The People's ElboReformat
Joined in 2008
AKA: Goat, Zenigame

PostRe: Alpha's Summer Adventure - Leaving for HK
by The People's ElboReformat » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:43 pm

Brerlappins little hat wrote:
Zenigame wrote:
Brerlappins little hat wrote:Good luck alpha :D
I just got back last week from my own semi epic trip to new york, Connecticut, Nevada, Texas, Utah & Arizona :D

And you never shared any of that adventure with us?

I feel a little hurt, Brer. :(

I was going to, but to be honest as amazing as it was, the photos look a little like 'rocks, rocks, more rocks, POLYGAMISTS!!, rocks, rocks' :lol: ill stick up a few of the more interesting photos in a thread tho if anyone wants to see em

I strawberry floating love rocks.

The Eeveelution club! \o/
Slayerx
Joined in 2008

by Slayerx » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:29 pm

Hope you have a safe journey :mrgreen:

Rightey
Joined in 2008

by Rightey » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:38 pm

Fatal Exception wrote:Good luck! Don't forget to try the soup.

:lol:

Pelloki on ghosts wrote:Just start masturbating furiously. That'll make them go away.

Alpha eX
Joined in 2008

by Alpha eX » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:06 am

02 - Touchdown
10-06-09

Finally made it to Hong Kong, i'm all set up at Antonia's place, getting here wasn't such a joy.

It all started with the cab driver being 20 minutes late, when he arrived, he decided to take a long route to try get more money out of me, he only wasted my time because I just paid him the usual fare and said i'd report him if he didn't accept. Got on the train, London Underground, waited and waited, signal failure resulting in a 20 minute wait for the train to leave!

When I got overground nearer the airport I got a phonecall, it was Antonia, she was in a panic, he suitcase wouldn't close and she'd been trying for an hour. I heard a loud noise, she jumped on it and cracked the case, shortly after she got it locked.

We met at the airport and went to check in, she had two large cases, one seemed to weigh more than an elephant, she put it on the scales and had to take some out, of course, it was the case that took her an hour to close, the look on her face was priceless. Thankfully, it only took us a while to sort all that out and close it.

We shopped in duty free to get some red wine for the father, I had already gotten her mother a necklace with 'merci' engraved on it. We had a quick meal at Wagamamas and got on the plane.

Antonia was on first class and I was on economy so we said our byes and planned to meet up during the flight. The flight was long and in economy not all of the toilets were working, to make things worse, I couldn't go up to first to see Antonia but she came down to see me and we spent most of the flight at the back of the plane due to lack of space and a little more privacy.

Landed in Hong Kong and got of the plane, waited by the exit, everyone had left the plane, no Antonia... I went into the airport by the waiting area, no Antonia... I admit, I was panicing because I had no idea how to contact her or where I was even staying, her mother was going to pick us up. As a last resort, I went through to the baggage pickup and there she was, trying to lift the elephant case of the rails.

After baggage we met up with her mother, their driver swifly took all the bags and seemed to run off towards the car park while we walked at a casual pace talking. I gave her the gift and she seemed to like it.

As we got out the airport, it felt like I had walked into the stream of a heater, it was really hot but had a slight breeze. The change in climate really hits, I wanted to hurry to the next place with air conditioning!

The ride back to Antonia's house went well. Had a nice chat with her mother and got to see quite a bit of Hong Kong on the way. I don't feel nervous around her mother at all, it's the father i'm very nervous about meeting.

Arrived at the house greeted by the maids and Pudding, the family dog. Everyone was friendly and helpful, the house is really nice. I am staying in her brother's room since he is away and staying in her room is obviously a big no no. It's really cool in here with the aircon and I have my own bathroom.

Going to meet with the family again later, will meet the father and we will all go out for dinner, infact, leaving in about half an hour! I'm very nervous to meet the father but let's see how it goes, i'll post back later.

Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Alpha's Summer Adventure - Touchdown
by Drumstick » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:14 am

Good entry.

Why is that when you go away with your girlfriends you can't sleep in the same room with them? Don't their parents get that you're a couple?

Check out my YouTube channel!
One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image Image
Fatal Exception
Joined in 2008
AKA: Racist chinese lover

by Fatal Exception » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:31 am

Drumstick wrote:Good entry.

Why is that when you go away with your girlfriends you can't sleep in the same room with them? Don't their parents get that you're a couple?

It's out of respect. The parents have never seen them together so it would be very wierd to let some strange forign man stay in their daughters bed, under their roof.

The above post, unless specifically stated to the contrary, should not be taken seriously. If the above post has offended you in any way, please fill in this form and return it to your nearest moderator.
Lime
Joined in 2008
AKA: Lime

by Lime » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:20 am

"Antonia was on first class and I was on economy so we said our byes and planned to meet up during the flight. The flight was long and in economy not all of the toilets were working, to make things worse, I couldn't go up to first to see Antonia but she came down to see me and we spent most of the flight at the back of the plane due to lack of space and a little more privacy."

I like this bit. Whoever paid for that first class ticket will be well pissed - they cost £1000s! A shot in the dark says it's her Dad. Therefore.... keep quiet!

Image< Click here to listen to my band, finally on Spotify (and all other streaming services!)
3ds - 0946-2364-6907
Wii U - Monkeylime
Switch Online - SW-0245-1766-8994
Hulohot
Joined in 2008
AKA: dan_e1990

by Hulohot » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:11 pm

Awesome! This is exciting, it feels like it is building up to something. Good luck.

bigcheez2k3
Joined in 2008

by bigcheez2k3 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:25 pm

Hulohot wrote:Awesome! This is exciting, it feels like it is building up to something. Good luck.

Alpha getting bitch slapped by the father?

Preezy wrote:She's the hottest thing to come out of the Ukraine since the Chernobyl fallout cloud :shifty:

I didded a youtube thing Clicky!
DrPepperMan
Joined in 2008

by DrPepperMan » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:03 pm

It's always good to see your blogs alpha. I always look forward to them. I'm hoping to go to Singapore next year with a trip to Hong Kong.

Count Nood
Joined in 2008

by Count Nood » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:05 pm

Good stuff, Alph, I'm looking forward to your next update.

The Eeveelution club!!! \o/
The Alchemist Penguin wrote:I want Tales of Vesperia PS3 now. Especially you loveable Patty. :wub:
The People's ElboReformat
Joined in 2008
AKA: Goat, Zenigame

by The People's ElboReformat » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:06 pm

That dog is awesome.

The Eeveelution club! \o/
Rightey
Joined in 2008

by Rightey » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:04 pm

First class! Maids! Sounds like quite a catch. Although I can't imagine living in a place with maids, the thought of having people do things for you just doesn't work for me.

Pelloki on ghosts wrote:Just start masturbating furiously. That'll make them go away.

Alpha eX
Joined in 2008

by Alpha eX » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:00 pm

03 - Meeting the Parents
10-06-09

Tonight we were all going out for dinner, we had to leave at 5.30 to pick up Antonia's mother then from there go pick up her father. I got ready quite quick, nothing to smart, tshirt with casual dinner jacket, nice jeans and shoes but then Antonia suggested to just wear a shirt, got changed again and we got the driver to go take us to pick up her mother.

The drive was quite nice, got to see more of Hong Kong island, drove down one road that just sold nothing but lighting for houses and then got to where the mother was, picked her up and went to pick up the father, I was bricking it.

Antonia's mother is really nice, kind, friendly and very welcoming. I feel comfortable around her and can talk to her without feeling nervous. I have never met Antonia's father but from her nervousness, I could tell he was the typical hard ass asian dad, overprotective of his only daughter. We parked up and waited...

"Daddy!"

He was walking towards the car, I didn't see him till he was very close. Tall and well built, looked like he could destroy me with a single punch! He got in the car...

"So you must be Luke"

He put out his hand to shake mine, greeting was ok. The driver promptly drove us to the resteraunt, it was Antonia's favourite, some cantonese place, food you wouldn't get in London. We actually drove through the red light district, I was wondering where they were taking me at first!

We got to the resteraunt, it was quite empty, infact, it was pretty much dead. As we got in I gave the bottle of red wine I had brought for the father. He had brought his own :fp:

I am a very fussy eater, I had no idea what to expect and can't remember the names of what I had, to my surprise, it wasn't bad at all! We started with some chicken dish with deep fried seaweed, lovely! Then some sort of oyster omlette dish which wasn't so great, after that a few more, really enjoyed the black moss rolls and yellow noodle desert stuff.

I couldn't take any photos of the food, wish I did, it looked really nice but would have been rude to just get my camera out and start snapping away. The dinner went quite well but don't think i've won the father over yet, typical questions about my work and hobbies ect.

After dinner we went back to the house. Me and Antonia played the piano for quite a while, she was trying to teach me and then her mother came over to show off a bit. I've never really played piano before but I know the one I was playing on was very expensive, a Stienway, I was very nervous i'd break it somehow.

It's quite late now and the parents are asleep so i'm going to sneak back down to Antonia's room. We need to plan tomorrow, think we're having the morning in then going out to Causeway Bay or something similarly named to do some shopping and exploring.

I think i've done ok with the family so far. The maids here are really friendly and very helpful, I feel bad about them doing my chores even as simple as hanging up clothes and fetching shoes. Pudding, the dog, is truely awesome, expect some more pictures and even some videos of him later.

Hulohot
Joined in 2008
AKA: dan_e1990

PostRe: Alpha's Summer Adventure - Meeting the Parents
by Hulohot » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:10 pm

Alpha Gear Solid.

Don't get caught sneaking to her room! :shifty:

Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

by Drumstick » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:18 pm

Alpha eX wrote:I am a very fussy eater

This. Seaweed? No way could I eat that. Another reason why I never want to go these parts of the world.

Awesome news on the parents front though. I imagine him to be ruthless like Sun from Lost's father.

Check out my YouTube channel!
One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image Image
Rightey
Joined in 2008

by Rightey » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:28 pm

Don't accept any job offers.

LewisD
#grcadesangle
Joined in 2008
AKA: L3wisD

by LewisD » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:45 pm

Sneaking into her room!?
With her crazy assed father in the house!?
You've got a death wish mate :D :lol:

Infact, you're setting up the scene for this to happen quite nicely:

Glad it's going ok! Stop being such a fussy eater and trust them. They obviously know the cuisine very well, let them take control :);)

Lime
Joined in 2008
AKA: Lime

by Lime » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:54 pm

Dammit! Just beaten to that motivational pic. It's so perfect.

Image< Click here to listen to my band, finally on Spotify (and all other streaming services!)
3ds - 0946-2364-6907
Wii U - Monkeylime
Switch Online - SW-0245-1766-8994
Alpha eX
Joined in 2008

by Alpha eX » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:59 pm

Hulohot wrote:Alpha Gear Solid.

Don't get caught sneaking to her room! :shifty:

I managed to get there and back, the house is very strange at night, i'm on the 6th floor. Looking up to the 7th floor, it's all glowing red, I have no idea what's up there but it's a mystery! I am very curious to go explore. Also, there is a ghost house futher up the hill...

I actually used my DS as a torch so I didn't have to turn on any lights. My room is right opposite the parents room, Antonia's room is 2 floors down. I won't leave my slippers outside her room though!

Going to sneak back down to Antonia's room to spend the night, she wants me to stay with her and my excuse is I woke up early to see her. Might go out onto the balcony and take some night shots, the view is really good.

Zenigame wrote:That dog is awesome.

The dog is indeed awesome, it does all sorts of tricks.

LewisD wrote:Sneaking into her room!?
With her crazy assed father in the house!?
You've got a death wish mate :D :lol:

Infact, you're setting up the scene for this to happen quite nicely

You bastard, now i'm having doubts about going back down to spend the night in her room! Didn't you post that picture in the last thread aswell? :lol:

LewisD wrote:Glad it's going ok! Stop being such a fussy eater and trust them. They obviously know the cuisine very well, let them take control :);)

I'm not a fussy eater here, I tried everything, even the oyster thing Antonia and her mother refused to eat, that impressed the father.

Return to “Archive”