Alpha's Summer Adventure

Our best bits.
Alpha eX
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Alpha's Summer Adventure - Movietime at the IFC (p16)
by Alpha eX » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:27 pm

I made it back and the typhoon was just a mild thunderstorm, stayed out a lot later than expected but got in around 12am, greeted by the parents and a nice surprise.

Blog post will be up later this evening, it'll be a big one with lots of pictures.

SEP
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

by SEP » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:34 pm

Alpha eX wrote:I made it back and the typhoon was just a mild thunderstorm, stayed out a lot later than expected but got in around 12am, greeted by the parents and a nice surprise.

Blog post will be up later this evening, it'll be a big one with lots of pictures.

A pack of condoms?

Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

by Qikz » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:39 pm

I bet they asked to join in.

The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...
Fatal Exception
Joined in 2008
AKA: Racist chinese lover

PostRe: Alpha's Summer Adventure - Shock, Horror and Shopping (p14)
by Fatal Exception » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:56 pm

aaronayl1 wrote:

Pudding looks like a baby seal.

More like:

The above post, unless specifically stated to the contrary, should not be taken seriously. If the above post has offended you in any way, please fill in this form and return it to your nearest moderator.
SEP
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by SEP » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:56 pm

A double-ended dildo? A strap on? We must know!

Alpha eX
Joined in 2008

by Alpha eX » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:21 pm

The Peak
15-06-09

I woke up at a normal time today with no jet lag and had my now regular breakfast of Lemon and Lime Marmelade on toast. Pudding wasn't very happy this morning so didn't play with him.

We stayed in for the morning because I was feeling a bit under the weather and so was Antonia. I decided to take some pictures of the interesting things in her room.

We had lunch, Spaghetti Bolognese and then went out for the day. We were going to The Peak today, a high point on Hong Kong island accessable via an uphill tram. There was warnings of a strong typhoon yesterday but decided it would be ok as the weather didn't look too bad so off we went. We had to hurry because the driver needed to drop us off then pick up Antonia's mother from one place and then her father at another. We hurried to the car and left, was going to be in time until Antonia discovered her maids had put the wrong bag in the car, we had to go back because her ID was in the one she had to take, traveling without it is illegal for locals.

After going all the way back to get the bag and then to the Peak Tram Station. This is where we take the tram up to the Peak, the cost for the tram is $33, which isn't too much, just afew pounds. We paid extra ($49) so we could travel to the Sky Terrace, the top of the shopping center on the peak that lets you see much futher over Hong Kong island.

It's a short walk from the ticket office to the tram station, on the way is a very small museum, well, it's more like a bunch of historical stuff along a corridor leading to the tram. When we got to the tram area, it was already in the bay and there was a nice queue formed waiting which we joined.

Moments later a loud tour guide pushes past everyone instructing his group to do the same to get to the front carridge, "Get the long benches, you will see the bay", his advice was golden, we sat on the long bench and could see the whole bay while going up, just trees on the otherside.

The tram ends in Peak Tower, a building with a small market at the bottom and then shops and resteraunts going up to the Sky Terrace at the top. We had a look around the market first.

Most of the stalls/shops all sold the same cheap touristy stuff, got some nice pictures of random bits on the shelves. I like taking photos of little things like these, very colorful and interesting.

After the market we walked around Sky Tower a bit more and did some shopping, I bought a nice rain coat and got another a cool bed shirt. We went outside the tower and walked around a bit but the weather was miserable so went back in and made our way up to the Sky Terrace.

Near the top I saw a familiar logo, it was for EA. There was some sort of 'experience' shop/area for EA games, it was very odd to see it in the Peak Tower as I didn't think they were popular in Hong Kong. The shop sold EA merchandice and American games. They had some nice Spore tshirts but that was about it really.

We continued to the top of the tower and out to Sky Terrace.

The weather was really miserable by the time we got to the top. Light rain and lots of clouds, not very photogenic. I got a few pictures but then Antonia decided she wanted to go to the toilet, we went back into the tower and when we tried to go back up, realised the tickets we had only allowed us to go up once!

A little disapointed, we took the tram back down as it got dark, it was really nice coming back down but difficult to take pictures because the tram was moving so fast my camera was blurring them.

We got out the tram station and decided to walk around the area and try make our way back to Causeway Bay for more shopping and eating. We walked through a maze of tall buildings trying to find a tram station to take us to Times Square.

We finally found the tram station after a 10/15 minute walk. I hadn't been on a tram in years and was surprised how quick they were. We hopped on and had to wait a while for a seat as it was quite busy.

We got off close to Times Square so we could walk past some of the more local shops. We passed a really interesting shop called Aji Ichiban which was like a pic'n'mix shop. We planned to come back here and headed for Times Square.

When we got to Times Square, we went back to City Super, a really cool shop that sells lots of interesting things, gadgets and stationary. It's one of my favourite shops here. I decided to buy Antonia a giant plush octopus that had a nice lavender scent to it.

After all that walking I was really hungry so we went to The Takoyaki place again for another of those Crispy Sandwiches, I got the French one again, Apple and Cinamon with custard filling, lovely!

We walked around the area taking a different route, again, looking at more of the local shops. We went into the maze like market again and I found a cool game shop that was selling Taiko no Tatsujin (drum game) on the Wii for a cool £50! Think i'll get it but not sure how I will get it home...

We eventually made our way to a Japanese Curry Shop, Bee, to get something to eat. I was really in the mood for a Chicken Katsu Curry so this shop was perfect!

The Curry shop was really close to the Namco arcade, the weather was getting wet again so we headed there to play some games. We started with Taiko no Tatsujin and then played some other games. The highlight was playing some Japanese Racing game, me and Antonia went head to head but some cocky Chinese kid joined as the 3rd racer, he was bragging to his friends he would beat us, he didn't, I came first and Antonia was ahead of him the whole race, he got laughed at and blamed the "broken machine".

We played games in here for quite a while, time really flew and before we knew it the lights were going off in areas and the staff were turning off the machines. We were there till closing, it's surprising how many games you can play for £5!

As we were leaving, we decided to get a toy from the Gashapon machines.

When we got out, there was very few people left and most of the shops had closed. The only ones left open were resteraunts, food stalls and the 7 Eleven type shops.

I went to the 7 Eleven to get some sweets, this time it was Grape Puccho, very sweet!

We walked through the streets for a while then eventually took a cab home since it was late, no point calling out the driver. The cab ride back is quite quick, didn't want to wait around.

When we got in, near 1am, we heard Antonia's mother call down stairs. We spoke to her a bit and showed her the things we got, she loved the octopus. Antonia's father then came down with a bag.

He handed the bag to Antonia, it was her new phone which she had ordered a few days back. She was very excited. After he handed her the phone, he told me he had a gift for me which was very unexpected, it was a keychain that had a light on it to identify fake money. I was about to joking shine the light on Antonia when I realised what it might show up so thought against it!

Despite the dull weather, I had a good time today. It's a shame the view from the Peak wasn't so great but it's close and cheap enough to warrant a return visit on a clear day, at least we fully explored the tower and shops there.

I'm surprised Antonia's father got me a gift, maybe things aren't so bad between us? I still feel like there's a long way to go before I truely have his approval.

Not sure what we're doing tomorrow, Antonia has some things to do with her mother so will be back at 5pm, maybe we'll go to a night market or out somewhere to eat, suggestions are welcome.

Last edited by Alpha eX on Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cardinal Chunder
Joined in 2008
AKA: CosmoKramer

by Cardinal Chunder » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:24 pm

Alpha eX wrote:Image

Were the two blondes on the right as hot as they look? You must've notcied. :shifty:

EDIT: I think my question is answered in one of the later photos. :x

EDIT2:
Alpha eX wrote:I was about to joking shine the light on Antonia when I realised what it might show up so thought against it!

You dirty bastard. In her parents' house as well.

DrPepperMan
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Alpha's Summer Adventure - The Peak (p17)
by DrPepperMan » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:32 pm

Cool blog, nice photos. I'm going to Singapore next year so I'm planning on going to HK at least whilst I'm there.

Count Nood
Joined in 2008

by Count Nood » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:34 pm

Great update, some good photos there.

The Eeveelution club!!! \o/
The Alchemist Penguin wrote:I want Tales of Vesperia PS3 now. Especially you loveable Patty. :wub:
Dual
Joined in 2008

by Dual » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:34 pm

Great post again Alpha. Those shots of HK from the cable-cart are great.

This photo made me laugh.

He looks so sad! Make sure you play with him soon.

DrPepperMan
Joined in 2008

by DrPepperMan » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:39 pm

CosmoKramer wrote:

Were the two blondes on the right as hot as they look? You must've notcied. :shifty:

EDIT: I think my question is answered in one of the later photos. :x

EDIT2:
Alpha eX wrote:I was about to joking shine the light on Antonia when I realised what it might show up so thought against it!

You dirty *******. In her parents' house as well.

Or maybe he has gone over the room with the light :shock:

I just have flashbacks from kitchen nightmares where you could see traces of "human fluid" up the walls and on the ceiling! :?

John Galt
Joined in 2008
AKA: Boo Radley

by John Galt » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:59 pm

Hong Kong looks like shopping heaven.

I asked earlier but you didn't answer: what's with all the Japanese stuff in HK?

Rightey
Joined in 2008

by Rightey » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:10 pm

Alpha eX wrote:Antonia discovered her maids had put the wrong bag in the car, we had to go back because her ID was in the one she had to take, traveling without it is illegal for locals

Bloody Commies, what a country. :x

Pelloki on ghosts wrote:Just start masturbating furiously. That'll make them go away.

Memento Mori
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

by Memento Mori » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:45 pm

The photos in Alpha's threads are always fantastic.

Roonmastor
Joined in 2008

by Roonmastor » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:05 pm

The weather was really miserable by the time we got to the top. Light rain and lots of clouds, not very photogenic. I got a few pictures but then Antonia decided she wanted to go to the toilet, we went back into the tower and when we tried to go back up, realised the tickets we had only allowed us to go up once!

Bloody women! :roll:

Model in the window - Would

Girl with one leg - Would

I've not been posting much, but I'm following the thread intently.

Igor
Joined in 2008

by Igor » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:43 pm

The dad is minted and all he gets you is a keychain with a UV light on?! Miserly old bastard..

I kid, sounds like it's going well with them, considering the interruption the other day.

SEP
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by SEP » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:48 pm

Igor wrote:The dad is minted and all he gets you is a keychain with a UV light on?! Miserly old bastard..

I kid, sounds like it's going well with them, considering the interruption the other day.

He was going to buy him a car, until the interruption.

Fatal Exception
Joined in 2008
AKA: Racist chinese lover

by Fatal Exception » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:48 pm

Don't the triads give you a keychain right before they strawberry float you up for shagging their daughter?

Seriously, it happened to my mate Dave. He's alive now but can't walk, and still finds fragments of pineapple in his poop from time to time.

The above post, unless specifically stated to the contrary, should not be taken seriously. If the above post has offended you in any way, please fill in this form and return it to your nearest moderator.
Orbital
Joined in 2008

by Orbital » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:10 am

Fatal Exception wrote:Don't the triads give you a keychain right before they strawberry float you up for shagging their daughter?

Seriously, it happened to my mate Dave. He's alive now but can't walk, and still finds fragments of pineapple in his poop from time to time.

this is actually true. you should watch out mayne.!

The People's ElboReformat
Joined in 2008
AKA: Goat, Zenigame

by The People's ElboReformat » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:09 am

I was about to joking shine the light on Antonia when I realised what it might show up so thought against it!

Pimpin' it large, Alpha.

Would have been great if you had done that and something shown up. Would be like something from a comedy film or something. Much like the catching-you-in-the-act moment earlier.

Pudding is still awesome. :wub:

The Eeveelution club! \o/

Return to “Archive”