Fed up talking videogames? Why?
abcd
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
AKA: abcd

PostGR TUBE ADVERTS ARE GO!!!!! Only 0 days left
by abcd » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:51 pm

So here it is......

You could be the next VIRAL INTERNET STAR!!!

Yes that's right.

We're running a super great competition where you can win some HMV vouchers.

1st prize = £40 HMV voucher

2nd prize = £20 HMV voucher

3rd prize = £10 HMV voucher

"So Stu, what do we do?"

Well hold on there compadre.

To enter the competition, you'll need to do a TV style advert for GRcade.

We're looking for an advert that's funny, perhaps a bit crazy and something that shows the spirit of what we know as GRCADE.COM.

"Ok Stu, that sounds great, I'm gonna do one now!!!!"

Well hold on there Johnny. There are a few rules first.

Rule number 1 - All movies or animated gifs/collection of photos must be uploaded to youtube.
Rule number 2 - All entries must be sent to grtubeadvert@googlemail.com (Just the link to the movie)
Rule number 3 - We're looking for 20 - 30 second adverts. So we don't really want to see a 5 second ad.
Rule number 4 - When uploading the movie to youtube, please use the following tags below;

www.grcade.com, GRCADE, GAMES, GAMING, PS3, XBOX360, WII, DS, PSP, PC, ADVERTS

Yo yo yo, what's with the tags?

We're hoping that if everyone uses the same tags, we'll generate a nice bit of interest in our lovely forum.

The competition opens on the 8th January, and all entries should be sent before the 8th February.

"Ok Stu, I'll do a advert and send it off. But what happens after the 8th February?"

Good question Mike...

After the 8th February, we'll see a new thread with all the entries posted. It's then up to you to decide what you think is the best advert.

That's right, you get to choose what you think is the best ad.

Now, the adverts won't have any names attached to them and only I'll know who created what. Hopefully this will eliminate any popularity voting (Although I'm sure this wouldn't happen)

Any questions, then please post away in the competition thread in the off topic section.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5563

Return to “Stuff”