Alpha's Summer Adventure

Our best bits.
Fatal Exception
Joined in 2008
AKA: Racist chinese lover

PostRe: Alpha's Summer Adventure - Bloc Mickey at Times Square (p36)
by Fatal Exception » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:57 pm

He knows Alpha. He knows.

The above post, unless specifically stated to the contrary, should not be taken seriously. If the above post has offended you in any way, please fill in this form and return it to your nearest moderator.
Cuttooth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Cuttooth » Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:02 pm

Fatal Exception wrote:He knows Alpha. He knows.

He must have seen the footprints on the family's heirlooms.

Rightey
Joined in 2008

by Rightey » Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:27 pm

Cuttooth wrote:
Fatal Exception wrote:He knows Alpha. He knows.

He must have seen the footprints on the family's heirlooms.

:lol:

Pelloki on ghosts wrote:Just start masturbating furiously. That'll make them go away.

Alpha eX
Joined in 2008

by Alpha eX » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:03 am

Harry Potter and the Tower of Sushi
19-07-09

Today we went to see the new Harry Potter movie. We had to wake up early to leave for the cinema but were running late which pissed off the parents, not my fault, it was a joint effort of laziness from me and Antonia.

We finally arrived at the IFC, found a parking spot (which was the worry for being late, not getting one) and then made our way to the cinema. The house was full but thankfully we booked our tickets earlier in the week. Antonia’s parents went ahead while me and Antonia got a drink and some Strawberried Peanut Butter M&M’s, the parents didn’t want anything.

I’m not going to bother reviewing the film in great detail, it was an enjoyable way to waste a few hours sitting down but not a very entertaining one, the film seemed to just flutter on until it finally got to the finale and the set up for the next film. The best part of the film is the opening shot, a swooping camera through Central London, the rest was a bit meh. Some funny moments but i’m not really a fan of the Potter films, I just hate Daniel Radcliff’s smug face.

After the film we went to eat, Antonia’s father took us to a Sushi place, I hate Sushi. Well, that’s unfair, I just dislike it as I never eat seafood so haven’t had the chance to eat much of it. We went to a place called, Sen-Ryo.

Think an upper class Yo Sushi and you’re half way there. The place was more like a mini restaurant with the Sushi conveyer belt thing in the middle. If you have no idea what i’m going on about, it’s basically food on a conveyer belt that you take off as you please, of course, you have to pay and the bill is calculated by the colour of the plates.

I decided to start with the most basic of Sushi, Salmon. A juicy slice of raw Salmon over a rectangle of rice. It looked quite good so I took a large bite. The salmon tasted great with the rice, to my surprise, it was really good.

I chewed until my mouth tasted fowl, something in there was wrong, very wrong. I couldn’t eat it but had to finish. Not wanting to be rude, I ate the other piece which had the same fowl, sharp and bitter, slightly mustardy taste. It was Wasabi, ruined the Sushi as it was spread between the fish and rice. Too bad cause it would have been nice otherwise.

I decided to try less fishy things from the sushi belt. Antonia suggested I try the Sweet Egg which is basically omelette folded over in many layers and as the name suggests, very sweet and soft.

This was great, I really liked it but didn’t eat the seaweed casing as I don’t like the taste too much. I think the taste of the seaweed would have ruined the sweet tasting egg, it was lovely. The next thing I tried was fried tofu, as by Antonia’s strong and almost forceful suggestion.

This was amazing, it’s thin fried tofu, later marinated in sugar and seasoning. It tasted like pancakey treat, It was so damn good. I highly recommend this if you’re dragged to a Sushi restaurant and don’t enjoy the fish.

I didn’t eat much else at the sushi restaurant so I took pictures of the food everyone else was eating. I was actually quite full from just the small selection I had. I think it was the Wasabi that killed my apetite.

More Sushi

By the time we had finished there was a large tower of sushi plates on our table. Quite impressive, we ate a lot of Sushi (well, they did) I only had three of the plates but I enjoyed what I had and would have really liked the Salmon if it wasn’t for the Wasabi.

It was interesting to try Sushi again, the first time I tried it was in Japan with a strange couple I had only met a few minutes before, this was a much better experience, despite the Wasabi. I will try Sushi again but make sure I avoid the Wasabi as I think i’d enjoy it a lot more.

Rightey
Joined in 2008

by Rightey » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:12 am

Blech raw fish, I tried that stuff a few times, not to my taste. Also what a short update, I feel ripped off, I expect better from something that I'm not paying for. :x

Pelloki on ghosts wrote:Just start masturbating furiously. That'll make them go away.

Alpha eX
Joined in 2008

by Alpha eX » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:30 am

Turtle Rescue Squad
20-07-09

We were on our way back from squash driving up the hill towards the house. We pulled up and the driver ran out to the maids to tell them something, one of the maids ran down the hill and we thought nothing of it. That was until she came rushing in the house clutching something, a turtle!!

It had blood on the bottom, most likey run over (not by the driver, he saw it) so we took it in to try and rescue it. It was rushed up to the kitchen, the wounds were very small, nothing serious.

We put the turtle in a large tank of water. It wasn't doing much when we first starting putting water in, it was just hiding in it's shell being quite boring.

When the water level was high enough, the turtle seemed to come alive. He poked his little head out of the shell along with his arms, flipper like legs and a tiny tail. He was slowly moving around the water and seemed to be ok.

The turtle is now sitting in the bowl of the water looking quite happy.

We're going to try find out if it's a missing pet, if not, he will go to the animal centre or something to be taken care of. He will NOT go to Wan Chai market to become Turtle Soup!!!

We moved the turtle to another bowl with some food. He doesn't seem to want to eat...

Cool Turtle.

The People's ElboReformat
Joined in 2008
AKA: Goat, Zenigame

by The People's ElboReformat » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:45 pm

Should have got Pudding and turtle together. They'd make a cool double act.

The Eeveelution club! \o/
JiggerJay
Joined in 2008

by JiggerJay » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:00 pm

Alpha was your sushi tower meal expensive? I bet something of that magnitude would have cost you to remortgage your house at yo-sushi!

Skarjo wrote:You can buy all the fancy houses you want, we still remember you in a bath covered in ketchup for a free copy of CSI.

Instagram Twitter
darksideby182
Joined in 2008

by darksideby182 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:19 pm

that block mickey display looks great wish you would get more displays like that in the uk

Wii U : punkeator
Xbox live : darksideby182
Psn : darksideby182
steam : Punkeator
Origin : Punkeator
Switch : 6739-1557-7191
Roonmastor
Joined in 2008

by Roonmastor » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:26 pm

Did you see the Solar Eclipse, Luke?

Alpha eX
Joined in 2008

by Alpha eX » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:03 pm

JiggerJay wrote:Alpha was your sushi tower meal expensive? I bet something of that magnitude would have cost you to remortgage your house at yo-sushi!

It wasn't too expensive, the total bill came to around $700 which is about £50-60.

Roonmastor wrote:Did you see the Solar Eclipse, Luke?

Somewhat. We saw the moon over the sun after the main thing happened it seems which really sucks cause I wanted to see it go from light to dark then back to normal. I was really looking forward to it :cry:

Rightey
Joined in 2008

by Rightey » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:52 pm

Alpha eX wrote:

Somewhat. We saw the moon over the sun after the main thing happened it seems which really sucks cause I wanted to see it go from light to dark then back to normal. I was really looking forward to it :cry:

:lol: Did you sleep in?

Deception
Joined in 2008

by Deception » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:54 pm

My girlfriend left for Hong Kong today, have been reading your thread for stuff to recommend to her. Now I wanna go :(

Alpha eX
Joined in 2008

by Alpha eX » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:50 am

Rightey wrote:
Alpha eX wrote:

:lol: Did you sleep in?

We was in bed... :shifty:

Deception wrote:My girlfriend left for Hong Kong today, have been reading your thread for stuff to recommend to her. Now I wanna go :(

In a few days i'll be doing a massive 'places to see' post. If you have contact with her, tell her to get herself an Octopus card right away as it will save her a small fortune in travel fares on the MTR (underground)

Deception
Joined in 2008

by Deception » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:58 pm

Aw that's brill Alpha, what time do Shops/shopping centres etc close at over there?

Alpha eX
Joined in 2008

by Alpha eX » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:27 pm

ignore post.

Last edited by Alpha eX on Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cuttooth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Cuttooth » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:28 pm

Oh strawberry float. :(

The People's ElboReformat
Joined in 2008
AKA: Goat, Zenigame

by The People's ElboReformat » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:29 pm

Oh gooseberry fool.

What's happened, man?

The Eeveelution club! \o/
Cardinal Chunder
Joined in 2008
AKA: CosmoKramer

by Cardinal Chunder » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:09 pm

You seemed like you were having a great time out there with her, Alpha. :(

What happened?

Roonmastor
Joined in 2008

by Roonmastor » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:37 pm

That doesn't sound great mate, you okay?

Return to “Archive”