Alpha's Summer Adventure

Our best bits.
Yorkcityknight
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Alpha's Summer Adventure - Bye Bye, Beijing (p31)
by Yorkcityknight » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:59 pm

Isn't the burnt out building the unfinished CCTV offices and hotel complex that burnt down when a firework display went wrong during the Chinese New Year in February?

Apparently the building wasn't in use yet so they hadn't turned the sprinkler system on. :fp:

Great stuff Alpha. I've loved every single post. Thank you.

The People's ElboReformat
Joined in 2008
AKA: Goat, Zenigame

by The People's ElboReformat » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:00 pm

Awesome update Alpha.

:lol: "(NDS Boy) Gordon ^_^ ^_^"

The Eeveelution club! \o/
Alpha eX
Joined in 2008

by Alpha eX » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:14 pm

Zenigame wrote:Awesome update Alpha.

:lol: "(NDS Boy) Gordon ^_^ ^_^"

You should have seen the look of horror in his parents eyes as he wrote, "XD XD XD", his parents thought he was writing, "XOXOXO" :lol:

John Galt
Joined in 2008
AKA: Boo Radley

by John Galt » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:19 pm

Thanks Alpha, the Beijing info looks like it will be really helpful. I never though of going on a tour as I assumed I'd be able to do it cheaper myself but looking at the quality of your accommodation, food and the general convenience of having everything done for you has made me reconsider.

Exxy
Joined in 2008
AKA: Dodems

by Exxy » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:21 pm

Yorkcityknight wrote:Isn't the burnt out building the unfinished CCTV offices and hotel complex that burnt down when a firework display went wrong during the Chinese New Year in February?

Apparently the building wasn't in use yet so they hadn't turned the sprinkler system on. :fp:

Great stuff Alpha. I've loved every single post. Thank you.

It is indeed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m78ispE1xao

Alpha eX
Joined in 2008

by Alpha eX » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:56 pm

Dan Ryan's
02-07-09

We finally got the rest we needed after the tiring trip to Beijing, waking up well into the afternoon feeling refreshed and alive again. Today we had planned to meet Jacqueline, one of Antonia’s best friends who had just returned to Hong Kong. I had never met her so was a tiny bit nervous as best friends are usually very judgemental about boyfriends and such. We planned to meet for dinner at the Pacific Plaza, a medium sized shopping mall in Central Hong Kong.

We arrived just past 5pm and it was still quite busy. Jacqueline had already arrived so we went inside to meet her. As we were going down the escalators, Antonia saw her, going up on the one next to us. We walked around talking for a while, Jacqueline seemed nice but I was quite tired so must have came off as quite rude for not talking as much as I usually do, which is a lot.

Jacqueline had already booked a table at the restaurant, Dan Ryan’s, for 6.30pm so we had an hour to kill. We decided to check the cinema to see what films were playing and if we had time to catch one. There wasn’t much choice because of the time, it was either Hannah Montana or Ice Age 3D. Not being retarded, we booked tickets for Ice Age. The tickets were quite expensive compared to the other cinemas and there was even an extra fee because it was a 3D film, came to around £10 for me which is Central London cinema price but then again, Pacific Plaza is a bit of a high class shopping mall.

We still had a while before we needed to be back at the restaurant so we headed down to the Great Food Hall to wet our appetite. I had no idea what this place was, just assumed it was a selection of small places to eat but I was wrong, it was a small supermarket.

We looked around here for a while, Antonia and Jacqueline were off looking for Sushi while I was looking at sweets. I later drifted towards the live fish section when I passed a smiling dish and then got to the lobster tank where one defiant lobster was trying and doing well at climbing out of the tank!

Smiley Dish and Lobster

I caught back up with the girls and they had a small box of Sushi each. I’m not a fan of Sushi, never really got into it, even in Japan. What I do like is Ice Cream and near the checkout was a large Ice Cream section, perfect.

I decided to get a large scoop of Lemon Sorbet, my favourite. Just as expected, the ice cream was delicious, very smooth and sweet. While the girls were eating Sushi I was enjoying the ice cream way too much. It woke me up a bit and made me very hungry, thankfully, it was time to head back to Dan Ryan’s.

Dan Ryan’s is Antonia and Jaquelines favourite place to eat together. It is a American Style Steak House, sort of like TGI Fridays but with less variety on the menu. The decor is very similar with road signs and useless junk all over the place.

We were quickly shown to a table and promptly given a large bowl of bread and quite oddly, muffins. I nibbled at the bread and the girls shared a muffin while I looked at the menu. The girls were going to order their usual, a large Appetizer Combo followed by Reuben Sandwich. I decided to go for the Hamburger and ordered another Appetizer Combo.

The appetizers arrived, Onion Rings, Potato Skins and Chicken Wings. I was told the portions would be huge American size but these weren’t that big.

I started with the Onion Rings which weren’t too bad, the onion was very tough so once you got through the tasty crispy coating you were left chewing on an onion. Still, not too bad. The Chicken Wings were good but had a bit of a strange taste in the sauce, not wanting to fill up as the main courses arrived, I left the Potato Skins.

The portions weren’t too big but it looked good. I ordered the hamburger which was massive and tasted great. It was just what I was craving for. Girls being girls, they couldn’t eat all of their Reuben Sandwich so they gave me more chips which were very welcome and devoured quickly. After dinner I went off to the bathroom leaving the girls at the table, I came back to them both grinning, they had ordered a surprise desert.

Deep Fried Ice Cream. It was AMAZING. Sitting in a puddle of sweet strawberry sauce, lightly fried to give a soft yet crispy coating to the cold ice cream inside, this was a brilliant dish which I highly recommend. If you’re ever in Hong Kong, get your ass to Pacific Place, go to Dan Ryan’s, skip the dinner and go for the Deep Fried Ice Cream. Typing this at 4am, looking at the picture, I want it again.

We wrapped the evening up with the film, Ice Age 3D, which wasn’t bad at all. I enjoyed it and so did the girls, the 3D didn’t add much but I’m starting to like the 3D films that seem to be becoming more popular now. After the movie we had a drink in Starbucks before going our separate ways and going home. It was nice meeting another of Antonia’s friends, we seemed to get along fine and I had a great time.

Rog
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Alpha's Beijing Adventure - The Temple of Heaven (p30)
by Rog » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:12 pm

Zenigame wrote:
shas'la wrote:
Zenigame wrote:Can't be Antonia. Alpha wouldn't post a picture of her here incase we act... well, like this. :lol:

Not antonia.

You've seen the fabled Antonia?

Is she hot? Pics please. :shifty:

Shes on Alpha's msn pic if you're that desperate.

Rightey
Joined in 2008

by Rightey » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:01 pm

:lol: That fried ice cream sounds bizarre, as far as the portion thing goes, my dad has the same complaint when trying to get coffee in Europe, whenever he sees "American size" coffee he always gets that and is always complaining about it being too small.

Pelloki on ghosts wrote:Just start masturbating furiously. That'll make them go away.

shas'la
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Alpha's Beijing Adventure - The Temple of Heaven (p30)
by shas'la » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:08 pm

Rog wrote:
Zenigame wrote:
shas'la wrote:
Zenigame wrote:Can't be Antonia. Alpha wouldn't post a picture of her here incase we act... well, like this. :lol:

Not antonia.

You've seen the fabled Antonia?

Is she hot? Pics please. :shifty:

Shes on Alpha's msn pic if you're that desperate.

HAHAHAHA oh yeh!! after all the work he goes to hiding her face! noob error.

Jam-Master Jay
Joined in 2008
AKA: Lord Hypnos

by Jam-Master Jay » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:16 am

:shock:

Deep-fried ice cream. :o

Looks bloody lovely.

Roonmastor
Joined in 2008

by Roonmastor » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:53 am

I'm not reinstalling MSN just to see this pic. Although, as Antonia reads this thread I wonder if she'll feel a little peeved that her boyfriend keeps blocking out her face, as if he is ashamed to show off his girlfriend.

:twisted:

Alpha eX
Joined in 2008

by Alpha eX » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:33 am

Roonmastor wrote:I'm not reinstalling MSN just to see this pic. Although, as Antonia reads this thread I wonder if she'll feel a little peeved that her boyfriend keeps blocking out her face, as if he is ashamed to show off his girlfriend.

I'm not ashamed to show my girlfriend's face which is why she was in my msn display picture. I chose to not show her face here due to the way most members act in the forum, it's also why i'm not showing her family or friends, due to respect.

Antonia reads this thread quite often and prefers that I don't show her face, it's as simple as that really.

Please stop trying to find her picture, it's not too difficult and quite creepy that some of you are trying so hard.

Rog
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by Rog » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:31 am

Spot on Alpha. I'd never post any of my family on here because on here it's an open invitation for people to do whatever they want.

Fatal Exception
Joined in 2008
AKA: Racist chinese lover

by Fatal Exception » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:10 pm

Alpha eX wrote:
Roonmastor wrote:I'm not reinstalling MSN just to see this pic. Although, as Antonia reads this thread I wonder if she'll feel a little peeved that her boyfriend keeps blocking out her face, as if he is ashamed to show off his girlfriend.

I'm not ashamed to show my girlfriend's face which is why she was in my msn display picture. I chose to not show her face here due to the way most members act in the forum, it's also why i'm not showing her family or friends, due to respect.

Antonia reads this thread quite often and prefers that I don't show her face, it's as simple as that really.

Please stop trying to find her picture, it's not too difficult and quite creepy that some of you are trying so hard.

It's not done in a creepy way, more of 'a game' kind of way. :lol: Curiosity and all that.

The above post, unless specifically stated to the contrary, should not be taken seriously. If the above post has offended you in any way, please fill in this form and return it to your nearest moderator.
JV
Joined in 2008
AKA: Maurice Merleau-Ponty

by JV » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:54 pm

Rog wrote:Spot on Alpha. I'd never post any of my family on here because on here it's an open invitation for people to do whatever they want.

Yep. Was it Pell who posted his missus once and then KP went and put his foot right in it? I'd never do it.

Igor
Joined in 2008

by Igor » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm

Good read.. Though I find Alpha's complete inability to wake up on time and his complete inability to stay awake quite funny.

Also, as well as snack, you've caused the word 'nap' to lose all meaning for me.

Really good read though, better than your Japan thread, in fact.

Cuttooth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Cuttooth » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:23 pm

Igor wrote:Really good read though, better than your Japan thread, in fact.

Hopefully Antonia will get to read that. :shifty:

I hope he's alright. :(

gaminglegend
Joined in 2008

by gaminglegend » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:43 pm

I have loved this thread Alpha and I think I speak from all of us when I say thankyou for taking all this time away from your holiday, and your girl to upload photos, videos, and comment. This is two brilliant threads you have created. I look forward to your next trip!

Check out the GRCADE Beer Money Thread - Free shares & Bank Switch Offers £££! :msgreen:
https://grcade.co.uk/t:the-making-beer-money-thread
Rightey
Joined in 2008

by Rightey » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:33 pm

Cuttooth wrote:I hope he's alright. :(

Why would he not be?

Pelloki on ghosts wrote:Just start masturbating furiously. That'll make them go away.

Rog
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by Rog » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:01 am

Hope Alpha all the best. This was an awesome thread. Hope everything works out.

Return to “Archive”