Alpha's J-Adventure 2 - Final Update (P28) All Updates (P1)

Our best bits.
Rightey
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Alpha's J-Adventure 2 - Mount Takao (P24)
by Rightey » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:58 am

Wow, I've never actually heard of a ski lift with a net on the bottom, all those ones I've ever been on are just "well if you're dumb enough to fall off then you deserve it".

Pelloki on ghosts wrote:Just start masturbating furiously. That'll make them go away.

Hulohot
Joined in 2008
AKA: dan_e1990

by Hulohot » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:01 am

Pretty pictures. :D Love that huge shrine picture. Do you know how old that shrine is?

rogwilco
Joined in 2008

by rogwilco » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:52 am

Looks like you had a good day. Some great pictures there. Love all the different colours of the leaves.

However I'll say what everyone is thinking "Let's see a picture of Yuka dammit!" :lol:

Nova
Joined in 2008

by Nova » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:34 am

Cracking stuff Luke, looks great!

Alpha eX
Joined in 2008

by Alpha eX » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:42 am

rogwilco wrote:Looks like you had a good day. Some great pictures there. Love all the different colours of the leaves.

However I'll say what everyone is thinking "Let's see a picture of Yuka dammit!" :lol:

She's in 3 or 4 of those pictures, that kinda counts.

Should be going out tonight with that girl I met at the start of my trip, she invited me out for a drink, just waiting for her to finish work and get in contact.

While I wait, i'm typing up the day 12 report.

EDIT: Typing done, sorting pictures...

shas'la
Joined in 2008

by shas'la » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:00 pm

Cant see her?

JiggerJay
Joined in 2008

by JiggerJay » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:01 pm

rogwilco wrote:Looks like you had a good day. Some great pictures there. Love all the different colours of the leaves.

He said he would when I asked a few pages ago! Alpha lied to us!

Great update dude, some great pictures as well.

Skarjo wrote:You can buy all the fancy houses you want, we still remember you in a bath covered in ketchup for a free copy of CSI.

Instagram Twitter
Alpha eX
Joined in 2008

by Alpha eX » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:01 pm

shas'la wrote:Cant see her?

3rd Spoiler box, 2nd and 3rd photos.

Fatal Exception
Joined in 2008
AKA: Racist chinese lover

by Fatal Exception » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:02 pm

shas'la wrote:Cant see her?

Look for the girl in the background who is in more than one picture. I think I've spotted her.

The above post, unless specifically stated to the contrary, should not be taken seriously. If the above post has offended you in any way, please fill in this form and return it to your nearest moderator.
shas'la
Joined in 2008

by shas'la » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:03 pm

ha, you mean "here is a picture of her back and backpack".

Alpha eX
Joined in 2008

by Alpha eX » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:04 pm

shas'la wrote:ha, you mean "here is a picture of her back and backpack".

Multiple pictures of her and her backpack :lol:

JiggerJay
Joined in 2008

by JiggerJay » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:08 pm

Rawr.... :fp:

Skarjo wrote:You can buy all the fancy houses you want, we still remember you in a bath covered in ketchup for a free copy of CSI.

Instagram Twitter
Alpha eX
Joined in 2008

by Alpha eX » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:35 pm

Octoroc
Emeritus
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Octoroc » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:40 pm

:shock: Is that shopped?

So far this year, I have eaten NO mince pies.
Alpha eX
Joined in 2008

by Alpha eX » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:45 pm

Octoroc wrote::shock: Is that shopped?

Only the obvious, the kid was like that for from when I got on the train and when I left, some american tourists were posing with him for photographs :lol:

Alpha eX
Joined in 2008

by Alpha eX » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:51 pm

moved to next page, roonmaster is wrong below, that's not Yuka.

Last edited by Alpha eX on Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roonmastor
Joined in 2008

by Roonmastor » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:52 pm

Found Yuka!

Alpha eX
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Alpha's J-Adventure 2 - Ikebukuro (P24)
by Alpha eX » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:55 pm

Day 12 - Ikebukuro

Today was a really good day, I woke up rather late, I intended to get up at 7, out by 8 and have most of the morning before meeting Yuka in the afternoon. I woke up at 9 and left closer to 12...

As usual, breakfast at Mister Donut, I was only 16 points away from a prize and was rather hungry so....

Epic breakfast/lunchtime combo, 3 donuts and an orange juice, netting me a cool 18 points leaving me with 156, I miscalculated, could have got 150 without buying two more donuts but oh well. I decided to sit upstairs today, don't know why but glad I did. I sat down and started to eat when a guy next to me asked if I spoke english.

We had a long chat, he's a really nice guy, his name is Takashi. He just moved back to Japan after 9 years in the states. After chatting I had a few hours before having to meet Yuka so we went around Ameyoko together. After we walked around Ameyoko he suggested we visit the park, there was a market on only for today (weekly event) and a live band was playing in the music performance hall.

Nice way to burn time before meeting Yuka. After we said our goodbyes I had to hurry to go meet Yuka. We didn't really plan anything in advance for today so when we met, she suggested we go to Ikebukuro, Sunshine City and Namjaland. We left straight away for Ikebukuro and when we got there, it was getting dark.

We first went to Sunshine City, huge shopping complex in Ikebukro. All of these shopping areas are far too big, it's like underground labyrinths, very strange.

After walking through Sunshine City we got to Namjaland, an indoor amuseument area made by Namco. I didn't take so many pictures in there but it's mostly a place to walk around, there are rides and attractions but the price was high, standard entry is just 300 yen so we got that, a ride pass is over 2000...

As we got in, a show was starting, it was very very scary, over excited japanese girls shouting random things, kids clapping along and then the lights dimmed and two GIANT dancing cats came out, dancing to j-pop tunes badly sung by the two presenter girls.

From there, we went to the food court, the whole place on the first floor is for dumplings, lots of different places all doing slight variations of the same dish. We both got dumplings, from different places and I got a really nice lemon and lime soda drink, freshly made, was very nice, so were the dumplings.

After that, we walked around the spooky area, wasn't that scary, a lot of kids were running round with these laser gun type things, I think that you can get one from the ride and catch ghosts scattered around Namjaland. From spooky area we went to the next floor, arriving in an amuseuments area. I tried a crane game and won 4 lilo & stitch plushie keychains, of course, gave two to Yuka, she was happy about that.

Just outside the arcadey area was something so awesome... Ice Cream City!!!!

There was so much ice cream here it was insane, there was even an ice cream museum, full of different flavor Ice Creams, some were insane, sounded so bad, have a look...

I setteled for a really nice soft soda flavor ice cream, it was really good.

After that, we went to the desert area in search of cake! It was a 5 minute walk from the Ice Cream place to the Desert/Cake place.

We both got cake, I got some french chocolate thing which was amazing and she got a cheese cake which was equally as amazing. Great cakes, all freshly made too, watched someone make a cake from start to window display.

After the food, we walked around the area a bit more then headed back to the station before going home. Was a good day, Namjaland was nice but it made me feel a bit uneasy, narrow corridors, low lighting and low ceilings, it was like being underground.

Last edited by Alpha eX on Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roonmastor
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Alpha's J-Adventure 2 - Ikebukuro (P24)
by Roonmastor » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:59 pm

Alpha eX wrote:We both got dumplings, from different places

Thats what happens when you break up.

Alpha eX wrote:I tried a crane game and won 4 lilo & stitch plushie keychains, of course, gave two to Yuka, she was happy about that.

Break Alpha's heart, get two key chains.

shas'la
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Alpha's J-Adventure 2 - Ikebukuro (P25)
by shas'la » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:01 pm

that cake place looks amazing, ill need directions to that netx time im out there.

Return to “Archive”