote:

Not much has changed since I took this photo then! :lol:

Fatal Exception
Joined in 2008
AKA: Racist chinese lover

by Fatal Exception » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:47 pm

:shock: My Amex would take quite a hammering in those shops! They are so amazing.

The above post, unless specifically stated to the contrary, should not be taken seriously. If the above post has offended you in any way, please fill in this form and return it to your nearest moderator.
Orbital
Joined in 2008

by Orbital » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:26 pm

man im in love with the green demon! the whole video and keyring were so great, i would appreciate it greatly if you could get me one :) it amuses me so much, its my kind of weird humor / thing.

and btw, you have made an excellent thread with really great pictures and videos, thanks, well done and dont stop!

Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Alpha's J-Adventure 2 - VIDEO BLOG GO! (P7)
by Drumstick » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:39 pm

Alpha eX wrote:Day 3 - Akihabara and the Green Demon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACH5fzi0mzE

Amazing.

"I got this... oh, it's an empty packet." :lol:

There was another one in there which was just as good but I've forgotten what it was. Great stuff, keep it up!

Edit - I just remembered what it was!

"I was expecting that bear to jump out and grab me..." :lol:

Check out my YouTube channel!
One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image Image
Alpha eX
Joined in 2008

by Alpha eX » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:17 am

Day 4 - Ohayo Gozaimasu!

Just woken up, went to sleep around 5, couldn't fall asleep easy so was up late on facebook and msn with friends, also doing that last epic post of Akihabara.

Today I was going to meet my gf at 10 but she's got some interview with Adidas so we will be meeting at Ueno around 1pm, that's actually much better for me, don't have to hurry and can get my Mister Donut while exploring Ameyoko.

Going to try take more video blog type stuff today of some typical things in Japan so check back later this afternoon for those.

I'm still in bed, feeling a bit worn out but aim to get to Mister Donut by 10, it's 9.15 now so I should get up and get a move on soon. Thanks for all your posts, it's nice to hear you're enjoying this thread and my photos/videos. I'll do another video blog post tonight and upload a few more videos and photos after that.

If any one knows how to use adobe premiere, please get in contact, would love to properly edit my videos, star swipe!

Anyway, wiping the sleep from my eyes ready to start a new adventure, a bit worried about meeting with the gf, things are leading to a break up, it's not nice but i'm pretty sure that's how it will pan out. Oh well, life goes on and I won't let anything stop me enjoying my time here, Japan is such a nice place, everyone is very friendly and it's nice to get lost in the culture and sights.

Replies

Herr Dark Wolf wrote:I hope you don't eat that kind of food in England :lol:. Anyway, thanks a lot for the pictures. I really want to visit that shop with the Ghibli stuff. I would have to buy a Totoro (how much are they?)

I don't eat so much burger shop food in London, I only rarely get it if i'm in a hurry, otherwise I would go to a nice Japanese place for a quick lunch.

DrPepperMan wrote:Not much has changed since I took this photo then! (Robot toy store) :lol:

It's changed since we've both been here, no longer is there the robot in front or the giant Gamera by the lift.

KazemI wrote:man im in love with the green demon! the whole video and keyring were so great, i would appreciate it greatly if you could get me one :) it amuses me so much, its my kind of weird humor / thing.

and btw, you have made an excellent thread with really great pictures and videos, thanks, well done and dont stop!

If you want a green demon it's £5 if you pay via cheque, by paypal, it's the same but you can add extra if you want to cover the paypal taxes, only about a pound or so, it's optional so I won't force you to do so.

Glad you're liking the thread, it's for all of you guys so it's nice to know you're enjoying reading it.

Roonmastor
Joined in 2008

by Roonmastor » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:39 am

I'm not too worried about Alpha and his woman. He'll have picked up another before he leaves, I'm sure of it.

Loving the pics and videos. Keep them coming as long as you have the time and energy.

Turok
Joined in 2008

by Turok » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:44 am

Are there many ronery people? Also, that retro shop looks incredible.

aayl1
Sir Aaron of GRcade
Joined in 2008

by aayl1 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:47 am

Jonathan Ross has put on some weight and gone into hiding, I see....

Alpha eX
Joined in 2008

by Alpha eX » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:44 am

Bought a bunch of stuff for Dark Dragon 64 today, here's what he got,

Super Mario Bros. Double Keychain Set
Mario Galaxy Bouncy Ball X 3 (star, red fire flower and red star mushroom)
Mario Galaxy Enemy Keychain Set (10 keychains)
Zelda Twilight Princess Item Keychain (Slingshot and Hawks Eye Mask)

If you want any of these, let me know and I can get them for you but won't be taking too many orders.

Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

by Qikz » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:36 am

aaronayl1 wrote:Image

Jonathan Ross has put on some weight and gone into hiding, I see....

That's what I was thinking. :lol:

Once again, amazing posts. Some of the places you've got photos of are amazing. I wish I was there right now to be honest. It's funny when you look at how vibrant Tokyo is, the amount of things there, the culture and the people are just so different to London. Is Tokyo quite safe? Or does it have high crime rates still?

That Super Potato shop is immense. :shock:

The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...
Shalashaska
Joined in 2008
AKA: Redbull_Ninja

by Shalashaska » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:09 am

I've yet to experience a "Yak-attack".

"There is no hunting like the hunting of a man. And those who've hunted armed men long enough, and like it, never really care for anything else thereafter."
St Nick
Joined in 2008

by St Nick » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:55 pm

Amazing stuff Alpha! Keep it up.

Utterly jealous.

EDIT: Just out of curiosity, how to you handle the language barrier? For example odering food and stuff?

Oh Teh Nose is my Buddy Brother :wub:
Alpha eX
Joined in 2008

by Alpha eX » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:31 pm

Just got back, so tired, going to do my video blog soon and have a really crazy video to upload! Went to Japan's biggest shopping center today, was really good, check back soon for the video!

Alpha eX
Joined in 2008

by Alpha eX » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:41 pm

Video blogs didn't work on youtube properly, it cut 3 mins off the end of the first and 4 off the end of the other. I'm really not in the mood to redo them or anything.

strawberry floating shitty youtube!!!

Anyone know good software to record from webcam?

Fatal Exception
Joined in 2008
AKA: Racist chinese lover

by Fatal Exception » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:44 pm

How do you access the internet? do you have access from your room?

The above post, unless specifically stated to the contrary, should not be taken seriously. If the above post has offended you in any way, please fill in this form and return it to your nearest moderator.

Return to “Archive”