Alpha's Summer Adventure

Our best bits.
Hulohot
Joined in 2008
AKA: dan_e1990

PostRe: Alpha's Summer Adventure - Meeting the Parents (p3)
by Hulohot » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:33 am

KazemI wrote:
Dual wrote:Visiting that part of the world is definatley something I would like to do myself some day. I just need to get my GF to get over her fear of long distance flights :(
rohypnol

if no-one is allowed to go to the ghost house, you HAVE to go. seriously, you will never get a chance to live the crazy japanese horror style adventure ever again.

This man is correct. You can't go across the world and NOT visit a ghost house now can you. ;) Hi Antonia!

Count Nood
Joined in 2008

by Count Nood » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:50 am

I concur. Get yourself down to the ghost house, Alph. It'll be epic.

The Eeveelution club!!! \o/
The Alchemist Penguin wrote:I want Tales of Vesperia PS3 now. Especially you loveable Patty. :wub:
tnman
Joined in 2008

by tnman » Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:23 pm

Dr Kelso wrote:I only play Pac-Man and that car-jack game. There's nothing quite like scoring a caddy and mowing down street hos.
The People's ElboReformat
Joined in 2008
AKA: Goat, Zenigame

by The People's ElboReformat » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:06 pm

Phoenix Tennant wrote:I concur. Get yourself down to the ghost house, Alph. It'll be epic.

And bring Pudding. It'll be like a Hong Kong Scooby Doo.

The Eeveelution club! \o/
Roonmastor
Joined in 2008

by Roonmastor » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:32 pm

7th Floor glows red and is a shrine?

Grab your whip, your woman and a small asian kid and go investigate!

Alpha eX
Joined in 2008

by Alpha eX » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:13 pm

There will be no ghost house exploring, basically the house is private property and has huge gates surrounding it, all the houses here do, there is no way to get past the security gates.

The HK Scooby Doo with Pudding made us both laugh though. :lol:

Going to do a new blog entry later today, have to sort pictures and upload stuff.

Orbital
Joined in 2008

by Orbital » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:50 pm

nice one mayne.

did you find out what part of HK your gfs parents are (where you staying).

Rightey
Joined in 2008

by Rightey » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:43 pm

Alpha eX wrote:There will be no ghost house exploring, basically the house is private property and has huge gates surrounding it, all the houses here do, there is no way to get past the security gates.

So let me get this straight, you're going to let a metal gate, and another countries laws stop you from doing something potentially cool?! :roll:

Pelloki on ghosts wrote:Just start masturbating furiously. That'll make them go away.

shas'la
Joined in 2008

by shas'la » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:19 pm

I'm sitting in my hotel appartment in Le Mans, the races doesnt start untill saturday so im running about at ll sorts of crazy times trying to get Forza3 to work, i have an hour before my next instal and i thought i should watch a movie/TV but the entertainment i chose instead was to cathc up on this thread!

The heat just smacks you in the face when you go out the airport. You'll never forget that feeling. Caseway way is cool,they have a sort of "times square" there with a decent namco station arcade around the corner in a shopping centre top floor.

I hate laptop typing, when i get back to UK ill catch up proper.

Hulohot
Joined in 2008
AKA: dan_e1990

by Hulohot » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:51 pm

Rightey wrote:
Alpha eX wrote:There will be no ghost house exploring, basically the house is private property and has huge gates surrounding it, all the houses here do, there is no way to get past the security gates.

So let me get this straight, you're going to let a metal gate, and another countries laws stop you from doing something potentially cool?! :roll:

I would stay away too. :shifty:

Alpha eX
Joined in 2008

by Alpha eX » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:21 am

Junk Food Day at Causeway Bay
11-06-09

I didn't sleep till early morning today so woke up much later. I set my alarm for 9 but was woken up at 12 by Antonia who didn't sleep very well either. We was going to visit Causeway Bay today, we had to wait for the driver to get back so had 2 hours to kill.

We had breakfast, nothing much, I just had sausages and green tea, not very hungry, Antonia had something similar but with corn, which I don't like very much. We was then greeted by Pudding who was not very happy to see us eating without him.

Around 2 in the afternoon, the driver brought Antonia's mother home. She had been at some food house party event where they eat lots of nice food. Pudding came running up and knew she had brought something home...

Antonia's mother brought us back a nice chocolate cake which we ate with mint choclate chip ice cream, was very nice and filled with chocolate in the middle. It was still warm, freshly baked and a nice snack before heading out.

Pudding couldn't have any, he wasn't very happy.

Before we could go to Causeway Bay, we had to drop by St John's Catherdral, the first in Hong Kong. It really stands out, surrounded by tall buildings, it seems a little lost in the big city. We looked around here very briefly before getting back in the car and heading to Causeway Bay.

We arrived at Times Square, not really like the New York one. Aparently there are lots of shows in the area and it's popular for tv stars to shop around but we didn't see any.

There was a nice colorful large chess set installed outside Times Square shopping center for Fathers Day. I sat on one of the peices, as they are chairs, but it felt quite loose, not wanting to break it, I got up.

We decided to do a bit of shopping and browsing first so we went into the Time Square shopping center. Inside was really nice, very shiney and clean, it wasn't too busy in here. To my surprise, there was lots of familiar shops in here like Zara, UniQlo

I was walking about in my nice shoes, not wanting to ruin them so soon, I decided to go get some Converse. In the shopping center was a Converse shop with many designs.

I saw some nice pairs but sadly, didn't have my size in stock. I will look at another shop to try find some. The shop was very neat and full of interesting designs, prices were good too. Antonia got a nice pair of leather converse with a zip like rainbow design around the edges, should have taken a picture to show you, they're nice. I got a nice random picture of the pens at the till, very cute.

After the Converse shop we walked around a bit and looked in Fortress, a technology store. We then wandered into a really interesting store, City Super I think. It had lots of cool things and we spent a while looking around. I took some pictures of some strange things.

Weiner Man, yes that's right, they actually have a doll called Weiner Man and lots of merch to go with it. I think I have to get one of these just because it is so crazy. According to the sign...

Weiner Man. He is fish meat sausage from Tokyo bay, actually twin.

height: 20cm
merit:loose character
demerits: It is not good at sitting straight on the physique.

living Tokyo tea lover

After that I was just walking around the aisles when something strange and disturbing caught my eye. This is not right and I do not know why the person is modeling the product on the back of the box is in this state...

No you're eyes are not decieving you, that's a naked kid baking a cake!

Some more cool things from the shop.

After City Super we walked around a Super Market to have a look at the interesting foods. I saw something that reminded me of Giga Pudding (from the J-Adventure) and then something very strange, Oreo Jello!

We was a little hungry after shopping and wanted a snack. Antonia litterally dragged me at high speeds to a shop called, The Taiyaki. They sell Crispy Hot Sandwhiches in a variety of flavorings, you can have sweet or savory ones.

There was a promotion going on which made it better to just buy three so Antonia got the Italian which is Sausage, Cheese, Onion and Tomato. I got the French Cinammon which is Apple and Cinammon then we got a Chocolate Banana one to share. They were lovely! My one tasted like a very nice apple pie and Antonia's was like some sort of pie. I highly reccomend these, you can find the shop just to the right of Time Square.

We went walking around Causeway Bay after eating. Here are a few pictures.

It was interesting to see the streets, mostly lined with shops and was quite busy. It reminded me a lot of Tokyo, especially when I saw the 7/11. I decided to buy some sweets. I love Mango TicTacs, Antonia bought me some back from Hong Kong last time she went, I ate them all very quick and waited a long time to get some more as they aren't avaliable in the UK. I also got some nice chewy Cream Soda flavor sweets. At the time of typing, they are all gone now.

It was a short walk to our next destination, a surprise from Antonia. We arrived at the Namco Wonder Park Plus which is a really nice arcade.

The arcade was on the 6th floor. As the doors opened I was greeted by two Gundam models and a load of claw machines. Pac Man was also there to greet us. If you look at the picture, see those plushes on the ground? I want them all, the Pac Man ones are actually hats!

We played a few games, mostly rhythm ones so that was of course, Taiko no Tatsujin 12, Jubeat and the new Drum Mania. As we was walking out through the prize games area, something familiar caught my eye. If you followed the J-Adventure thread, you will recognise this...

Mama Shiba, the green demon! It seems to have arrived in Hong Kong!

We did some more walking and Antonia wanted to show me another arcade, it was a local one so it was cheaper but not as nice as the Namco one. It was very loud, busy and smokey so we didn't stay there for too long.

After we came out, we was hungry and Antonia took me to a place she'd wanted to try as it was quite new. Ireland's Potato, they sell potato snacks and other fried things but what makes these difference is the special sauces and flavorings on the chips. We got the Honey Mustard flavor and I had to get the Lemon Chicken Popcorn because it is a combination of my two favourite foods, Lemon and Chickens!

As a quick snack, this was a great meal. The Honey Mustard chips were amazing, never had something that made chips taste so good. Would highly reccomend them. You can find Ireland's Potato hidden somewhere in Causeway Bay, it's near the Namco place and the other Game Center.

We were both quite tired because of lack of sleep and lots of walking so decided to head home early for a bit of a rest and relaxation. On the way back I saw an amusing sign.

When we got back Pudding was waiting at the top of the stairs to greet us but soon got bored and wandered off somewhere. Much later in the evening we was snackish and Antonia suggested I try the maid's homemade hamburgers, since we was having a bit of a junk food day.

The burger was amazing! Very well made and fresh. It was interesting to have it in toasted bread, never had a burger like that before. Tomorrow we will eat better food, today was a bit of a lazy day for us both as we were so tired.

As for tomorrow, we don't really have anything special planned as Antonia has to be somewhere, i'll wrap up now as the maids have just brought in something that smells amazing, read about it tomorrow!

Roonmastor
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Alpha's Summer Adventure - Junk Food Day at Causeway Bay (p7
by Roonmastor » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:46 am

Alpha would make a great food critic.

Or a poor one as he'd recommend everything.

Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

by Qikz » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:37 am

Those Pac Man hats look amazing! You should so win me one.

The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...
Dual
Joined in 2008

by Dual » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:51 am

Really great photos Alpha. Hong Kong itself appears to looks like any other city I've visited but there are little things that you've been pointing out which seem to give it it's own personality. Infact the interior of the shopping center you visited in Times Square (?) looks like the Bull Ring in Birmingham.

The food looks amazing as well, especially those sandwich things. And I like the look of that potato/chip shop.

Weiner man :lol:

SEP
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

by SEP » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:26 am

Great post, Alpha. Also, :lol: at the naked kid baking the cake.

rogwilco
Joined in 2008

by rogwilco » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:33 am

Alpha always makes me chuckle at your constant obsession with sugary foods and plush (hate that word) toys. :lol:

Also would you agree that Hong Kong is ALOT dirtier than Tokyo?

Keep up the good work though, its a great read whilst in work.

Alpha eX
Joined in 2008

by Alpha eX » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:46 am

rogwilco wrote:Alpha always makes me chuckle at your constant obsession with sugary foods and plush (hate that word) toys. :lol:

Also would you agree that Hong Kong is ALOT dirtier than Tokyo?

Keep up the good work though, its a great read whilst in work.

I wouldn't say Hong Kong is ALOT dirtier than Tokyo but some places in Tokyo are very clean. I've only been out once so not really seen enough to say, don't think it's as dirty as people make out.

I didn't realise people would read this at work, in that case, i'll try update every morning before 9am so you can all check it at work with a nice cup of tea. Speaking of, i'm really enjoying Green Tea out here.

bigcheez2k3
Joined in 2008

by bigcheez2k3 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:49 am

Antonia has nice fingernails, very colourful.

Anyone else imagine her looking like Faith?

Preezy wrote:She's the hottest thing to come out of the Ukraine since the Chernobyl fallout cloud :shifty:

I didded a youtube thing Clicky!
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

by Drumstick » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:54 am

Awesome update. Best bit was the return of the green demon, blates.

Check out my YouTube channel!
One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image Image
John Galt
Joined in 2008
AKA: Boo Radley

by John Galt » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:30 pm

That whole place looks immense. I have to go there.

Did you decide if you were going to go to Beijing, Shanghai etc.?

Return to “Archive”