Alpha's J-Adventure 2 - Final Update (P28) All Updates (P1)

Our best bits.
Alpha eX
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Alpha's J-Adventure 2 - Mystery Box (P20)
by Alpha eX » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:39 pm

HrC wrote:Did you not see "RPG" on the front cover of the box? Oh, have you had a giga pudding yet? Surely you should try and eat one yourself!

I saw RPG but I thought it'd be ok because the box art was so cheerful :lol:

The Pudding is a lie!!

It's not a giant pudding in a bucket as I once thought, it's actually packets of pudding mix, you have to make it yourself and I don't have the stuff to do that :(

Maybe if I go back to Yuka's we can make it there and have a familiy Giga Pudding party or if I go back to Hisae's, a drunken Giga Pudding disaster. :lol:

It's really expensive so I don't think i'll get it which is a shame, over £20 for pudding, very tempted though...

Fatal Exception
Joined in 2008
AKA: Racist chinese lover

by Fatal Exception » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:41 pm

You should try having sex with the pudding.

The above post, unless specifically stated to the contrary, should not be taken seriously. If the above post has offended you in any way, please fill in this form and return it to your nearest moderator.
HrC
Joined in 2008

by HrC » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:46 pm

Fatal Exception wrote:You should try having sex with the pudding.

Could be dangerous... Although might be funny reading an "English tourist gets stuck in Giga Pudding" article on Japan Times or on the BBC.

JiggerJay
Joined in 2008

by JiggerJay » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:47 pm

hmm, pudding mix, ex girlfriend, ex girlfriends sister, Sake.

Reciepe for sucess!

Skarjo wrote:You can buy all the fancy houses you want, we still remember you in a bath covered in ketchup for a free copy of CSI.

Instagram Twitter
Alpha eX
Joined in 2008

by Alpha eX » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:47 pm

HrC wrote:

Could be dangerous... Although might be funny reading an "English tourist gets stuck in Giga Pudding" article on Japan Times or on the BBC.

:lol: :lol: :fp:

Trying to plan what i'll do tomorrow, meeting Yuka in the evening. "Her Sister" is not a good suggestion.
Any suggestions?

JiggerJay wrote:hmm, pudding mix, ex girlfriend, ex girlfriends sister, Sake.

Reciepe for sucess!

Interesting, why am I thinking about this more than I should? :lol:

JiggerJay
Joined in 2008

by JiggerJay » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:51 pm

dude how much is "good" sake over there anyway?

Everytime i find it here it's like mega expensive, or crappy quality with a dragon on a bottle of vodka!

Skarjo wrote:You can buy all the fancy houses you want, we still remember you in a bath covered in ketchup for a free copy of CSI.

Instagram Twitter
Fatal Exception
Joined in 2008
AKA: Racist chinese lover

by Fatal Exception » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:52 pm

Alpha eX wrote:
HrC wrote:

:lol: :lol: :fp:

Trying to plan what i'll do tomorrow, meeting Yuka in the evening. "Her Sister" is not a good suggestion.
Any suggestions?

Her mother?

The above post, unless specifically stated to the contrary, should not be taken seriously. If the above post has offended you in any way, please fill in this form and return it to your nearest moderator.
Alpha eX
Joined in 2008

by Alpha eX » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:53 pm

JiggerJay wrote:dude how much is "good" sake over there anyway?

Everytime i find it here it's like mega expensive, or crappy quality with a dragon on a bottle of vodka!

I honestly don't know, the stuff me and Kire had was awesome but I can't even remember paying the bill at that place by the end of the evening. :lol:

I should try meet up with him again before we meet, good drinking partner. He could also be a translator for me!

EDIT: FE, last post, genuine lol :lol:

Roonmastor
Joined in 2008

by Roonmastor » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:20 pm

Hisae>Yuka

Do the Giga Pudding with Hisae and Kire. Get them to bring sexy, single J-friend for you. Although it will end up being your ex.

Alpha eX
Joined in 2008

by Alpha eX » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:28 pm

Day 11 is typed up, just need to sort pictures out.

Do you want all these daily updates at once or me to space them out? I don't want them to go unnoticed.

Yorkcityknight
Joined in 2008

by Yorkcityknight » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:16 pm

Alpha eX wrote:Day 11 is typed up, just need to sort pictures out.

Do you want all these daily updates at once or me to space them out? I don't want them to go unnoticed.

Give us the full works AE.
We can handle it!! :D

JiggerJay
Joined in 2008

by JiggerJay » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:17 pm

Stop teasing us.

Instagram Twitter
Alpha eX
Joined in 2008

by Alpha eX » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:36 am

Need 4 more posts to push this thread to the next page.
Anyone still awake, Day 11 post coming soon, converting pictures now.

aayl1
Sir Aaron of GRcade
Joined in 2008

by aayl1 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:38 am

Japan, lol

aayl1
Sir Aaron of GRcade
Joined in 2008

by aayl1 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:38 am

I concur

Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

by Drumstick » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:39 am

I don't think people will miss it somehow if you were to put it on this page, we love the updates too much!

Also, note to JiggerJay: please stop spamming the strawberry float out of this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by Drumstick on Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my YouTube channel!
One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image Image
Cardinal Chunder
Joined in 2008
AKA: CosmoKramer

by Cardinal Chunder » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:39 am

Looking forward to the update.

Roonmastor
Joined in 2008

by Roonmastor » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:39 am

This posted wasn't needed but I wanted a +1

aayl1
Sir Aaron of GRcade
Joined in 2008

by aayl1 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:43 am

Kerching.

Alpha eX
Joined in 2008

by Alpha eX » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:52 am

Day 11 - Mount Takao

Woke up really early today in order to meet Yuka, we was due to meet at the station and go out of Tokyo to some mountains and shrine. I didn't know much about it but it sounded nice, not so touristy.

The weather was pretty bad today, clouds and what looked like a tiny bit of rain, decided to bring the big warm jacket and set off to get breakfast to meet Yuka with. Of course, every day starts with Mister Donut, before I met Yuka I went and got 4 donuts for the train/breakfast, got 15 points for that lot!

The train ride was quite long, over an hour with a few changes. I'm glad Yuka was there or I would have got lost and got the wrong ticket. We got a ticket that took us from the station to the station at the mountain, the ticket price included two trips to go up and down the mountain by either track or skyline.

The train towards the mountain was really nice, it was overland so looking at the window I saw the size of the buildings change to small blocks and houses and then as we got closer, trees and forests and mountains in the distance.

When we arrived at the station there was quite a lot of people there, aparently the place is really busy for Japanese to visit. The weather had really picked up and I regreted bringing my big jacket, had to carry that around from this point.

We had to take a cable car to get up into the mountain, it was a 5 minute walk from the station. On the way was a lot of traditional food stores where they made the food there and also, gift shops. Yuka was pointing out all the traditional foods and suggested I try some sort of rice snack.

It was really good, not sure what the coating was but the snack itself was like lots of rice all mushed together and formed into shape. Kinda like marshmellow but really sticky and not as soft. The coating had a strange taste. I ate this on the way to the cable car station, was just a short walk from there.

We took the cable car upto the mountain. The queue was quite long but only took 10 minutes. The cable car was weird, it was not flat, it was horizontal, if I didn't hold on, I think I would have fallen to the back of the cart!

The ride was quick and when we got to the top, we started walking further up the mountain. Close to the station was a nice observation point where you could see far into the distance, thankfully, it was a nice day so we could see far.

Near the observation point there was a few food shops and stalls. I tried some sweet caramel potatoes, really nice! A bit crunchy but still good.

When we got near where we were going, there was a few statues and more stalls. We were heading towards the shrine so we could see the ceromony of the monks praying, it happens only 3 times a day. We got there just in time and was lucky enough to see it start, I took a video of what I could, no recording inside the shrine.

After that we looked around for a while, read our fortunes. This area was really busy and it was nice to look around, here are a few photos from the shrine area. Lots of pictures in the next spoiler.

For lunch, we got some really nice Soba noodles in one of the food places. There were lots of signatures on the wall including a signed drawing by Paul McCartney! After lunch we headed back down, both got a really nice ice cream.

We were walking back down towards the skyrail cart, don't know what it's called, just like a ski lift. It wasn't much further to get to the ski lift, nice path to walk down along the way.

I'd never been on a ski lift before so I was really nervous, it's basically a chair on a cable, no safety things, just a net to catch you if you fall below. The ride was fine, just had to sit still. The view on the way down was really nice, the ride lasted about 15 minutes. Near the bottom, there was a guy on a rock taking pictures of everyone passing for the gift shop at the bottom, I bought our photo.

When we got back to the bottom of the mountain, we looked around some of the shops, in one of the sweet shops I saw an Obama dancing figure along side a McCain one :lol:

It was a short walk back to the station, we decided to walk through the little town rather than follow the path, was nice, shame we didn't have more time to explore the area.

We didn't stay out long today, Yuka had to be back to do some things in the evening at home. I was really tired so went home for a bit of a rest before popping out for a Chicken Katsu Curry for dinner.

Today was a really nice day, if you get a chance and have lots of days free while in Tokyo, spend half of it at Mt. Takao, it was only 1500 yen for the ticket to get there and use the cable car and sky rail to get upto the mountain.

Last edited by Alpha eX on Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Archive”