Alpha's J-Adventure 2 - Final Update (P28) All Updates (P1)

Our best bits.
JiggerJay
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Alpha's J-Adventure 2 - Single Again
by JiggerJay » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:24 pm

That is amazing alpha!

Skarjo wrote:You can buy all the fancy houses you want, we still remember you in a bath covered in ketchup for a free copy of CSI.

Instagram Twitter
Poncho
Joined in 2008

by Poncho » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:34 pm

How has it taken me this long to notice this thread!? Great stuff and lightened up my boring afternoon. :)

That pedo bear is absolutely amazing. Why can't places in England sell freaky gooseberry fool like that.

Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

by Drumstick » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:19 pm

bigcheez2k3 wrote:Still up, Drummy?

:lol:

I gave up around three. Couldn't keep my eyes open any longer. :(

Check out my YouTube channel!
One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image Image
JiggerJay
Joined in 2008

by JiggerJay » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:21 pm

Poncho wrote:How has it taken me this long to notice this thread!? Great stuff and lightened up my boring afternoon. :)

That pedo bear is absolutely amazing. Why can't places in England sell freaky gooseberry fool like that.

Which page is that on? me wants one!

Skarjo wrote:You can buy all the fancy houses you want, we still remember you in a bath covered in ketchup for a free copy of CSI.

Instagram Twitter
JiggerJay
Joined in 2008

by JiggerJay » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:23 pm

Alpha eX wrote:
JiggerJay wrote:Alpha since you two are no longer together I speak for Grcade.... PICTURES!!!!

Fair enough, I'll post some in an hour or two.

I was only joking.. but if you insist!

I never in 1,000 years expected you to say yes!

Instagram Twitter
Alpha eX
Joined in 2008

by Alpha eX » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:25 pm

JiggerJay wrote:
Alpha eX wrote:
JiggerJay wrote:Alpha since you two are no longer together I speak for Grcade.... PICTURES!!!!

Fair enough, I'll post some in an hour or two.

I was only joking.. but if you insist!

I never in 1,000 years expected you to say yes!

No pictures of Yuka but just resizing over 50 images from today, my next post will be really good, some amazing photos.

JiggerJay
Joined in 2008

by JiggerJay » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:28 pm

Looking forwards to it Alpha, Me and a mate are definetly going to Japan, probabily not till 2010 though, we even spoke about relocating there, but in all fairness i think it's claptrap! as, as of current we know nothing of the culture, nor know how we will survive!

Instagram Twitter
Alpha eX
Joined in 2008

by Alpha eX » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:53 pm

Took ages to select less than 100 photos from today, some really good photos, I narrowed it down to 88, batch processing, renaming and uploading. I'll do this before I go to bed and you all better look at them, seriously, autumn in yoyogi park is beautiful.

EDIT: Pictures uploaded, post in 5 mins!

Someone post after me so I don't appear to double post...

Jam-Master Jay
Joined in 2008
AKA: Lord Hypnos

by Jam-Master Jay » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:09 pm

8-)

Alpha eX
Joined in 2008

by Alpha eX » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:20 pm

Day 10 - Harajuku, Yoyogi and Confusion

What a day!

For those of you that didn't read, yesterday me and my gf broke up. On the way back from breaking up, we got a bit close, it was really strange, she was like she was in London, our feelings for each other the same.

Anyway, she couldn't meet today because she had university in the day then a meeting in the evening so I decided to make the most of the day rather than sit around being all emo about the breakup.

I woke up nice and early, looked out the window and it was a perfect day, clear blue skies and warm, much better than the cold, cloudy and rainy rubbish weather from yesterday.

Checked my emails in the morning and had one from yuka, friendly emails, we excahnged a few before I set off for Mister Donut! I left early today to make the most of the nice weather, my trip to MD was really nice, it was difficult to take photos because the sun was so bright.

I decided to start buying a drink to rack up the points, found out you can get a drink and donut for 300Y, nice! Today I got some honey flavored donut, it's one of the best donuts here, sweet, lightly crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, I wanted to get another it was that good. Got it with an orange juice because I didn't want to spend half an hour in the donut shop.

Because of the nice weather, I decided to go explore around Harajuku, there is a nice park there and some temple/shrine type place. Thought it would be best to check those both out while the sun was out. I hopped on the train and made my way to Harajuku.

Harajuku station is opposite one of the most famous shopping areas in Japan, Takeshita Street. It's a street full of shops for alterantives, goths, emos, cosplayer types ect, i'm sure you know the type. First I walked down Takeshita Street towards Omotesando.

When arriving at Omotesando, there's one place I really wanted to visit again, Kiddy Land. It's a really popular toy shop with lots of interesting gadgets and displays, I took two videos, one of each floor and a few of some of the displays, the Uki Uki Monkey one is hillarious, watch it.

There was a really strange monkey toy in Kiddy Land, I found it hillarious but maybe i'm just childish...

After Kiddy Land I was hungry so went to get something to eat, I was in a hurry so it was fast food for me. Right near Kiddy Land is an awesome fast food place called Lotteria, it's more like Mc Donnalds than Mos Burger, cheap but good food. The chips here are really nice, have a slight smokey bbq flavor to them.

Lotteria was awesome, really what I needed and didn't waste a lot of time waiting for or eating food. The next stop was Yoyogi, I was going to check out the Meiji Jingu which is a shrine in the middle of a nice forest area. From Kiddy Land, it's just a 10 minute walk to the main gates, just across the bridge.

When I got to the bridge, there were two street artists doing caligraphy, I was in a bit of a hurry so didn't stop for them and went straight on to the gates. From the gates, it's a 15 minute walk to actually get to Meiji Jingu.

I arrived and Meiji Jingu and there were lots of people here, such a nice shrine but it was difficult to get good photos, again, because of the sunlight. I also took a video walk around of the shrine.

On the way back from the shrine, I noticed there was another area around a pond to look at but you had to pay to walk around, I was told by an old Japanese man walking away from the enterance it was really pricey but it was 500 yen which is about £3. I thought I might as well and walked around there for half an hour.

There were a lot of professional photographers in this area, each with thousands of pounds worth of lenses, it was interesting to see so many professionals in one place. I wish I could see their photos, the place was nice but would have been a lot better if the iris plants were in season and not withered.

After that I went straight for Yoyogi park, just a short walk away from the enterance to where I was. As I was leaving there was a large crowd of toursists making a big fuss, trying to say 'cute' in Japanese and taking lots of photos of something. I got there and saw they was taking a picture of a kid in a kimono walking with her family, it was really rude of them just to start taking pictures, I didn't join in, I asked the parents if it was ok to take a picture, they thanked me for asking.

Yoyogi park is huge, such a nice place especially in Autumn, there were lots of people playing games or just relaxing. I really like Yoyogi park, it's got a cool and calm atomosphere, it seems like a place for the youth to come and hang out.

Lots of photos in the next spoiler, please take a look at them!

In the park, there were a lot of people playing music or practicing a skill that would be good for street performance. I met a few of these and took some videos. The Juggler, Yuki, was a cool guy, he spoke very good english and let me attempt to juggle, I could just about manage 2, he was showing off with 7!

I had to leave the park around 3.30 to go call Hisae, I was supposed to meet her and Kire after her interview. It was a shame I had to run off, I was enjoying the park. I got in contact with Hisae and arranged to meet her in Shibuya, before I left I went back to where that guy was doing street caligraphy, he offered to write my name.

Turned out really well, impressed with it, great souvinier to bring back. After that I hurried to the station and hopped on the train and met her at the Hatchi-ko statue, sadly, my camera ran out of battery here. Sadly, Kire couldn't make it today, we was going to go out drinking to help me forget about Yuka, he said we would go to an all day beer factory and can get 'very much drunk and waste' :lol:

Me and Hisae got a bite to eat, she really wanted Mos Burger so we went there, I guess today was a burger today, not complaining but i'll try eat less crap tomorrow. After eating we went to an arcade and played the new House of the Dead game, this one was strange, it was kinda like a co-op mini game compilation, sort of like point blank but aimed at couples. Fun game but nothing like HotD.

Hisae had to leave after that so I decided to just go back to my hotel, have a bit of a rest. I was enjoying just relaxing but then I got an email from Yuka, she was at Ueno station and wanted to meet... I was there in 10 minutes and we had a really nice evening which I won't detail, use your imagination.

Now our situation is a little confusing and I won't be going into so much detail about it from now on, we've broken up and won't be getting back together, we're just enjoying our time together from now on.

Today was a great day, it was really nice to be with Yuka again, she was just like she was in London. It'll make the breakup harder when I leave but at least our last days together will be happy memories to look back on in the future.

Last edited by Alpha eX on Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Alpha's J-Adventure 2 - Loads of new Pictures (P17)
by Drumstick » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:25 pm

Check out my YouTube channel!
One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image Image
Fatal Exception
Joined in 2008
AKA: Racist chinese lover

by Fatal Exception » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:32 pm

Looks like you had a cool day :D

The above post, unless specifically stated to the contrary, should not be taken seriously. If the above post has offended you in any way, please fill in this form and return it to your nearest moderator.
DrPepperMan
Joined in 2008

by DrPepperMan » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:33 pm

Alpha, looking at your photos of day 10 takes me back to when I was there. Strange I can remember the Harajuku station entrance and everything. I miss kiddieland :cry: Did you see the "comdom mania" shop just up the road from kiddyland? :lol:

Jam-Master Jay
Joined in 2008
AKA: Lord Hypnos

by Jam-Master Jay » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:37 pm

Great post today, Alpha!

Some really beautiful pics in today's update and a very interesting read. Definitely looks like you had a good day.

This thread really makes me want to go to Japan.

Fatal Exception
Joined in 2008
AKA: Racist chinese lover

by Fatal Exception » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:38 pm

Then go ;)

The above post, unless specifically stated to the contrary, should not be taken seriously. If the above post has offended you in any way, please fill in this form and return it to your nearest moderator.
The People's ElboReformat
Joined in 2008
AKA: Goat, Zenigame

by The People's ElboReformat » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:58 pm

Great pictures, Alpha, will watch the videos when I have more time.

The Eeveelution club! \o/
Turok
Joined in 2008

by Turok » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:09 pm

:lol: Takeshita street.

:shifty:

Alpha eX
Joined in 2008

by Alpha eX » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:13 pm

Going to some mountains today, sadly, not mt. Fuji but should be nice, not looked outside yet but it seems sunny...

HrC
Joined in 2008

by HrC » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:52 pm

Heh, Kiddyland looks well smart now.. when I was there it looked quite tacky, Meiji Jingu is cool, went there on New Years Day and it was heaving...

I remember going to the Wendys near Kiddyland. That was cool! I also remember Condom Mania... I think I have a pic of it somewhere but it will be back in the UK in my storage.

Looks like you are getting about a fair bit now.

Oh, dont know if it is needed or not, but the Tokyo JNTO office is awesome for finding tours or general information on things to do. They also offer a good hotel finding service if you fancy going to a ryokan for a night or two. http://www.jnto.go.jp/eng/arrange/essential/tic.html

Roonmastor
Joined in 2008

by Roonmastor » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:59 pm

Sounded like a brilliant day. And spent the evening with Yuka, eh?

Aw...yeah!

Return to “Archive”