Alpha's Summer Adventure

Our best bits.
Alpha eX
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Alpha's Summer Adventure - Junk Food Day at Causeway Bay (p7
by Alpha eX » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:34 pm

John Galt wrote:That whole place looks immense. I have to go there.

Did you decide if you were going to go to Beijing, Shanghai etc.?

We will be going to Beijing and Shanghai, just deciding on the schedule, thankfully, we have a friend to stay with in Shanghai. There is a really cool resteraunt there, don't know the name but you have to press stones in the wall in a particular order to enter, like a secret code!

Count Nood
Joined in 2008

by Count Nood » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:22 pm

Mmm, peado cake.

Seriously though, great post, Alph.

The Eeveelution club!!! \o/
The Alchemist Penguin wrote:I want Tales of Vesperia PS3 now. Especially you loveable Patty. :wub:
Fatal Exception
Joined in 2008
AKA: Racist chinese lover

by Fatal Exception » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:56 pm

Now I crave junkfood. Thanks. :x

The above post, unless specifically stated to the contrary, should not be taken seriously. If the above post has offended you in any way, please fill in this form and return it to your nearest moderator.
John Galt
Joined in 2008
AKA: Boo Radley

by John Galt » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:59 pm

Out of interest, what are the prices like for Western goods, like those Converse shoes for example?

Also, did you visit some sort of Japan Town as a fair few of those signs were in Japanese?

aayl1
Sir Aaron of GRcade
Joined in 2008

by aayl1 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:02 pm

A nice update! Have you seen much of the Dad today? Keep us posted on that angle too.

I am extremely jealous of all that food you'll be eating.

LewisD
#grcadesangle
Joined in 2008
AKA: L3wisD

by LewisD » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:55 pm

Alpha eX wrote:
I didn't realise people would read this at work.

Aye. Less dodgy pictures of kids please.... :fp:

The People's ElboReformat
Joined in 2008
AKA: Goat, Zenigame

by The People's ElboReformat » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:55 pm

:o Green Demon

That burger looked awesome. Now i'm hungry.

Also Pudding continues to be awesome. Bring him back for me, kk.

The Eeveelution club! \o/
Rightey
Joined in 2008

by Rightey » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:26 pm

Is anyone else noticing that Alpha is constantly using "was" instead of "were"?

Pelloki on ghosts wrote:Just start masturbating furiously. That'll make them go away.

LewisD
#grcadesangle
Joined in 2008

by LewisD » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:33 pm

Rightey wrote:Is anyone else noticing that Alpha is constantly using "was" instead of "were"?

I was going to mention it, but noticed that no one else complained. So I decided against it.

Alpha Ex wrote:We was

:x

He's just jet lagged though, I'm sure. ;)

Red Devil
Joined in 2008

by Red Devil » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:36 pm

More like sex lagged.

AMIRITE?

o/

Crimson
Joined in 2008

by Crimson » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:51 pm

Ireland's Potato! :lol:

LewisD
#grcadesangle
Joined in 2008

by LewisD » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:56 pm

LewisD wrote:He's just jet lagged though, I'm sure. ;)

Red Devil wrote:More like sex lagged.

AMIRITE?

o/

Red Devil
Joined in 2008

by Red Devil » Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:03 pm

:fp:

tomvek
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by tomvek » Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:07 pm

:lol:

Great stuff Alpha, your adventure topics are always an excellent read.

Keep up the good work dude :D

Alpha eX
Joined in 2008

by Alpha eX » Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:15 pm

John Galt wrote:Out of interest, what are the prices like for Western goods, like those Converse shoes for example?

Also, did you visit some sort of Japan Town as a fair few of those signs were in Japanese?

The Converse from the official store range from $300 to $500 for really nice ones. So that's about £20-40 which is better than in UK, £35 for a bog standard pair with no pattern or design. The nice leather ones are $500.

aaronayl1 wrote:A nice update! Have you seen much of the Dad today? Keep us posted on that angle too.

I am extremely jealous of all that food you'll be eating.

Read the next post for an update on that situation... The food here is amazing, can't wait to eat more!

Rightey wrote:Is anyone else noticing that Alpha is constantly using "was" instead of "were"?

You have to excuse and try to ignore my terrible grammar, I type these quickly and don't second read them or spell check. I'm not very good at grammar but I hope you all still can understand and enjoy reading my posts.

Going to do the next update early, very tired after a really lazy day. Funnily enough, the title of the next post is, Jet Lagged.

SEP
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

by SEP » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:15 pm

Also, post more about the dog.

Alpha eX
Joined in 2008

by Alpha eX » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:58 pm

Jet Lagged
12-06-09

We didn't get any sleep last night, I think we're both suffering from Jet Lag. It was around 5am that we got up and went to the Kicthen for some stuff to eat. We shared the rest of the Mint Choc Chip Ice Cream and then had some tea and toast.

The maids woke up around 7am and Pudding woke with them. We went to play with pudding for a bit before the maids cooked us breakfast.

We went back to the bedroom to rest a bit before breakfast. The maids were cooking Spanish Omelette which smelt great. It actually arrived as I was typing up my last blog post and here it is!

The omlette was really nice but I wasn't too hungry so couldn't eat very much. We Finally managed to fall asleep around 9am then woke very late in the afternoon at 4pm. Antonia had some stuff to sort out today so I stayed in and decided to get some more rest and try finish a report i'm writing, didn't get too much of that done...

It got to around 8pm and Antonia still wasn't back, I was just surfing the net when I heard the phone ring. Shortly after the maid came in asking what I wanted for dinner, Antonia's father had called to say I should have a meal cooked there, strange... I asked for a Chicken dish, telling the maid to surprise me.

Nearer 9pm the maid called me down to the kicthen for dinner, I walked down towards the kitchen, the door was closed but I could hear talking, it was Antonia's father... I got very nervous, he seemed to have arranged a meal for just the two of us, Antonia and her mother wasn't home, nervous, I opened the kitchen door and saw him sitting there but I then looked ahead and saw Antonia smiling back at me, her mother was also there, phew!

Dinner was really nice, had a grilled chicken dish with some sort of homemade marinade and herbs, onions and of course, rice. I didn't speak much with the father, he seems very kept to himself. Still trying to think of things we can talk about to break the ice, I think next time I will ask him about the guitar I noticed in his office, it looks very expensive and I really want to play it.

After dinner we went back to the bedroom to rest and ended up falling asleep early, still suffering from the jet lag. It got to about 3am when we decided we wanted another midnight feast so off to the kitchen we went.

I wanted something suggary and sweet to eat but with bread. Antonia told me to get the Hershey's Chocolate Syrup while she made some toasted bread. I was eating Syrup with a spoon while waiting for the bread, the two combined made an awesome snack, very soft bread with thin syrup rich in flavor, perfect!

Antonia was being a bit more healthy with her late night snacks, she was eating some sushi that she got on the way back home. We had one final snack, it was a creation of Antonia's, Sugar Butter on Toast. It is as simple as it sounds, butter with sugar on top, I wasn't too keen on it at first but give it a try on some lightly toasted or soft toaste bread, it is really nice.

The jet lag still dominates us, it's 5am now and we're still quite awake with lots of energy left. Not sure what to do tomorrow so if you're quick please try make a suggestion before 2am, there are some ideas in the first blog entry on page one but feel free to suggest your own. We was going to go Ocean Park but will go next week with another couple, that will be a blog entry to check out as it will feature awesome dolphin tricks, giant turtles and a weird sea lion. Sadly, the Killer Whale died, I don't know what they did with it but I assume sushi production was higher than usual...

Anyway, going to try and get some sleep now so we don't wake at 4am again!

Cuttooth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Alpha's Summer Adventure - Jet Lagged (p9)
by Cuttooth » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:34 pm

The jet lag still dominates us, it's 5am now and we're still quite awake with lots of energy left. Not sure what to do.

Oooh, I'm not touching that one.

Cool update. The father is going to kill you. :D

Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

by Qikz » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:59 pm

Cuttooth wrote:
The jet lag still dominates us, it's 5am now and we're still quite awake with lots of energy left. Not sure what to do.

Oooh, I'm not touching that one.

Cool update. The father is going to kill you. :D

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID.

The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...
Count Nood
Joined in 2008

by Count Nood » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:07 am

Pudding continues to be awesome. :wub:

The Eeveelution club!!! \o/
The Alchemist Penguin wrote:I want Tales of Vesperia PS3 now. Especially you loveable Patty. :wub:

Return to “Archive”