Alpha's J-Adventure 2 - Final Update (P28) All Updates (P1)

Our best bits.
Alpha eX
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Alpha's J-Adventure 2 - Meeting the Father
by Alpha eX » Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:09 pm

Just woke up, today will be interesting, going to some place in Tokyo with a friend of Yuka's, never met her before but Yuka arranged for us to meet because she has university last night.

Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

by Drumstick » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:25 am

I'm still loving the updates Luke, keep 'em coming. Shame that your relationship seems to be going into meltdown though. :?

Check out my YouTube channel!
One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image Image
Jazzem
Joined in 2008

by Jazzem » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:44 am

Yeah you're doing a great job on these Luke, thanks for putting a lot of effort into them, they're entertaining to read!

Sorry to hear about your girlfriend, but as has been said, don't let it get you down, just enjoy the trip :)

Alpha eX
Joined in 2008

by Alpha eX » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:50 am

Not feeling very well this morning, didn't go out for breakfast so stayed in and had Jam Pan. I love these things, bought a few to keep at the hotel.

Anyway, got this email a while ago, doesn't sound too friendly...

my name is yasuko.nice to see u. at 14:00 i am doing to pick up u to the hotel. ok?

Yasuko is one of Yuka's friends, hopefully i'm feeling a bit better by the time she arrives. Not sure where we're going but somewhere around central Tokyo, maybe the gardens. I'm actually really nervous to meet her but i'm sure it'll be ok.

Today will be very interesting, would be hillarious if she turned out to be the girl from last night :lol:

Fatal Exception
Joined in 2008
AKA: Racist chinese lover

by Fatal Exception » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:49 am

Alpha eX wrote:Not feeling very well this morning, didn't go out for breakfast so stayed in and had Jam Pan. I love these things, bought a few to keep at the hotel.

Anyway, got this email a while ago, doesn't sound too friendly...

my name is yasuko.nice to see u. at 14:00 i am doing to pick up u to the hotel. ok?

Yasuko is one of Yuka's friends, hopefully i'm feeling a bit better by the time she arrives. Not sure where we're going but somewhere around central Tokyo, maybe the gardens. I'm actually really nervous to meet her but i'm sure it'll be ok.

Today will be very interesting, would be hillarious if she turned out to be the girl from last night :lol:

It sounds friendly enough. You have to remember English isn't her primary language. :lol: Girl from last night? I'm going to go back and read some more.

*edit* what girl? Fess up manslut!

The above post, unless specifically stated to the contrary, should not be taken seriously. If the above post has offended you in any way, please fill in this form and return it to your nearest moderator.
Denster
Joined in 2008

by Denster » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:00 am

This is great Alpha. I really want to go now!

Alpha eX
Joined in 2008

by Alpha eX » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:32 pm

Just got home, going to get pictures and write a post about today. It went really well, full report soon!

Fatal Exception wrote:Girl from last night? I'm going to go back and read some more.

Basically some girl on the train was a little flirty with me, lots of smiles ect, I didn't really go with it because I have a girlfriend, i'm going to regret that choice soon :fp:

tomvek
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by tomvek » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:01 pm

Good stuff Alpha, enjoying your posts :)

Memento Mori
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

by Memento Mori » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:12 pm

Alpha eX wrote:Just got home, going to get pictures and write a post about today. It went really well, full report soon!

Fatal Exception wrote:Girl from last night? I'm going to go back and read some more.

Basically some girl on the train was a little flirty with me, lots of smiles

I hope you used protection. ;)

Turok
Joined in 2008

by Turok » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:33 pm

Those snacks look revolting

Alpha eX
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Alpha's J-Adventure 2 - Tokyo Dome City
by Alpha eX » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:37 am

Day 7 - Tokyo Dome City

Woke up this morning feeling quite sick, wasn't feeling good enough to go out for Mister Donut so I stayed in and ate a Jam Pan. I really love Jam Pan so when I saw them in the shop, I stocked up! It's basically just like Cream Pan but with Strawberry Jam inside.

The plan for today was to meet Yuka's friend, Yaskuo. We hadn't met before and I new nothing about her. She said she will come to my hotel to pick me up at 2. Because I wasn't feeling so great, I waited at the hotel till then, hoping to feel better by the time she arrived.

It got to 2 o'clock and there was a loud knock on the door. I was very nervous at this point because I knew it wasn't the room service, it was obviously Yaskuo. I let her in and we spoke a bit, she was friendly but her english wasn't so great. One of the first things I noticed about her was her eyes, she had strange contacts in which made her eyes look very interesting.

As we walked from the hotel to the station, I was told we were going to Tokyo Dome City, a small amusement park near the Tokyo Dome. Yaskuo had got tickets for us so we could go on the rides. Getting there was quite funny, she kept taking us to the wrong stations, I think we went to three different ones before I suggested a better route.

When we arrived, we exited above the roads on a bridge leading to the Tokyo Dome City. The first thing I noticed was a huge roller coaster and the Tokyo Dome. The dome is a Baseball Stadium, home of the Tokyo Giants. We first walked around a bit and then made our way to the roller coaster, Thunder Dolphin.

The roller coaster was fun, after that we went another ride, basically one of those that lifts you high then drops you. I took my camera on this ride to get some pictures of the surrounding area. We later went to get something to eat, there was a few food shops around, one had a giant burger, bigger than a plate!

Yaskuo suggested I try Takoyaki, traslates to fried or baked octopus. I'm not a big seafood fan and the idea of eating a creamy octopus ball was quite off putting. Still, I'm only here for a while so I decided to try it. The Takoyaki is made in the shops, I couldn't get many pictures because it was busy.

The Takoyaki was strange but not too bad, it would have been much nicer if they were smaller. The inside was very creamy and not that nice, there were chunks of octopus tentacles in there too, not that bad!

After the Takoyaki it was quite dark, Yaskuo had to leave at 5.30 so she suggested we go to Shibuya for a drink. She took me to a place called The English Hub. The place we went to was like an english pub, it was happy hour so we got cocktails. Stayed there for a while and had a nice talk then she had to leave. At first I was nervous about meeting Yaskuo but as the day went on, I was no longer nervous and we both had a good time. Drinking together was a bit strange because we had arkward silent moments and stares.

When we arrived at Shibuya, I was amazed by all the lights and people, I don't think my pictures do it justice, was amazing! There are a lot of pictures in this next spoiler.

After she went, I decided to explore Shibuya. Shibuya is huge, I got a little lost but it was ok, I obviously stumbled into the nightlife town and there were lots of black guys trying to lure me into stripper clubs, very dodgy and they wouldn't take no for an answer sometimes, followed me a bit down the street. One Japanese guy tried to lure me into one of these club, he said "suripper, suripper?" I had no idea what he was saying, then it clicked, I said no and he whispered to me "sexu?", I actually laughed and walked off.

After exploring it was getting late, I was hungry again so I went to eat. Went to a kind of fast food place again, had somenice fried chicken dish with rice and miso soup. At friendly Korean guy sat next to me, thankfully, he spoke good english. He was here for a week for work training. It was nice speaking with him, very friendly.

After dinner I walked around a bit more and went back to the hotel, was tired after walking around all day. A lot more pictures in the spoiler. The last picture is from Tokyo Dome City.

Last edited by Alpha eX on Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
massimo
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Alpha's J-Adventure 2 - Meeting Yaskuo
by massimo » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:17 am

Awesome pictures.

Jazzem
Joined in 2008

by Jazzem » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:47 am

Japan looks like the most colourful place in the world!

I applaud your courage for going on that roller coaster, I'm not sure if I would have managed myself :shifty:

LewisD
#grcadesangle
Joined in 2008
AKA: L3wisD

by LewisD » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:44 am

Alpha eX wrote:Day 7 - Tokyo Dome CityYaskuo had to leave at 5.30 so she suggested we go to Shibuya for a drink. She took me to a place called The English Hub. The place we went to was like an english pub.

Me and Aaron were in there in April! :D
Awesome stuff :)

Alpha eX
Joined in 2008

by Alpha eX » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:09 am

LewisD wrote:Me and Aaron were in there in April! :D
Awesome stuff :)

Wow that's surprising! That area is a maze, didn't think we'd both end up in the same place, did you know about it before hand?
I just came home to get some more cash, nearly run out, need to start cashing in those travelers cheques.

Been walking all day, my legs need a bit of a rest, going to recharge and go back out in an hour or so. Expect a proper update later.

Shalashaska
Joined in 2008
AKA: Redbull_Ninja

by Shalashaska » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:06 pm

I was in the Kashiwa Hub last week :o , just wish it wernt so expensive :(

"There is no hunting like the hunting of a man. And those who've hunted armed men long enough, and like it, never really care for anything else thereafter."
Fatal Exception
Joined in 2008
AKA: Racist chinese lover

by Fatal Exception » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:16 pm

Can we have pics of Yaskuo? I promise not to fap.

It looks pretty cool. I find it odd your Mrs is sending her friends to look after you. Nice of her, but odd.

The above post, unless specifically stated to the contrary, should not be taken seriously. If the above post has offended you in any way, please fill in this form and return it to your nearest moderator.
Alpha eX
Joined in 2008

by Alpha eX » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:56 pm

Shalashaska wrote:I was in the Kashiwa Hub last week :o , just wish it wernt so expensive :(

Must be a popular place, I didn't think it was that expensive, actually quite cheap, mind you, we was there for happy hour. Do you live out in Japan or are you visiting?

Fatal Exception wrote:Can we have pics of Yaskuo? I promise not to fap.

It looks pretty cool. I find it odd your Mrs is sending her friends to look after you. Nice of her, but odd.

Haha, sorry dude, didn't actually take a picture of her, the only picture I really have is the one from the roller coaster. I thought it was a bit odd of my gf to send a friend i've never met out to meet me and spend the day with me, still, it was very nice of her.

Daily update in about half an hour, just finishing the photos.

Deception
Joined in 2008

by Deception » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:06 pm

Are you really splitting with the gf? or is this some in-joke I'm missing the point entirely of?

Alpha eX
Joined in 2008

by Alpha eX » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:22 pm

Deception wrote:Are you really splitting with the gf? or is this some in-joke I'm missing the point entirely of?

I really wish it was some sort of in-joke or even just a joke but sadly, it's not. I might be splitting up with my gf, I can't see how this relationship can continue. I'm holding out trying to think of how to do it but really I think i'm just biding time hoping things will go back to how they were in London, which it won't.

It's really upsetting and sucks that I had to come all the way out here to realise this. What makes it worse is the way she's treating me even after i've flown across the world to be with her.

Return to “Archive”