Alpha's J-Adventure 2 - Final Update (P28) All Updates (P1)

Our best bits.
Fatal Exception
Joined in 2008
AKA: Racist chinese lover

PostRe: Alpha's J-Adventure 2 - Ikebukuro (P25)
by Fatal Exception » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:10 pm

Looks like an awesome place! :D

The above post, unless specifically stated to the contrary, should not be taken seriously. If the above post has offended you in any way, please fill in this form and return it to your nearest moderator.
Cardinal Chunder
Joined in 2008
AKA: CosmoKramer

by Cardinal Chunder » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:11 pm

Those cakes don't look real. If I went to Tesco and wanted a fresh cake it'd look all squished.

JiggerJay
Joined in 2008

by JiggerJay » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:20 pm

Jesus strawberry floating christ Alpha... eat an apple! your blood sugar must be through the roof!

I must admit I have to go to the ice cream place when we go to Japan!

Skarjo wrote:You can buy all the fancy houses you want, we still remember you in a bath covered in ketchup for a free copy of CSI.

Instagram Twitter
Alpha eX
Joined in 2008

by Alpha eX » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:23 pm

JiggerJay wrote:Jesus strawberry floating christ Alpha... eat an apple! your blood sugar must be through the roof!

I must admit I have to go to the ice cream place when we go to Japan!

I'm going to come back with Diabetes aren't I? :fp:

Just finishing up the Day 13 update, it's kinda crap though.

Alpha eX
Joined in 2008

by Alpha eX » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:40 pm

Day 13 - Back to Aeon Lake Town

Today was in interresting day, met with Yuka and we went back to Aeon Lake Town, the giant shopping mall.

We went there around midday, we went early to catch a film. We decided to watch Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea, the new Studio Ghibli animation. The cinemas here are different, small but really good changes to what we're used to here.

The first change was in the lobby, there was a gift store selling limited movie merchandice for the films that were showing. The second change in the lobby I noticed was the food and drinks were given on strange trays, I didn't realise what they were until we got to our seats, the trays clipped onto the chairs where the drink holder is!

Also, each seat had a hanger on the back of it so you could hang your coat and bag without having to put it on the floor, which to my surprise, wasn't sticky from spilt coke or sweets! Waiting for the film I noticed a family come in with a large blue cushion, it was for their kid, a booster type seat, simple but good idea.

The film was really good, I could understand some of it but it was all in Japanese and no subtitles. I still really enjoyed it despite not understanding a lot of the dialog. At the end of the film, the kids in the audience were singing along to the theme tune, it was really cute.

Really enjoyed the cinema. After that, Yuka was checking her phone, her sister was coming to meet us. I was really nervous to meet her, from what I had heard, she was a massive otaku tomboy. When Yuka said she was here, coming towards us, I was looking for a typical geeky girl but damn, her sister was really good looking! Her fashion style is gothic lollita but today she was casual. She looks ALOT like Yuka but was taller because of the massive heels she was wearing.

We spent the day looking around shops and then later, me and the sister went to the arcade and played a few games. Yuka and her sister first played Time Crisis, to my surprise, they both got quite far with just one credit!

We then went to the food court to get dinner, I got Chicken Katsu Curry, love that stuff and Yuka and her sister got Takoyaki between them, Yuka got a pasta dish and her sister got some chinese dish. For desert, we went to an awesome Crepe shop.

After that, we walked around a bit more and then went to another arcade, Yuka and her sister wanted to do Purikura, for those that don't know, it's basically a very japanese photobooth, after you take the photo, you can draw all over them with pens or stamps, basically your photos turn up in some sort of touch screen photoshot, I can see why it's so popular.

After that Yuka's sister pointed out a mister donut, we went and I exchanged my points, finally got the mug!!

We then went our seperate ways, it was a really nice day, I enjoyed talking with Yuka's sister, we have a lot in common and she is actually really interesting. Hopefully we can meet again but with only 2 days, it's not likely. On the way back to my hotel, took a few photos practicing night shots, what do you think of this one?

Sorry for the crappy update, not many photos were taken today and most of the ones that were, I don't want to upload.

Last edited by Alpha eX on Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nova
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Alpha's J-Adventure 2 - Ikebukuro & Aeon Lake Town (P25)
by Nova » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:53 pm

I should be working, but I keep flicking to this! Damn it!

Fatal Exception
Joined in 2008

by Fatal Exception » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:55 pm

Gothic lolita

.... :D :shifty:

The above post, unless specifically stated to the contrary, should not be taken seriously. If the above post has offended you in any way, please fill in this form and return it to your nearest moderator.
Alpha eX
Joined in 2008

by Alpha eX » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:59 pm

Nova wrote:I should be working, but I keep flicking to this! Damn it!

I'll be doing two more updates today, next one within the hour.

Fatal Exception
Joined in 2008

by Fatal Exception » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:01 pm

Alpha eX wrote:
Nova wrote:I should be working, but I keep flicking to this! Damn it!

I'll be doing two more updates today, next one within the hour.

I have to say bravo. As far as backs go both Yuka and her sister look smoking. Looking at the way they are holding those guns, I'd say Yuka would give the better handjob. The sister looks like she might get a tad violent with it.

Have I crossed the line yet?

Roonmastor
Joined in 2008

by Roonmastor » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:25 pm

Fatal Exception wrote:I have to say bravo. As far as backs go both Yuka and her sister look smoking. Looking at the way they are holding those guns, I'd say Yuka would give the better handjob. The sister looks like she might get a tad violent with it.

Have I crossed the line yet?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Alpha is teasing us with these back shots. Give us full frontal (oo er) dammit!

Kinetic
Joined in 2008
AKA: Abraham, Son of Man

by Kinetic » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:15 pm

All those doughnuts for breakfast cannot be good for your health.

Hulohot
Joined in 2008
AKA: dan_e1990

by Hulohot » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:29 pm

Wow those places look so dreamy. Do you only have 2 days left? :(

Alpha eX
Joined in 2008

by Alpha eX » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:45 pm

Hulohot wrote:Wow those places look so dreamy. Do you only have 2 days left? :(

Yeah, tomorrow and thursday, leave on the Friday. Next time I come back i'm staying for a month or two, it's so peaceful out here, really enjoying it.

For those waiting, just selecting photos for day 14's update, going to be an EPIC post, over 80 pictures, some really nice photos, was a beautiful day, visited two cities, one had a nice park.

EDIT: 91 photos incoming, someone post so I don't double post... One more update then i'm back upto date.

shas'la
Joined in 2008

by shas'la » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:59 pm

Alpha eX
Joined in 2008

by Alpha eX » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:38 pm

Day 14 - Kappabashi, Ginza and Roppongi

Today was a busy day, woke up a bit late but managed to get to Mc Donnalds in time (before 11) to use my free Coffee voucher. I got a Cinnamon Melt to combine it with the Coffee for an awesome sugar packed breakfast. I took that back to the hotel to plan my day.

I wasn't meeting Yuka today so she suggested I visit Kappabashi today, Kitchen Town, it's very close to my hotel, just a short walk away from Ueno. I had no idea what to expect and it was close so I went. Everyday, I turn right and walk towards Ueno, today, I turned Left and went torwards Asakusa. Shame I didn't do it earlier, lots of cool shops and places to eat.

My first stop of the day was Book Off, a book, dvd and game store. I was looking around the GBA games and found a bargain, Tomato Adventure (made by Alpha Dream, who made Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga) for only 500 yen which is about £3! Bought that and then later realised I'd brought a Japanese RPG, oh well, box art is awesome.

When I arrived at Kappabashi, I saw a giant chef head and lots of shops with kitchen supplies in the distance. Wondering why Yuka suggested I go here, I walked down a bit. It was actually really interesting, the shops sold all sorts of things, Popcorn Machines, Ice Cream machines, old vintage stuff for diner type places and somethign very popular here in Japan, wax food for shop displays! The duck picture is like the mascot of Kappabashi, his name is Kappa.

Spent about 30 an hour looking there, it was a nice start to the day and didn't take up to much time, I decided to continue down torwards the nearest station and then I saw it, Freshness Burger! Aaron and Lewis had suggested this place to me from when they were here, it's a homemade burger shop. It was nearly lunch time and I was hungry, got myself a Salsa burger, it was strawberry floating awesome!

Lunch was good, after that, I went to the station and headed towards Ginza, about 15 minutes on the subway. When I got there, the station was like a maze, so many exits. I think I chose the best one, the area I walked out into reminded me ALOT of Oxford Street, the buildings, roads and shops were similar.

I was low on cash so had to go change some money from TC to yen, the exchange rate was gooseberry fool, 142.38, but I really needed money, at that point, I had just 300 yen... The banks in Japan are very nice, no long queues and the staff don't look like they want to or have already died. Got £250 worth of yen and went to enjoy the rest of my day.

I walked down towards Hibya park, on the way there is the Sony Showroom Building. This is full of all the latest Sony Gadgets so I went there to have a look. It was a nice walk towards there with a nice fountain rest place on the way.

I didn't spend to much in the Sony building, saw some neat gadgets, nothing light years ahead, an MP3 player that rolls about and loads of really nice but expensive cameras. The camera room was good, there was displays set up for you to test each camera, I tested my camera vs the sony one and felt sick, the shots on the Sony one were amazing! Mine, not so :(

After the Sony Building it was a short walk to Hibya park, one of the bigger parks in Ginza. Took some photos along the way.

The weather was really nice so had a nice stroll around the park. At one point was taking a macro shot of a spider and nearly fell into the strawberry floating web, don't worry, I've not uploaded a second spider picture. Lots of photos of this park, about 30 in the spoiler!

Really liked the park, it was nice and relaxing, the sleeping homeless people were funny and I even saw a wedding couple, the park must be popular for weddings. After the park I went to the nearest station to hop on a train to Roppongi.

When I arrived in Roppongi, I didn't know what to expect, I heard it was a popular nightlife town for tourists so I expected a load of black men trying to get me into clubs like in Shinjuku, didn't enjoy that, it was creepy. Thankfully, there were no clubs on my route, I walked down towards the National Art Center, Tokyo.

On the way, I stopped off at a convienence store to get a snack, got an awesome Mapel Syrup sandwhich, these things are awesome.

I also played Jubeat in the arcade for a bit, got a massive blood blsiter on my finger now though but managed to get my first S rating on an expert song, worth it! After a bit more walking, finally got to the art center, there was a Picasso exhibition on but it was pricey so didn't bother. The building looked really modern and inside was pretty cool, I could only really go to the cafe's and gift shop, had a nose in some of the gallerys and it looked a bit rubbish compared to the rest of the building.

From the gallery I went back to the main road and walked around the Midtown building, the route I was following was part of the Roppongi Art Triangle, leads you from Art Museum to art museum on an visually impressive path. Leading around the Midtown Building was a small park/path lit with fariy lights in the trees.

Behind the Midtown Building was an amazing light display, a large section of grass was covered in a sheet of lights, they lit up to show stars and a galaxy, it was all in motion too, very impressive, I would have taken a video but it would have came out rubbish.

I walked back round to the from of the Midtown Building, more ligt displays and I even found the Konami buidling, surprised there wasn't a large Solid Snake statue outside but instead some sort of water feature. I was walking towards Roppongi Hills Shopping Center, another shopping mall around and in a huge building.

The size of the shopping centers here makes me feel uneasy, they keep trying to out do each other, Roppongi Hills is massive and seemed easy to get lost in, I stayed out of the main shopping area and just walked around the building, could see Tokyo Tower lit up in the distance. The building was really nice, some small gardens around it all lit up with fairy lights.

When I was leaving, I passed a TV station building, was pretty cool if you know the tv shows but sadly, I didn't. There was a GIANT tv screen outside which was nice, people could get some thing from a near by cafe and watch tv. There was a stage too for performances but nothing was happening today.

At this point I was getting really hungry, I went back into the Shopping Area towards the station looking for something to eat. There were lots of places to eat here but I ended up near the station in a center point with lots of take out places. I got Tonkatsu Bento, yum!

It was a good idea to do the Ginza > Roppongi route, if you ever visit, you can probably cram in the Imperial Gardens and Tokyo Tower aswell to make an awsome day ending with evening in Roppongi. Even though I was on my own today, it was a nice relaxing day with some really good sights.

Last edited by Alpha eX on Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fatal Exception
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Alpha's J-Adventure 2 - MASSIVE UPDATE (P25)
by Fatal Exception » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:01 pm

Nice :D

Count Nood
Joined in 2008

by Count Nood » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:33 pm

Brilliant read, as always. I really want to go to Japan now...

The Eeveelution club!!! \o/
The Alchemist Penguin wrote:I want Tales of Vesperia PS3 now. Especially you loveable Patty. :wub:
JV
Joined in 2008
AKA: Maurice Merleau-Ponty

by JV » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:17 pm

I think you'll need to super-detox when you return Alpha, going by the amount of shite (although good shite) you've eaten!

Roonmastor
Joined in 2008

by Roonmastor » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:20 pm

He's screwed when he goes out next time for a whole month. But then, so will Yuka's sister.

I'm sorry, I've only contributed filth to this thread.

Hulohot
Joined in 2008
AKA: dan_e1990

by Hulohot » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:46 pm

Stunning photographs. Nice! :o

Return to “Archive”