Alpha's Summer Adventure

Our best bits.
Cuttooth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Alpha's Summer Adventure - Jet Lagged (p9)
by Cuttooth » Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:40 pm

He finally has a story we really want to hear... and he knows it.

Orbital
Joined in 2008

by Orbital » Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:41 pm

MCN wrote:
KazemI wrote:please, your not hideo kojima so can you stop with the hype.

No, this is considerably less boring.

saywut ?

Alpha eX
Joined in 2008

by Alpha eX » Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:56 pm

Sorry for the delay, it's a lot to type.

Shock, Horror and Shopping
13-06-09

I set my alarm for around 9 this morning but woke up nearer 10, the DS had ran out of battery before the alarm went off. I woke up alone, which was odd because I went to sleep with Antonia. I got up and went down to her room, there she was, sleeping.

I went over to wake her up, since we was supposed to go out early today. She eventually woke up and like couples do, we had a bit of morning excersize. Midway through, there was a knock on the door followed almost instantly by the door swinging open.

To our horror, her mother was standing in the door way, I jumped back and kept my back towards the wall, out of her sight but it was very clear what we was doing as the lights were on and the bed is in clear view from the door way. We had been caught in the act by her mother, I pretty much froze in fear that she would scream or call the father down but to our surprise, she stayed there and started talking to Antonia asking her what her plans were today as if she hadn't just seen us just a few seconds before. She told us we should go have breakfast before hurrying off.

It was quite obvious she had noticed as she was tripping on her words and was clearly embarrassed about the whole situation but I guess she didn't want to make it too awkward by just closing the door right after opening it. After she left we just looked at each other in horror. We had to go down and have breakfast, facing whoever was in the house. I was hoping the father wasn't there and even more that she hadn't said anything.

We gathered our courage and walked down to the kicthen together, the door was closed so we couldn't see who was in there. My heart stopped as we opened the door, her mother was sitting at the table and one of the maids was cooking. Antonia's mother looked up as we sat at the table with her.

Thankfully, she started talking to us as if nothing had happened, I think she wasn't the only one who was trying to forget what had just happened minutes before. Antonia and her mother ate, I wasn't hungry so just had tea. Antonia's mother asked if we wanted to join her for the grocery shopping today, thinking it would be a nice idea, we agreed and left the kicthen to go get ready.

I was told to eat before I went out so the maids cooked me something while I waited for Antonia in her room. I had to go collect my food from the kicthen, on my own... I slowly walked down, the door was closed again and I could smell something nice. I opened the door and her mother was sitting there, I said hello but she didn't even look up from her news paper... My food wasn't ready so I went back to wait.

The food finally arrived, it was Japanese Fried Dumpings with Vinegar. The maid said I had to eat in Antonia's room, which is odd beceause aparently she's not really allowed to do that herself. The dumplings were really nice, don't really eat them back home but I ate the whole plate.

We eventually left the house and headead for the supermarket, the Park 'n Shop.

At first, I thought, this is just like Asda but as I walked around I saw strange and interesting things I had never seen before. There are loads of pictures so i've spoilered the most of them but take a look!

Yellow Water Melons.

Emperor Bananas, they're like minature real bananas.

These are Gong Pears, look like apples though.

Dragon Fruit

Morodo Bananas, apparently they are just different in color not taste.

Meat, nothing special.

Nando's Sauce! I love Nandos so was surprised to see the sauce in HK, didn't get any though which is a regret now.

No idea what this is, I just like the picture.

Japanese sweets.

Lemon and Lime Marmalade, it's lovely, I brought a jar.

Lemon Ritz Cracker Sandwiches, another regret.

These looked lovely, didn't get one.

After shopping we went back home to drop everything off, have some lunch and then go back out. I only bought a few things. The Lemon and Lime Marmalade, Burger King French Fries and Onion Ring flavor something or others, Mango Tic Tacs (these are great) and Lemon Lucozade which is crap. I had the marmalade on toast, it was really sweet, lovely stuff. I will be bringing lots of that home.

We had lunch with the family, including Antonia's dad. I was bricking it incase Antonia's mother brought up what had happened earlier but thankfully she didn't and he didn't seem to know. We felt bad eating with Pudding watching because he didn't get none, gutted.

Before we went out for the day we had to stop by the Country Club so that Antonia's father could return some borrowed dvd's. The dvd room was full of dvd's, as you'd expect, but there was so much choice, even american box sets. As I was leaving, I noticed an internet cafe type area, I looked over to one of the computers and noticed the desktop background, it was that neoGAF smiley as a tiled image, made me laugh, made others stare.

I needed to get some new shoes to run about HK in, my other pair I usually wear are far too worn out and look like tramp shoes so decided to get a cheap pair of Converse here so we headed back to Causeway Bay. Last time I was here they didn't have my size so we decided to try some more of the local shops.

We arrived at Times Square and walked through Lane Crawford, a very posh department store, sort of like Harrods / John Lewis. Took a few photos in here of interesting yet overpriced things. Antonia's parents left us here and went off, we all had to meet up later to go back home with the driver.

On the way to the local shops, we passed Winsor House, a small shopping mall with a giant Toys R Us on the 7th floor. We decided to go check that out as Antonia said it was really cool.

We rode the elevator up to the 7th floor, I was way more excited than I should have been for someone my age but I had heard good things. As the doors opened I looked around and was disapointed, the building had changed and the size of Toys R Us had shrank drasticly, you could walk end to end in a minute, it's rubbish now.

I was a bit hungry after the let down that was Toys R Us so we stopped off at Freshness Burger when leaving Winsor House. This is a Japanese chain that sell home made hamburgers, very nice but sadly the HK branches don't sell the awesome salsa burger, I settled for a quick classic burger.

We then finally got around to the local shops in search for the Converse I wanted, high top faded black/grey in a specfic size, unavaliable in the UK and sold out in Times Square. We went into Causeway Place, a few floors of shops that sell all sorts, clothes, shoes, nic nacs and watches.

There was lots of cool shops here but sadly we didn't have much time to fully explore the maze like structure of each floor. We saw a BAPE store which was cool and then another shop that sold all sorts of random things, didn't take too many pictures here. I was put off when trying to take a picture of one store and some guy ran up and put his hand in front of my camera and then continued to point out at least half a dozen "NO PHOTOGRAPHY" signs in the shop window, one by one. :fp:

It took a while to find the shoe shop in the maze but we did and they had my shoes! Usually, I always ask for the size I want, wait for them to check for them only to come back to say they don't make them or they were sold out, thankfully, this time I was in luck! Got my converse for a cool $299 which is around £22. :D

We hurried back to Times Square to meet Antonia's parents so we could catch a ride back.

Antonia's father was dropped off at some fancy resteraunt to eat and we went to the Wan Chai Market, it's basically local shops that sell fresh meat, fruits and very cheap sauces ect.

I was very surprised with these shops. They wasn't very clean and had no air conditioning but the prices were so much cheaper than the supermarkets selling the same thing, you could get 6 pounds of nice fresh cherries for $70, which is about £5. I noticed the Cream Soda in here, two bottles for $14 which is about £1! Snapped those up, absolute bargain compared to the supermarket. Took a few photos while Antonia and her mother were shopping.

We got home and had some dinner, the maids cooked again, this time, Spaghetti Bolognaise. The sauce was homemade with fresh ingredients, they grow their own herbs too! I've been to Italy and ate a load of this sort of thing but this is actually the best i've ever had! These maids are really good at cooking! :D

Oh and no human food for pudding again, he looked so excited too. While I was eating he was sitting by me making this face, I couldn't give in and feed him which was sad, he's so cute...

After dinner we just went back to Antonia's room, we made sure the door was locked this time. Not sure what's going on with the parents now, Antonia thinks her mother has told her father as "she tells him everything". I'm actually hiding in here when infact I really want more of that marmalade on toast, Antonia is laughing as I type this.

Tomorrow will be interesting as it's a big family day, we're all going out to the cinema. I really hope there is no talk of our activities tonight but Antonia thinks her mother ran and told the maids straight after, they hesitate to come in the room now even if we tell them to come in.

This could get bad, especially if the father finds out. We're either going to get 'the talk' or i'm going to get a broken nose.

Last edited by Alpha eX on Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SEP
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Alpha's Summer Adventure - Shock, Horror and Shopping (p14)
by SEP » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:04 pm

Lesson to be learned here. Always lock the strawberry floating door!

Cuttooth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Cuttooth » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:04 pm

Soon you'll learn that guitar isn't actually for strumming out tunes.

Poncho
Joined in 2008

by Poncho » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:06 pm

The dad knows, he's just building up his power level for the confrontation.

SEP
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

by SEP » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:08 pm

So when is the first flight home? I'd jump straight on it if I were you, before you die.

Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

by Drumstick » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:22 pm

Christ. :lol:

I hope everything goes well, buddy. Let's just hope they understand that you're a young couple and that they still remember what it was like to be our age.

Check out my YouTube channel!
One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image Image
Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

by Qikz » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:26 pm

That was the megaton? Wow, I'm dissapointed.

Still, another nice update and your going to come home twice the size of when you left the amount your eating. :lol:

The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...
Memento Mori
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

by Memento Mori » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:36 pm

It's probably better that it wasn't the dad who caught you.

Igor
Joined in 2008

by Igor » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:38 pm

Alpha's overuse of the word 'snack' has now caused it to lose all meaning for me..

Dual
Joined in 2008

by Dual » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:47 pm

Her Dad's gonna get you!

Another good post though, that Dragon fruit looks interesting and Pudding continues to be the star of the show.

Fatal Exception
Joined in 2008
AKA: Racist chinese lover

by Fatal Exception » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:47 pm

Christ, you noob. :fp:

Always lock the door in the parents house. Always. It's even more important if you have separate rooms.

Moar pudding.

The above post, unless specifically stated to the contrary, should not be taken seriously. If the above post has offended you in any way, please fill in this form and return it to your nearest moderator.
Dolph Wiggler
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Alpha's Summer Adventure
by Dolph Wiggler » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:52 pm

Alpha eX wrote:Going visit a lot of places and have to try win the approval of my gf's strict, traditional parents!

Seems like that hasn't quite gone to plan anyway :lol:

KnifeySpoony
Joined in 2009

by KnifeySpoony » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:59 pm

Hey Alpha...F Zero GX get, cheers mate!

On a side note I do hope your HK shenanigans works out...oh yes, you do know that lemon & lime marmalade is available in just about every supermarket in the UK yes!

Osito
Joined in 2008

by Osito » Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:21 pm

Pudding :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Orbital
Joined in 2008

by Orbital » Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:35 pm

reminded me of nintendos e3 conference - good but fail.

you may as well strawberry float loads now they know and whilst you still can.

darksideby182
Joined in 2008

by darksideby182 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:36 pm

just had a breeze through and it all sounds great , i mean meeting the parents then having to sneak in to your gf's room.

Wii U : punkeator
Xbox live : darksideby182
Psn : darksideby182
steam : Punkeator
Origin : Punkeator
Switch : 6739-1557-7191
Memento Mori
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

by Memento Mori » Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:25 pm

You clearly didn't read page 14.

JV
Joined in 2008
AKA: Maurice Merleau-Ponty

by JV » Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:50 pm

I think it's a bit off that you disrespected her folks wishes, and pretty darn stupid that you let yourselves get caught in the act!

Return to “Archive”